Few questions on curing few points please

• Thread starter Slickrick82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Wondering why batch smell like grassy but weird Sweet smell to the buds. What should it do. Leave it out for a bit or just leave it in jars that's all part of it never had this issue

H

hawkman

Wondering why batch smell like grassy but weird Sweet smell to the buds. What should it do. Leave it out for a bit or just leave it in jars that's all part of it never had this issue
that is normal what is your method for curring ? myself I hang for 3-6 days - then trim and put in a plactic tub w/ lid and sweat them for about another 4 days (+/-)(depends on strain) and then put in mason jars (amber color) (light destroys tch) opening jar once or twice a week - curring 15ays is the shortest time fro curring - generaly 1-3 months is a cure time

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Right what I assume also little moist and I didn't sweat this time , it does help.what would u do leave jar open for an HR or two chopped down day or two ago

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

U can get that grassy smell to go away with time but only after they've been hung for 2 weeks the buds must be jarred, burped daily and kept in the dark at 60 F and 60% RH. Bud should be perfect to smoke in about 4 weeks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like @GNick55 does… you want a longer slow dry 10-14 days is normal and larger buds can take more than that.

You accomplish that just as he says. Lower temps and higher humidity in the ranges he listed.

Drying too fast will give you that hay/grass smell and jarring to wet will start to give an ammonia type smell… which you definitely want to avoid.

Then like was said a nice long cure. Not a must but does make a significant difference in end product

Top Bottom