FF's journey into The Third Dimension

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Planted 3 x 3D on 4th Nov 08 in rr cubes soaked in formulex and rhizotonic, placed in heated prop. All germ'd fine. Seedlings broke surface yesterday and here's a group shot from today.

Ffs journey into the third dimension

The reason for planting 3 and not all 10 is firstly a space management issue so that I'll have room in 30 days to flower them. This is a quick mother grow...i.e. no selection, just grab a girl and mother her. What really attracted me to this strain was the speed and flavours, so I'd really like to try her in a number of different growing styles and see which one fits us both.

Ordinarily I do coco, but for these I want to try some active hydro....hence using rr cubes for prop and not directly into coco. Once they break out of the cubes they're going into my aero prop for a week to develop some rootmass and then into 3" netpots in 5 litre black buckets with a small airstone for some DWC. One of them will be done aero stylee, using an ultrasonic fogger instead of DWC.

I know it's more sensible to get the mother, and then do these experiments from clones...but I figured why not do it this way. It's all learning. I just need to get a single female....any others will get flowered.

That's the rough plan for now.

S

Stackin Paper

Never heard of it but im in for the ride man,

How many days does she take to finish FF?

Fingers crossed they're not all male eh bro

F

FastForward

The Third Dimension

Aka 3D
Dank Dairy Certified
Featured in Big Book of Buds 3 Page 166,167

This 3 way cross of super elites is our fastest maturing hybrid. Having a very tropical taste reminding me of coconuts and Pineapple almost like a Pina Colada. The strain gets done very fast but does not lack in potency. The added boost of Jack’s Cleaner seems to really boost up the Sativa influence but the buzz is still very calming and relaxing with a nice mix of the three THC profiles present. I really enjoy smoking this weed so the smokability factor is high for flavor and taste.

Medium Yielding Hybrid with strong speedy buzz
Phenotypes –Mainly Sativa with incredible speed and high resin production
Height-Medium stretch/ Triangle shaped Colas
Yield-Medium / Easy to Trim
Indoor/ Outdoor
Best way to grow- Topped and vegged to a 30” Bush
Harvest Window_45-50 days
Sativa/ Indica 60/40
Hybrid-Apollo-13 X Jack the Ripper
High type-Warm soft waves of high and very easy to smoke
Smells: Tropical flavors range from Cocoanuts, pineapples, Kiwi and fruit punch
Incredibly fast plant great for making Red bubble.

45-50 days is grrrrrreat for me...plus it looks really tasty. Plus A13 and JTR? /me dribbles...

Oh yeah, if I get 3 males out of 3 I'll be surprised...but hey, weirder shit has happened...

B

beanz240

OH YEA FF, this is one i've been interested in for quite some time now. Finally i get to watch first hand. Good luck

F

FastForward

All three seedlings have rooted the rr cubes and I've moved them into the aero prop (Formulex, Rhizotonic, Superthrive, pH 5.7, EC1.2). Will move them into the buckets when the roots get an inch or so long. Aero prop pump on a timer, 15 mins every 4 hours, for a few days whilst roots develop, will then go on 24/7.

IMG 4802
IMG 4803
IMG 4804
IMG 4807
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
They're gonna rocket in that setup FF. Looking good, 45 days is lightning.

B

beanz240

Ya know it's setups like that that show your great skills. I just can't get those systems down. Great job looking wonderfull so far. I am so interested in this strain i'm going to keep a good eye on this.

F

FastForward

Ya know it's setups like that that show your great skills. I just can't get those systems down. Great job looking wonderfull so far. I am so interested in this strain i'm going to keep a good eye on this.

This is my 2nd attempt :) First one went down in flames, but it was my first grow and it was July....so it was doomed from the outset...

P

ProGroWannabe

Ohhhh yeah! Glad I found this one FF, and thank you for logging it here man!

F

FastForward

Quick update to log the root growth. On one of them some small white patches have appeared....at first I thought it was the mildew back again (despite amazing ventilation) but on closer inspection it looks like borg marks. No signs of life anywhere....hoping it was a one off freak.

Roots are developing nicely...I reckon about a week more before moving into the buckets.

IMG 4821
IMG 4822
IMG 4823
IMG 4824
IMG 4825
IMG 4826
IMG 4827
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
How did I miss this one ? I'm here for the ride now FF and I'm excited to see you run these:party

P

ProGroWannabe

Just in time bro!

FF...those roots sure are a pretty sight when they first pop out huh?

R

rounders02

:partyyeah i am in on this one ,nice score FF cant wait to see what these do...

F

FastForward

Day 13 since germination

Quick update to show the root development in the aero prop. I'm having some nute temp probs, and can't keep it below 22c - I think it's either ambient temps or the pump heating it. I've added in 5ml per 10l of h2o2 and some zone just to make sure things stay healthy. They only have to hang in there for a few more days before they'll be ready to move out.

I'm also in two minds as to whether to DWC these...given that I'm having temp probs I think I might just revert to coco and then try the hydro/aero DWC stuff with clones from a mum.....much more sensible. We'll see.

IMG 4843
IMG 4844
IMG 4845
IMG 4846
IMG 4847
IMG 4848
IMG 4849
P

ProGroWannabe

Beautiful white roots FF...good job I say! How about doing just two of them in DWC and the rest in coco? It's totally up to you and what works for your schedule, but I thought I'd ask ya.

F

FastForward

I think it's going to have to be all or nothing, only because if I do just one DWC and it goes bad, it'll be just my luck that that one was the female of the three!!

F

FastForward

Ahhh yeah that makes sense man.

Yep...that's exactly why I went ahead and did it anyway :)

WARNING: The first sign of any trouble and I'm going to put these plants into coco...but for now, I'm going to give it a go. Main probs are nute temps and probable pH swings, but we'll see.

Details:

5l plastic buckets
3" netpots
GH 3-parter @ 7ml/10l
Rhizotonic
Cannazyme
Zone @ 8ml/20l (to protect roots because I can't guarantee sub 20 temps)
EC1.2, pH 5.5

Photos:

3D1 and 3D2 are DWC, 3D3 is aero/fogger (atm trying out 30s every 10 minutes)

IMG 4853
IMG 4854
IMG 4855
IMG 4856
IMG 4857
IMG 4858
Top Bottom