FILTERED WATER VS RO WATER

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

I think its more likely that the aquaculture dudes don't use the carbon filters because it filters their nutes out of the water and doesn't leave any food for the plants. Because we're adding nutes to water after we filter, this shouldn't be an issue for us. I can't think of any negative property carbon could impart to the water through filtration. Carbon doesn't hurt, well, anything :)
Thanks for "clearing" that up, lol

guy barnes

guy barnes

Can you post a picture of the zero water system. Is it a real system or the small one they sell at target?
sure her they are we fill up 50 gallon rez with this unit and it dont take much time and th ph adjusts fine when before a pint of ph down wouldnt adjust

100 1173
100 1171
ttystikk

ttystikk

It leaves heavy metals in, and radioactive substances--which your marijuana plants are VERY adept at taking up (hemp is often used to remediate contaminated soil).

The difference is that all of what carbon *mostly* removes, RO removes all the way--in addition to removing everything else that carbon doesn't.

This is very informative- around my neck of the woods, there are loads of naturally occuring uranium deposits, enough to be commercially viable to mine. Just the stuff that's already in the soil is causing high local rates of lung and other cancers from radon contaminated basements, among other mostly underinvestigated vectors.

In general, the dissolved solids in the local municipal water is very low, around 50ppm.
This is why so few use RO filters - those who do are usually on well water.

Would this be of concern to local outdoor growers, and/or a concern for indoors too?

orbad

orbad

I installed this today. 10 micron carbon filter. I think I'll order the .5 micron filter soon though. Tap water here is quite drinkable already. After the filter I can pick up no chlorine taste or odor. I don't have a tds meter.

I've Ben using ro and have been having ca/mg issues. I'm hoping this helps out with that. Plus it will make flushing plants tons easier.

2012 09 21 130946
buddahslave

buddahslave

I bought my tds meter on ebay for about $10 and the same for my ph meter. They both came calibrated. I think the water filter you have is fine, I use to have one of those and it worked well removing chlorine. Small amount of chlorine might find its way through the filter, but not enough to kill any beneficial bacteria or fungi. Good luck to your grow! http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=tds+meter&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

buddahslave

buddahslave

sure her they are we fill up 50 gallon rez with this unit and it dont take much time and th ph adjusts fine when before a pint of ph down wouldnt adjust
You bought that at homedepot, I live at homedepot it seems like and I have never seen it. Are you in california or another state because maybe our homedepot don't carry it and I might need to order it. It looks great though! How long does it take to fill up the 55 gallon rez?

guy barnes

guy barnes

You bought that at homedepot, I live at homedepot it seems like and I have never seen it. Are you in california or another state because maybe our homedepot don't carry it and I might need to order it. It looks great though! How long does it take to fill up the 55 gallon rez?
we got it in rhode island but i would think they all have them it works like a charm and we have hard well water here and we have no problems adjusting ph with out it you cannot adjust ph at all it wont move

buddahslave

buddahslave

we got it in rhode island but i would think they all have them it works like a charm and we have hard well water here and we have no problems adjusting ph with out it you cannot adjust ph at all it wont move
can I just stick my water hose on the top and cut the water on and just let it run will it make non stop water or do I have to make 5 gallons at a time? I found it at homedepot.com

buddahslave

buddahslave

I installed this today. 10 micron carbon filter. I think I'll order the .5 micron filter soon though. Tap water here is quite drinkable already. After the filter I can pick up no chlorine taste or odor. I don't have a tds meter.

I've Ben using ro and have been having ca/mg issues. I'm hoping this helps out with that. Plus it will make flushing plants tons easier.
I'm using this $18 filter from walmart. It takes out chlorine and micro organisms, but I don't know the exact micron for it.
IMG 20120915 220451

Latest posts

Top Bottom