Fertilizer(ferro) Drops The Ph.???help?

• Thread starter bbking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bbking

bbking

Hi!
Iam a COCO grower.Iam using a FERRO fertilizers for COCO for 1st time(NO OSMOSIS ONEs).
My tap water is PH7,3-6,9.When i put a FERRO fertilizers into the water tank the PH drops to PH3,5!!!???
This is my 1st fertilizer which drop the PH level.Ive bought an PH+ solution and make it up to PH5,9 with it.The PH+ solution is from FERRO too.
Am i act correctly?Аm i right?
PLS,HELP?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I also grow in Coco
But passive with Hempy Pots IMO after I make my Mix It is usualy at or neer 5.5 but there are times I need to add PH-Up
so if the PH up u are using is also for the Ferro Nutes I say Sounds like good logic to me. . . .
You can always call the manufacturer of the Fertilizers and ask.....
I cant tell you how many times I called JR Peters on my Jacks Pro fertilizer mix....
Sending good Vibes and positive results to @bbking
FlyJ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi!
Iam a COCO grower.Iam using a FERRO fertilizers for COCO for 1st time(NO OSMOSIS ONEs).
My tap water is PH7,3-6,9.When i put a FERRO fertilizers into the water tank the PH drops to PH3,5!!!???
This is my 1st fertilizer which drop the PH level.Ive bought an PH+ solution and make it up to PH5,9 with it.The PH+ solution is from FERRO too.
Am i act correctly?Аm i right?
PLS,HELP?
Holy fuck, that's a HELL of a pH drop! Your tap water may be a bit too soft. Yes, you're doing the right thing by adjusting the pH back up into the range of 5.8-6.2.

Wow. I think that stuff must be intended to be used with very hard, alkaline waters like mine.

bbking

bbking

Holy fuck, that's a HELL of a pH drop! Your tap water may be a bit too soft. Yes, you're doing the right thing by adjusting the pH back up into the range of 5.8-6.2.

Wow. I think that stuff must be intended to be used with very hard, alkaline waters like mine.
Yes,the tap water is too soft here!But the other brands of fertilizers do not act like this!??Even CANNA......
It is for DUTCH tap water.
FERRO has a ferilizers for OSMOSIS too,but iam with tap water.??
Iam growing PASSIVE COCO.
Can you prefer me the correct PH levels for whole cycle in COCO?Iam verry confused with this massive drop of PH level!!??Iam in the begining of vegetation with EC1,4.Can you imagine what will happened when i need to UP the EC levels?

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Coco coir cultivation is best with a pH range of 5.8-6.2 in my experience, and the majority of strains do very, very well at 6.0.

You can harden your water yourself by using damn near anything with CO3 as part of the molecule. Dolomite lime is very good for this, so is oyster shell flour. The more acidic and softer your water is (I'm one of those people who would kill for such good tap water!) the more quickly the reaction in my experience. I would pass some of the water through one of these compounds, and mix that with the tap water to get a slight rise in both pH and alkalinity, starting at about a 1:1 ratio. Add the fertilizer, see how much it affects the water column's pH, and increase or decrease the hardened water from there.

OR, conversely, you can go ahead and use a pH Up formula as needed, but try not to take it up so high that you'll need to adjust down again, that can become a bit of a mess.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Stand up advice as always
I would not have the plants I do if is was not for her green Knowledge, the charts she posts and the willingness she has to share it
Big Kudos Vibes to @Seamaiden for the 411
hope all works out well
flyJ

Top Bottom