Fertigating techniques for time efficiency

• Thread starter HighestCut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HighestCut

HighestCut

Good morning growers!

I am trying to work on techniques to save time when it comes to fertigating. I am only growing one plant in coco, so I don’t need large quantities of water but I am using 13 different nutrients/supplements so it takes a lot of time to create one batch of water to fertigate. I am using the general hydroponics flora series expert program. I will attach a copy of the schedule for reference.

the problem is water only stays good for a day or so. If I could make say a week of nutrient water and keep it good for the whole week that would be ideal... I have thought about using air stones to make a large batch of water that can stay good longer.

What are your thoughts or ideas? Appreciate your input!!!

Fertigating techniques for time efficiency
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I use GH in a 25 gallon resevoir with fountain style aeration, no air stones. I can go at least 10 days sometimes 14 depending on the size of the plants. I have been running sterile until now but possibly switching over to live in the near future. 🤔 So far no issues not easily fixed 👍

🌱

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Just get a damn air pump and some tubing and a stone and mix up 8 gallons at a time or however much you need for a few feedings. Lol

Last edited:
HighestCut

HighestCut

I use GH in a 25 gallon resevoir with fountain style aeration, no air stones. I can go at least 10 days sometimes 14 depending on the size of the plants. I have been running sterile until now but possibly switching over to live in the near future. 🤔 So far no issues not easily fixed 👍

🌱

Are you talking about hydro grow here? Not sure what you mean running sterile, possibly switching to live. Thanks for the input!!

HighestCut

HighestCut

Just get a damn air pump and some tubing and a stone and mix up 8 gallons at a time or however much you need for a few feedings. Lol

I figured this is what I am going to have to do, any advice on best setup? Do you do this? What does yours look like? Thanks 👍

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I figured this is what I am going to have to do, any advice on best setup? Do you do this? What does yours look like? Thanks 👍

My setup consists of a 20gal Brute/ Rubbermaid vented trash can from home depot/ lowes as a reverse osmosis water reservoir, a 10 gal trash can for mixing/ storing the solution about 8 gallons at a time.

I feed 6 plants once or twice a day in 5 gallon fabric pots in a 4x4 and my reservoirs are a comfortable size but once you get up above 12 5 gal pots you start to rub up against the limits of this size reservoirs.

This is the air pump you want... it's a general hydroponics dual diaphragm. The cool part about this is that it has 4 ports and you can control the air flow on each valve.

Screenshot 20210119 004843 Chrome

Get some vinyl tubing and a few of these air stones and you should be all set.

Screenshot 20210119 005347 Amazon Shopping

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

🌱
How many bottles you using bro.i gather you wouldnt b using the same as Highestcut.it seems too many.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
In my opinion unless there are roots sitting in the water the air stone is not needed and fountain style aeration is way more efficient because of the mixing it also accomplishes. Also doubles as a way to pump out the res without going through the tent/plants. Just my 2 cents though 👍

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I wasn't asked but I'll answer too...

Canna A
Canna B
Calimagic
Silica (powder not bottle)
Epsom salt (not bottle)
Ph down
Carefree enzymes
Dip n grow (early veg only)
Bloombastic (mid- late flower)
Canna boost (foliar only mid- late flower)

So that's 11 ingredients in the nutrient solution, not to mention my compost tea that gets mixed once a week which has 13 ingredients

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

In my opinion unless there are roots sitting in the water the air stone is not needed and fountain style aeration is way more efficient because of the mixing it also accomplishes. Also doubles as a way to pump out the res without going through the tent/plants. Just my 2 cents though 👍

Can you show me an example of fountain style aeration? Is it just a submersible pump that moves water above the surface? I don't really know what product to look for.

I can see how that is better because things do tend to get out of solution.

I use air stones and just stir up my solution before I use it which seems to do an ok job at putting things back in solution.

Madmax

Madmax

No ask!! Always a good thing! I genuinely thought I was missing the point. 🤷‍♂️ lol.
Haha.nar just me bro stoned as usual .my mind jumped when you mentioned you use the same nute line.was curious how many you was using as you are having great results..i was keen to use there line but have found out we can no longer get here i aust..

Colossus

Colossus

No i havnt mate..i will go check them out..thanks for that Anthem.
Using FloraMax vegaflora A + B first time, just their a + b - other additives that have worked well is Advanced Nutrients - the pH buffers in the water perfectly to 7!!!

Im impressed with the size of these plants at week 2 veg... Compared to Nefurious Nutrients the proof is very visable!

Highly recommend FloraMax and even using AN Tarantula (root system) for the first couple weeks.

Top Bottom