FFOF & HF, Coco coir, Growstones, EWCs, and more. Seeking advice on what to (& Not to) mix together

• Thread starter Danked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danked

Danked

Hey whats up fellas.... So I've been to 2 different indoor gardening 'expos' in the past few weeks, and I scooped up all sorts of different stuff, too much to list really. And in between my last chop and these recent (Gage Green) D-Cure beans I just cracked, I switched up my whole setup. I've got a bigger area now, more lights, and I'm wanting to switch over from running synthetics in coco & growstones (60/40) to something more 'soil' (as far as "soilless" mixes go), but still be able to feed with 'veganic' nutes (G.O. & VegaMatrix - would like to do side by side).
SO....I've got 1 bag of FF OF, 1 bag of FF Happy Frog, 1 bag of VermiFire, 1 bag of botanicare's 'Cocogro' coco coir, about 1.5 bags of the bigger Growstones, ~15 lbs of locally sourced EWC's... um...a small bag of Hydroton (clay pellets)... I've got some dolomite lime around if I need it, bag of 'Budswel' Guano, Tons of different kinds of myco's (great white, oregonism XL, xtreme mykos & azos, etc), OG Tea Veganic Special Sauce, and some Gro Kashi too. Don't worry... I'm not looking to use everything in one big concoction, hah. I was kinda hoping to get a variety of responses to see what kind of mixes people come up with. Any and all advice/comments are welcome... Cuz I'm not sure what kind of stuff I can and can't mix together, Should mix together, and what will work decently with some bottled (I know...) 'veganic' nutes. Thank you... -danked

Danked

Danked

N/m... I was just trying to see if anyone could get more creative than myself, and use up as much of this stuff as possible... so I don't have to store it til next run. But it's all good. I've consulted a very knowledgeable grower about my random mediums/nutes/etc... and we got a plan figured out somewhat.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ocean forest mixed with the happy frog is good stuff and both are great if you just want to use separate ,ocean is good for 4 weeks without any nutrients,i use happy in solo cups,when roots start to come out bottom ,transplant into ocean,ive mixed and done well with both,ive even went straight into ocean from seed,depends on strain sometimes,as far as the rest you say,i say mix um up give her a go want no if you dont try.but with your coco i would suggest using coco nutrients,hope this could help as you see i grow in soil

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

My soil mix is 1 bag happy frog, 1 bag ocean forrest, 1 bag cyco coco pearl. Then I add a cup of happy frog fruit and flower, 1 cup of green sand, and 1 cup dolomite lime. I also like to mix hydroton in there when I'm planting into the pots. I use smart pots and put about a 2 inch layer of hydroton in the bottom then put that soil mix on top of that. It is a killer soil mix that drains well and has a decent amount of food in it. I usually start seedlings in just happy frog then put them into the custom mix. When planting into the mix the seedlings will have decent sized roots so I make a compost tea and add a little extra great white around the root ball and water in.

M

mulehunter

That sounds exactly what i was thinking i have it mixed up already i just need to add more ffof to the mix
How is your water schedule on that do you treat it like soil?

M

mulehunter

I have the gGeneral organics line up for that mix i wanted to try out.

M

mulehunter

Do you still feed or is that a puper soil type deal ,where you just water through the whole grow?

Top Bottom