Fimming caused plants to flower early...

• Thread starter Colabud47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Some popular strains in the 70's and 80's were Panama Red, Columbian (Columbo), Columbian Gold, Jamaican Red, Acapulco Gold, and plain Mexican brick weed which was just compressed during dry, cure, and for smuggling. The only one of those strains I see around now is Acapulco Gold from Seedsman. Bought some on Black Friday and hoping to get started after the current grows are ready for harvest.
Ian,
Luckily for you the AG today isn't real Acapulco Gold. If it was, nobody would want to grow it.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Those plants were already starting to flower at 5 weeks. "Shooting up taller" is the first sign. Good dna autos are super fun. 👍 I was Hella skeptical to try it out but I'm hooked now. Had to go get another tent just for them ❤🌱

dusty68

dusty68

Luckily for you the AG today isn't real Acapulco Gold. If it was, nobody would want to grow it.
I think that is good to hear. Sounds like you may have tried it? I can't wait to get those beans going. Will the new AG be as good as they advertised? Any idiosyncrasies with the strain I should be aware of? Thanks in advance buzz buds.

growsince79

growsince79

I think that is good to hear. Sounds like you may have tried it? I can't wait to get those beans going. Will the new AG be as good as they advertised? Any idiosyncrasies with the strain I should be aware of? Thanks in advance buzz buds.
I've grown real Acapulco Gold before. I haven't tried what they call AG today, but other farmers here like it. It's part indica and looks nothing like the 70s AG, making it easier to grow and denser buds.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Some popular strains in the 70's and 80's were Panama Red, Columbian (Columbo), Columbian Gold, Jamaican Red, Acapulco Gold, and plain Mexican brick weed which was just compressed during dry, cure, and for smuggling. The only one of those strains I see around now is Acapulco Gold from Seedsman. Bought some on Black Friday and hoping to get started after the current grows are ready for harvest.
Ian,
I had about two oz. of seeds from the early 1970s (mostly 71/72) in a large steel Peanut can with fitting plastic lid. Stored indoors in the bottom dresser drawer. They were still Viable at 17-18 years, with about a 50% germination rate. I was not growing nor smoking during this time frame, but when I tried them again in 2012 or so, none germinated out of thousands. None of them came from "exceptional" weed, though - all were from $10 Lids of Mexican pot, so no big loss. Based on this experience, I tell people that - aside from any exceptional Storage methods (which I did not take), seeds generally last "about 20 years". If someone were to use more sophisticated Storage methods (not common), they might push that "20" out a bit further....but not much.

Yes, I've heard of seeds from ancient Egyptian tombs still being viable at 3,000 years....but we're not Scientists. Just normal people.

Colabud47

Colabud47

I had about two oz. of seeds from the early 1970s (mostly 71/72) in a large steel Peanut can with fitting plastic lid. Stored indoors in the bottom dresser drawer. They were still Viable at 17-18 years, with about a 50% germination rate. I was not growing nor smoking during this time frame, but when I tried them again in 2012 or so, none germinated out of thousands. None of them came from "exceptional" weed, though - all were from $10 Lids of Mexican pot, so no big loss. Based on this experience, I tell people that - aside from any exceptional Storage methods (which I did not take), seeds generally last "about 20 years". If someone were to use more sophisticated Storage methods (not common), they might push that "20" out a bit further....but not much.

Yes, I've heard of seeds from ancient Egyptian tombs still being viable at 3,000 years....but we're not Scientists. Just normal people.

Small update. I had to travel for work a couple weeks ago and was about an hour away from my uncle so we met up halfway. He gave me a bunch of sour diesel seeds he grew and the mystery seeds. He told me more info. He gave me two different bags, one from the first grow and one from the second. That's only important to say that both are products from potentially different strains. Also he obviously doesn't know the these are grown from one strain or two different strains, or 4 different strains. His experience has been the same with the old seeds though. He will randomly sow a handful of them and sometimes some will germinate, and sometimes none will. I'm fully anticipating that the new seeds will germinate. Once my autos are done I'm going to try these. Also update on my autos, the different strains are acting different since fimming, but the consensus is a ton of buds all over. Also the yumbolt I didn't fim, still hasn't started flowering yet, while the one I did has been flowering since I posted this.

PXL 20210203 010203897
PXL 20210203 010307256
PXL 20210204 025328862
ArrEll

ArrEll

Small update. I had to travel for work a couple weeks ago and was about an hour away from my uncle so we met up halfway. He gave me a bunch of sour diesel seeds he grew and the mystery seeds. He told me more info. He gave me two different bags, one from the first grow and one from the second. That's only important to say that both are products from potentially different strains. Also he obviously doesn't know the these are grown from one strain or two different strains, or 4 different strains. His experience has been the same with the old seeds though. He will randomly sow a handful of them and sometimes some will germinate, and sometimes none will. I'm fully anticipating that the new seeds will germinate. Once my autos are done I'm going to try these. Also update on my autos, the different strains are acting different since fimming, but the consensus is a ton of buds all over. Also the yumbolt I didn't fim, still hasn't started flowering yet, while the one I did has been flowering since I posted this.
I grow Autoflowers, and though "They Say" you're not supposed to Top or Fim Autos, I always do. When I run up against a plant that suffers setbacks from it, I'll let you know. Thing is: If I Top an Auto, I do it WAY EARLY...like 2 weeks or less. Seems to shock them less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom