Filter Too Close To Light?

• Thread starter outthecloset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

outthecloset

Hey guys, first post, have been sneaking around here for 2 years now soaking up advice and info that has helped me get to where I am now.
I always search for an answer before considering asking , but I haven't found an answer for this , so here it is.
My 400w hps is about 14" from my filter, and cast light onto a portion of the filter and I'm wondering if the heat placed on it can cause problems/ shorten the filter life. I'm considering hanging a piece of plastic in front of the filter to block light to keep direct heat off the filter. Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this ?

Currently using a 2x5x5 tent with 400w hps, 6" x 12 phresh filter and built a scrog 3 days ago.
Switched to 12 12 a week ago, everything looks healthy . 6 plants under scrog, one outside of tent (won't fit lol) . Random seeds to start, current run is clones off a girl (obviously)

Extra info: ordered a king plus led 1000w light , will have it set up in about a week. The led won't have a problem with heat on the filter, but for the meantime it is a concern.
Thanks to anyone willing to take the time to write back.

Filter too close to light
Filter too close to light 2
Filter too close to light 3
O

outthecloset

thanks g gnome. i hung a thick piece of cardboard in front of the filter just in case.

O

outthecloset

agreed. it was a quick prototype, ill make something more permanent tonight. i just took a look at your thread called shit hole, and i have to say i feel honored to have a grower of your magnitude stop by my little joke of a grow , haha. props to you and your level of growing/ success. thanks again g gnome

G gnome

G gnome

agreed. it was a quick prototype, ill make something more permanent tonight. i just took a look at your thread called shit hole, and i have to say i feel honored to have a grower of your magnitude stop by my little joke of a grow , haha. props to you and your level of growing/ success. thanks again g gnome
So u came by the shithile and didnt drop a single like huh? Ur welcome haha....magnitude lol

O

outthecloset

I'm gonna use the "I'm new to the site and don't know post etiquette yet" excuse lol .

Top Bottom