fim job or just a really good haircut?

• Thread starter kd0afk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kd0afk

Tried fimming for the first timeand I think I was successful. But I don't know.
I will post a photo in a sec.
first_fim_job.jpg

P

pure arghan

dont think you have going buy the pick

Tried fimming for the first timeand I think I was successful. But I don't know.
I will post a photo in a sec.
first_fim_job.jpg

going buy that pick you need to cut lower, ie cut the small steam betwen the leave and the stock, try to make the cut as clean as posible, this will hele faster alowing your plant to concentrat on growing.
a good rule of thum is to only make a maximum of 3 cuts to your plant in one night/day and leave for a futher day so as not to shock the plant.
if a plant gets cut say 10 times, depending on the strain and type(sateva/etc) that could shock the plant, which sort of puts the plant into highbernation for a while, the plant stops growing and concentret's on living untill it fell's upto growing again which usealy is a week depending on how many cuts and where.
as to where, never cut off a fan leave as this will shock any plant but at bifrent leavels and time.
when feming you need to take your time.
good things come to thoughs who wait.
hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's :harvest:

K

kd0afk

Thanks for the great info. I tried it again on a different plant. Here is the cut.
2011-01-25_23-09-41_521.jpg

I nicked the leave but I am learning.
so three times a day every fourth day and do this 5 times would be a good plan? I want to grow 3 plants, start them 3.5 weeks apart and bush the heck out of them. Harvest one whoole plant 2 feet in diameter 5 feet tall every 3-4 weeks.
I love when a plan comes together.

P

pure arghan

sorry look's like last one

Thanks for the great info. I tried it again on a different plant. Here is the cut.
2011-01-25_23-09-41_521.jpg

I nicked the leave but I am learning.
so three times a day every fourth day and do this 5 times would be a good plan? I want to grow 3 plants, start them 3.5 weeks apart and bush the heck out of them. Harvest one whoole plant 2 feet in diameter 5 feet tall every 3-4 weeks.
I love when a plan comes together.

going buy that pick you have cut at the same place, not to worry you can just cut lower down on the same part of the plant, probly the best way for you to cut is to cut as close as you can to the stock, when you cut you should be left with a hole leaf or bunch of leaves with a small amont of steam still on it, you should be able to grow the part you cut off, ie simply push the cut part into the soil in your same pot, most of these will grow but you dont have to, its just a way of explaning wot you need to cut off.
this is how i fem my plants : when the plant has 6 nodes( dosent mater wot age the plant is as long as it has 6 nodes ) i will cut the top off the plant, ill then wait till the plant has growe the 2 new tops( about 2 weeks depending of the plant ) when the new top's are big enough( about 10mm distance from leaves and stock ) i cut both tops off at the steam, close to the stock and then id give the plant about a outher week and then your ready to start feming, ie buy this stage you will have steams growing up to the hight of the top of the plant, thats time to top each one of them, as i said before you should only cut a plant 3 times in one day and then give the plant at least a day to recover but would give 3 days to recover just to be sure that the plant wont get shocked.
as long as you give the plant time to recover you cant go wrong, also each strain of plant will like this done difrent times, ie cronic only like it done 4 times and white gold likes it done 6+ times so if i where you i would cut one of the plants 3 times and the second plant 4 times and the outher six times, to find out what your strain likes.
owe and when your finished making your last cut give the plant about 2to3 weeks before you flip to 12and12, or when you see alot of new growth, ie top leaves are a lighter green and rember good things come to thoughs that wait.
hope this helps and good luck with all your grows :harvest:

L

Lost

Pure- you are describing topping not fimming right? Looks good for a FIM to me!

P

pure arghan

Pure- you are describing topping not fimming right? Looks good for a FIM to me!

one cut is topping, even 2 cuts is topping, when you cut more than 3 times its fim,fem or supper cutting as far as i know?
hope this helps and good luck with all your grows :harvest:

L

Lost

Pure - FIM is for "Fuck i missed" which is how the technique got its name. You actually cut thru the topmost node cutting about 3/4 of it off, in the hopes of producing many top colas instead of 2 top colas with topping.

OP- Looks good to me, if thats wrong for fimming someone let me know! :)

P

pure arghan

try it my way and see wot you think

Pure - FIM is for "Fuck i missed" which is how the technique got its name. You actually cut thru the topmost node cutting about 3/4 of it off, in the hopes of producing many top colas instead of 2 top colas with topping.

OP- Looks good to me, if thats wrong for fimming someone let me know! :)
fim doest mean that man?
man theres a 1000 ways of doing this, there is no one way that everybody follow's, if you have seen alot fo peps doing it the same way then they'v probly found out how to on a forem, hear or where ever?
do me a faver and try it the way i have said to do it on just one plant and you will see wot im taking about,, has work'd for me for years, would't do it any outher way but thats just my opiun.
hope this help's and good luck with all your grow's :harvest:

B

Buddy Hemphill

I use fimming to slow vertical growth on OG. It allows bottoms to catch up better than topping. It seems like it stunts the vertical on the mainstem better than just topping.

FIM means Fuck I Missed....according to High Times.

FWIW.....I will poodle tail prune one in a heartbeat, and then FIM...DIE LARF!! Makes for a better flower and yeild...

P

pure arghan

I use fimming to slow vertical growth on OG. It allows bottoms to catch up better than topping. It seems like it stunts the vertical on the mainstem better than just topping.

FIM means Fuck I Missed....according to High Times.

FWIW.....I will poodle tail prune one in a heartbeat, and then FIM...DIE LARF!! Makes for a better flower and yeild...
ie man have seen that, have seen 20 other names naming it difrent though, gooogel it man
could you give more detail on your ways of pruning i would like to try it, i always try new things in shech of best way to crop, wot kind of weed do you grow?how long dose it take? wot yeld do you get? wot medium do you use?
hit me back man i always want to learn new stuff
thanks in advance for any help

Cultiv8r

Cultiv8r

I dont understand how fimming can be considered an advance technique... not to be a hater in ANY way, but doesn't this belong in standard cultivation techniques?

Latest posts

Top Bottom