fertilizing different strains in same box kinda back breaking?

• Thread starter DieselDuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselDuds

DieselDuds

is it a bad idea to grow mutiple strains rather than 1 strain in a box? reason im asking this is some strains can take in more fertz and some like it when theres little fertz. just seems vary time consuming adjusting fertz, ph, for every plant ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In the same media/container, you mean? It can be difficult, yes. This is where foliar feeding can really be helpful. Or, start with a base mix that works for everyone, then adjust strength for those who need more.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

sorry for not being specific enough, same media not same pot. I dont have much knoledge in foliar feeding, i really need to read up on that a lot. there any good reads on that here?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
sorry for not being specific enough, same media not same pot. I dont have much knoledge in foliar feeding, i really need to read up on that a lot. there any good reads on that here?
I still handle it the same way--mix up base feed at lowest levels for those who don't need a lot, then enrich it as I move onto the girls who need more.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Using soil is easy because you can do like SM said and make a nice soil mix and just add nutes if needed for feeding (foliar or soil drench), you don't need to ph. The flower timing can be annoying when you have multiple strains tho.
Foliar feeding is just spraying a light nutrient mixture on your plants which should be weak enough to able to foliar feed often (more than once a day) if needed, you can use nutes like earth juice or just a compost tea (Vitamin B1 and Sea Kelp are common for light foliar feeding also).

homebrew420

homebrew420

I have never encountered a variety with said issue. If the nutrient is complete and the pH is proper you can and will be able to grow anything together...anything. I think the nute sensitivity is almost always a pH thing in the media.

Max Frost

Max Frost

Using soil is easy because you can do like SM said and make a nice soil mix and just add nutes if needed for feeding (foliar or soil drench), you don't need to ph. The flower timing can be annoying when you have multiple strains tho.
Foliar feeding is just spraying a light nutrient mixture on your plants which should be weak enough to able to foliar feed often (more than once a day) if needed, you can use nutes like earth juice or just a compost tea (Vitamin B1 and Sea Kelp are common for light foliar feeding also).

Hey OD,

Just curious as to why you said it's not necessary to pH? I find it mission-critical!

Best,

Max :wacky:

buddahslave

buddahslave

I would only grow my best strain. Multiple strains are hard to manage because they have different needs at different times. For a pure og you will need more cal mag iron but give that same to other strains and the may have a nutrient overload. If you sell what you grow all your good shit will sell but you will be stuck with the boo boo so just grow your best and you wont have any problems.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey OD,

Just curious as to why you said it's not necessary to pH? I find it mission-critical!

Best,

Because if you're growing using organic, soil food web methodology, then that means that you're letting the biology make adjustments as needed. This is, of course, assuming that the biology is healthy and functioning well.

I don't pH my soil or my water or my teas or my feeds.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Hey OD,

Best,

Probably good to PH if you're not sure... I buy soil from the store and mix with perlite. They are usually between 6.8 and 7.0 which is good for Cannabis growing in soil. I should rephrase and say some people who use soil with compost teas do not find it necessary to PH. The soil in my backyard is 7.0 so I just kinda take it for granted that, like SM said, good soil is usually balancing itself. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom