Few questions about sealed room design

• Thread starter hydrodreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hydrodreams

The more I hear and in some cases I see about sealed rooms, the more it attracts my attention. The way I understand it, is that no new air will be brought in from outside and the circulating air will be supplemented with Co2 and the temperature kept in check with ac's. The fact that no new air is brought in, adds attractivity especially regarding the aspect of not bringin in extra amounts of fungal spores, bacteria etc. with that high ammount of air going in and out in non sealed rooms. And certainly because of the possibility to add extra co2 in an efficient way.

1. question: I cannot imagine, that all people having sealed rooms do not need to make sure, that it doesn't smell outside. As fare as I know, this is only possible with sub-pressure inside the room. At the moment, I cannot understand, how such a sub-pressure can be kept without bringing in new air and removing old one. How is that done?

2. Somebody told me, that new air has to be brought in from time to time because softeners from plastic surfaces and other such fumes will accumujlate more and more in the air and poisoning the plants at some point. Is that true?

3. Does the humidity go up a lot or do the ac's dry the air enough the stay in a good range of humidity?

Thanks for any help

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

With sealed rooms smell isnt really a problem (depending on were is located the room)......just when you open and close the door.....nothing comparable to a vented room....
No, air exchanges are not necessary unless you use propane to generate co2.....
You gona need also a dehum to keep the RH in check togheter with the ac....depending on how is insulated the room, they will likely chase each other...so both are necessary

Top Bottom