FFHF vs. FFOF vs. FFSF

• Thread starter CurtisBlow916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

So there are so many opinions on all of these soils.. all good IMO but here are the “Official nutrient rates” in all of them.. What’s your favorite? And a side question do you think fluctuating ph levels a few 10ths up and down through grow is a good practice? I’ve heard different options.

First is Fox farm happy frog

Second is Fox farm ocean forest

Last is Fox farm strawberry fields

Ffhf vs ffof vs ffsf
Ffhf vs ffof vs ffsf 2
Ffhf vs ffof vs ffsf 3
Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

I’ve heard good stuff about coco loco .. nice nitrogen level.. do you top dress?
I did a couple runs that I top dressed with happy frog dry amendments and others with bottle nutes. Both worked okay, but I thought (not too sure) the high N was prolonging flowering. I still use it for young plants then transfer to promix hpcc for flowering.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I did a couple runs that I top dressed with happy frog dry amendments and others with bottle nutes. Both worked okay, but I thought (not too sure) the high N was prolonging flowering. I still use it for young plants then transfer to promix hpcc for flowering.
Do you drastically cut out Nitrogen cold turkey or a slow tapper?

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

These products by ff are bulshit branding in a bag. Most of the mycos in there DO NOT have symbiotic relationship with cannabis, they are ment for use in trees (like pine), i guess some of the the bacteria is nice, but i also guess its unusable after watering for two or three times.

Out of these three, I'd go with the 2nd one.

Good luck

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

These products by ff are bulshit branding in a bag. Most of the mycos in there DO NOT have symbiotic relationship with cannabis, they are ment for use in trees (like pine), i guess some of the the bacteria is nice, but i also guess its unusable after watering for two or three times.

Good luck
W do you run? If I were to guess something like pro mix or something you have to amend yourself.

growsince79

growsince79

Good luck
Maybe so, but they make good buds.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Watch your ass with the ocean forest!
Fuckin shit breeds knats!!
Never again will I use that crap!!!!

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I’ve heard that.. a lot of people sift through there bag before they plant anything

growsince79

growsince79

Gnats love wet peat mixes. Growing in too big of container and over watering spells disaster. Need extra perlite and containers that dry in 2-3 days max. Small plants in big containers no good.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Big pot little pot,
It don’t matter with OC,
I used it religiously till 7 years ago until recently, tried again same problem but even worse

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

ROOTS ORGANICS
LUSH​

DERIVED FROM
Earthworm castings, dolomite, limestone, phosphate rock, bat guano, langbeinite, feather meal, sulfate of potash, fishbone meal, soybean meal, fish meal, kieserite, volcanic rock dust, blood meal, crab meal, alfalfa meal, greensand, volcanic ash, kelp meal, nettle leaf and hop flowers

*0.8% Slow Release Nitrogen from feather meal, blood meal, bat guano, soybean meal, alfalfa meal, fish meal, fishbone meal, crab meal, nettle leaf, hop flowers.

CONTAINS NONPLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS
1.5% Humic Acids from Leonardite and Peat Moss
0.1% Beneficial Bacteria and Mycorrhizal Fungi *

*BACTERIA CONTENT
Bacillus subtilis
2,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus licheniformis
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus megaterium
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus simplex
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM

*MYCORRHIZAL FUNGI CONTENT
Rhizophagus intraradices
0.4 PROPAGULES PER GRAM
Funneliformis mosseae
0.03 PROPAGULES PER GRAM
Septoglomus deserticola
0.03 PROPAGULES PER GRAM

Soil Amending Ingredients: Peat moss, earthworm castings, pumice, perlite, and coco fiber.

Roots Organics Lush growing mix is an amended peat-based media that delivers absolute consistency and control. What makes Lush superior to the competition? Nutrient-rich, this robust mix combines a well-measured primary fertility package with ideal foundational components to maximize yield in mature flowering plants. The precise ratio of peat, coir, perlite, pumice and worm castings has been added to create ideal water holding capacity and drainage. Rich in sustaining nutrients, this media is designed for a water-only or reduced nutrient schedule. In fact, most plants can happily feed on Lush for up to eight weeks without additional support. Roots Organics Lush is ideal for the gardener who wants a heavily amended soil packed with the best natural and organic nutrients on earth.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

ROOTS ORGANICS

LUSH​

DERIVED FROM
Earthworm castings, dolomite, limestone, phosphate rock, bat guano, langbeinite, feather meal, sulfate of potash, fishbone meal, soybean meal, fish meal, kieserite, volcanic rock dust, blood meal, crab meal, alfalfa meal, greensand, volcanic ash, kelp meal, nettle leaf and hop flowers

*0.8% Slow Release Nitrogen from feather meal, blood meal, bat guano, soybean meal, alfalfa meal, fish meal, fishbone meal, crab meal, nettle leaf, hop flowers.

*BACTERIA CONTENT
Bacillus subtilis
2,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus licheniformis
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus megaterium
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus simplex
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM

Rhizophagus intraradices
0.4 PROPAGULES PER GRAM
Funneliformis mosseae
0.03 PROPAGULES PER GRAM
Septoglomus deserticola
0.03 PROPAGULES PER GRAM

Soil Amending Ingredients: Peat moss, earthworm castings, pumice, perlite, and coco fiber.

Roots Organics Lush growing mix is an amended peat-based media that delivers absolute consistency and control. What makes Lush superior to the competition? Nutrient-rich, this robust mix combines a well-measured primary fertility package with ideal foundational components to maximize yield in mature flowering plants. The precise ratio of peat, coir, perlite, pumice and worm castings has been added to create ideal water holding capacity and drainage. Rich in sustaining nutrients, this media is designed for a water-only or reduced nutrient schedule. In fact, most plants can happily feed on Lush for up to eight weeks without additional support. Roots Organics Lush is ideal for the gardener who wants a heavily amended soil packed with the best natural and organic nutrients on earth.
That slow release nitrogen is good because it doesn’t hit the plant all at once?

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

W do you run? If I were to guess something like pro mix or something you have to amend yourself.
Yeah, these days i mix peat, coco, tuff, humus (vermicompost), chicken/cow compost, vermiculite and perlite + amendments. Thats if im going organic on heavy soil, in other cases i run coco/perlite some times ammended with humus.

Last edited:
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

ROOTS ORGANICS

LUSH​

DERIVED FROM

*BACTERIA CONTENT
Bacillus subtilis
2,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus licheniformis
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus megaterium
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM
Bacillus simplex
1,000,000.0 CFU PER GRAM

Rhizophagus intraradices
0.4 PROPAGULES PER GRAM
Funneliformis mosseae
0.03 PROPAGULES PER GRAM
Septoglomus deserticola
0.03 PROPAGULES PER GRAM

Looks like a good product, roots organics looks serious.

thcoso

thcoso

I did a full run from seed to stone using nothing but FFSF. I kept a detailed log of 8 plants: 4 Gorilla Glue and 4 Blue Dream and the amount of amendments I used. Here is the grow log.

Top Bottom