Filters?

• Thread starter Globel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Globel

Globel

So I see they sell the Under Current with filters now. I was wondering if this is necessary..

Also I noticed that the filters they use are of a much lower spec then the pumps they supply. They should be ran with 200-400 GPM not 900+.. they need to use disk filters for this rate I thought...

R

RMCG

So I see they sell the Under Current with filters now. I was wondering if this is necessary..

Also I noticed that the filters they use are of a much lower spec then the pumps they supply. They should be ran with 200-400 GPM not 900+.. they need to use disk filters for this rate I thought...

Saved my ass once now.

Its just a SS mesh screen inside to stop media/root chunks. Not sure if I noticed its impeding flow much, if any.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Those new stainless filter inserts are only 30 mesh....only tend to restrict flow when they need to be cleaned in my experience with them.

B

bdawg22

I just bought the 3/4" Y filters for my systems a month ago and they have been great. It has helped stop hydroton or any other debris. It has not restricted flow at all. I noticed it when I have added nuts to fresh water.

R

Randyb

I found actual root growth into the mesh from my last 2 buckets. Weekly cleaning is a good idea.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I dont use any filters what so ever and (knock on wood) havent had a problem in 2 yrs

M

Max Powers

yea, they work great for hydroton, etc., but definitely stay on cleaning it because once roots grow up in there it's a major bitch to get them out...

Latest posts

Top Bottom