FFOF vs cheap peat based soils

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It seems that Fox Farms is the premium brand for pot growers. I'm just wondering why? I've never used it but I don't understand wHY it is so popular. The expense of it turns me off it completely. I can grow 25 plants for $30 tax in. FFOF would cost me almost $1000.00 for the same amount of soil. Is it really 30x better than what I use? wow Imagine that 30x bigger & badder plants. This Chemdog in Fox Farms Ocean Forest would have been 30X bigger in the same amount of time.... Sorry I just don't get it.
Ffof vs cheap peat based soils

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Buy a bag and see for yourself. If you’re good without it then why do you care? If you’re looking for something different then that means you aren’t satisfied with what you’re using. Why else would you care? I don’t come here asking about other soils, because I’m happy with what I’m using. Do your own thang and don’t worry about what others use or how much it costs them.

amandak

amandak

i only like to use the most expensive FFOF and my plants are probably 30x more loved than yours
just yanking your chain. If the cheapest soil works for you then you should be happy that you're saving money. Make your own living soil and recycle it crop to crop then you will save even more

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Buy a bag and see for yourself. If you’re good without it then why do you care? If you’re looking for something different then that means you aren’t satisfied with what you’re using. Why else would you care? I don’t come here asking about other soils, because I’m happy with what I’m using. Do your own thang and don’t worry about what others use or how much it costs them.
Maybe my method of informing others of viable options is different than yours. I don't really care why you come here. Why do you care why I come here? Is doing your thang informing others what you'd like to don't like to read here. Do you have list of questions I should avoid so not offend your eye's? Did my question strike a nerve? I thought it was to each their own? Just ignore me that will solve your problem.

If there is a dam good reason to use it then I'd like to know. I'm here to learn what others do and why they do what they do.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
just yanking your chain. If the cheapest soil works for you then you should be happy that you're saving money. Make your own living soil and recycle it crop to crop then you will save even more
The question isn't about the savings as much as I'd like to find out why people spend so much on dirt. Like I said is there a good reason? or is it habit and not knowing there are options.?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Does being a premium member give you a right to dictate to others what they do here?

"Do your own thang and don’t worry about what others use or how much it costs them. "

noahcola

noahcola

the way you put your initial "question" seems a bit facetious. You seem to just be bashing FFOF and asking why people would use it and if you did would your plant be 30x bigger then. Obviously your plant wouldn't be 30x bigger so you are just making a post to stir drama it seems.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
the way you put your initial "question" seems a bit facetious. You seem to just be bashing FFOF and asking why people would use it and if you did would your plant be 30x bigger then. Obviously your plant wouldn't be 30x bigger so you are just making a post to stir drama it seems.
What's the difference. whether I ask about LED vs COBs or HPS vs CMD I see questions here like that all the time but FFOF is sacred? I think it offends people that spend a whack of cash on something and believe because they spend the money it will produce better results. I may have been insensitive on how I phrased my comment after the question but bring offended by a question is new to me. I keep thinking free speach but I should know better in this new PC world.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What's the difference. whether I ask about LED vs COBs or HPS vs CMD I see questions here like that all the time but FFOF is sacred? I think it offends people that spend a whack of cash on something and believe because they spend the money it will produce better results. I may have been insensitive on how I phrased my comment after the question but bring offended by a question is new to me. I keep thinking free speach but I should know better in this new PC world.
Talk to me tell me why its 30x better than cheap dirt....I'm all ears

N

Newber

To clarify, I only use ffof but now I'm legally at 36 plants it is kinda pricey. Always down for a lead to look into. peace

growsince79

growsince79

It seems that Fox Farms is the premium brand for pot growers. I'm just wondering why? I've never used it but I don't understand wHY it is so popular. The expense of it turns me off it completely. I can grow 25 plants for $30 tax in. FFOF would cost me almost $1000.00 for the same amount of soil. Is it really 30x better than what I use? wow Imagine that 30x bigger & badder plants. This Chemdog in Fox Farms Ocean Forest would have been 30X bigger in the same amount of time.... Sorry I just don't get it.View attachment 962717
Where I live ffof is $35-40 for 3cu/ft. Where the hell do they sell it for $1000? Do you live overseas or what?

N

Newber

Where I live ffof is $35-40 for 3cu/ft. Where the hell do they sell it for $1000? Do you live overseas or what?
they have 3cu/ft bags??! I'm not far off in Kansas City at $16 plus tax for 1.5cu/ft, but never seen an option for bigger

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
3 cubic ft for $35- $40 FFOF......... 3.8 compressed cubic ft 107 litres for $30 GreenWorld VPW 30 or even Promix blows the heck out of 3 cubic ft for $40 Promix 3.8 compressed cubic ft 107 liters $35-$40

I don't think you read my first post correctly. I get 25 grows out of 1 bale I'd get 1 grow from $30-$40 FFOF.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

3 cubic ft for $35- $40 FFOF......... 102 cubic ft for $30 GreenWorld VPW 30 or even Promix blows the heck out of 3 cubic ft for $40 Promix 102 cubic ft $35-$40

I don't think you read my first post correctly.
Where can you buy it retail- or do you have to buy bulk? My store doesn't have it. Is it same as promix- no nutes?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Where can you buy it retail- or do you have to buy bulk? My store doesn't have it. Is it same as promix- no nutes?
Not sure go to GreenWorld and look for dealers in your area. My brand isn't the only peat based product, I like this one because of 30% perlite and after using it for the last year I like it better than Promix for its buffering. Its hard to move the ph off 6.6.

Top Bottom