filter

• Thread starter wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wonka

wonka

i have heard many people say they have done it each way... but what way is the right way to kill oder in a filter.. sucking throw or blowing throw.. please any info would be a big help

og dmc

og dmc

I have heard pulling through is most efficient, always worked for me.

C

Cusick

Either will work, as long as the air is traveling at or below the rated level on the Can. you don't wanna overpower it, so use a speed controller if necessary.

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong here, but I believe weaker fans (like cheapo duct boosters) will have a much harder time pushing through than pulling, as their motors cannot perform nearly as well under pressure.

However..with a powerful inline, the difference is more negligible.

D

danny954

can you just put like activated charcoal in a mesh bag and have your exaust fan next to it and still get good odor control?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
can you just put like activated charcoal in a mesh bag and have your exaust fan next to it and still get good odor control?

The smell would have to be pretty weak for that to work. I have a few that I can run without odor control being a problem. People associate certain smells with our favorite plant, most notably skunk.

Pulling through a can filter is the way to go in my experience, but there are other, less expensive (in the short run) means available in grow stores. Keep in mind this is a security issue and I personally don't cheap out when it comes to security and ventilation. Just my 2 cents...

D

danny954

lol so would you recommend a deodorizing gel ? cause ive read about them but never found a review about them

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
like hererisssh said dont skimp on odor control saving a few bucks might cost you thousands later buy a charcoal filter with the right size fan youll sleep better at night.

F

flava

phat filter

I use 2 phat filters and on their website they say you can suck or blow and mount vertical or horizontal. I still prefer to have the can in the room though.

Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

i use a DUTCH BREEZE carbon filter and a VORTEX 4" it does a very nice job for my 4'x4'x7' closet.
I have always pulled thru my filter because i figure that they have that white mesh prefilter sock on it for a reason, to keep all the crud that could clog up ur filter out. but i suppose if u filtered the air b4 u push it thru it should work but i think it works better pulling rather than pushing. its kinda the same principal behind negative pressure in ur grow room ie: blowing air out rather than pushing it in.

T

thcnology

Well, we don't know what size of a grow we have here, or anything else for that matter, but in my experience if you really need to kill smell, just throw the filter away and get an ozone generator.

wonka

wonka

hey sorry for leaving the size of my grow out.. my room is 4 x 3.5 x 7.. i have never had to worry about smell before but now i will be taking all measures to rid all oders... all ideas are welcome.. thanks guys

B

bluegrass

I too am trying to get an idea of how to kill the smell here in my room. I was thinking ozone and charcoal combined with a diluted pinesol in a bucket and a bubbler stone in another part of the house. fuck it Im gonna spend more on odor than on anything else just for good measure..

B

bluegrass

explain negative pressure please, just air being pulled out of the room?

og dmc

og dmc

Exactly. When I bought my filter they recomended a charcoal filter that can handle 200 cfm per 1000 wats of light. I would say that will work but 400 is even beter. The higher cfm will also provide beter air flow and heat control. I have this type set up and people have been coming over for years and dont smell anything.

B

Bubble Puppy

I have a homeade carbon filter in an open room .The room exasusts though the top of the closet .I just upgraded to a 550 cfm fan .I have a febreeze oil pluging running ..as well as a Ozone generator on a cycle timer whic comes on for 60 seconds every 20 min ..hopefully this should do it ..

Latest posts

Top Bottom