Fimming gone wrong.

• Thread starter Bema
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bema

Bema

It was my own fault, the lights that I can raise and lower, dropped onto two plants. Both were bent over (lst) and the weight/force broke one of the main stems. I've neatened the break with a knife and i expect she'll survive. The downside is she is an autoflower so not expecting much yield. I've taken some cuttings, again not expecting much from them either. Stiff upper lip, what!

Fimming

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seed - amnesia haze auto feminised
2. How old are your plants? 5 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? was 300mm 1ft
4. What size containers are they planted in? 22litre/5gal
5. What is your soil mix? potting mixture
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? rain water
7. What is the pH of your water? 5/6
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? 3:1:1 and seaweed liquid at the moment
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? none
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") The culprit is a Fluorescent modified T5 2ft sq ceiling units 216W per unit. 3 units for the growroom
11. How close are your lights to the plants? typically less than 6 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 15sq ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? around 20C/68f and 60%
14. What is the pH of the soil? dont know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? none.
16. How much experience do you have growing? plants lots, mj - my first grow

az2000

az2000

The downside is she is an autoflower so not expecting much yield. I've taken some cuttings, again not expecting much from them either. Stiff upper lip, what!

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") The culprit is a Fluorescent modified T5 2ft sq ceiling units 216W per unit. 3 units for the growroom
11. How close are your lights to the plants? typically less than 6 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 15sq ft

It probably would have been better to not take cuttings, and let the stricken autoflower do what it will do. Some of the best buds I've harvested were from severely stressed plants, or the most mistreated limbs of plants. You could be surprised. (And, you probably know that the cuttings won't start over like young, vegging plants. They'll remain the same age, spending some of that life developing roots instead of buds.).

It sounds like you have three 4-ft 4-tube T5HO fixtures? Do you have warm (2700k) tubes to use in flower?

Bema

Bema

Yup, I’ll change them in a week or so.
The clone cutting were taken from the top plant that broke off.
Thanks

az2000

az2000

Yup, I’ll change them in a week or so.

Will you have a mix of cool/warm? I wait until well into early lower before adding warm. One tube per 4-tube fixture. Mid flower I'll be 50/50 warm cool. At the end of flower I'll be 3 warm, 1 cool. I think they flower better under warm. But, too soon and transition can stretch more than under cool. And, even at the end, I think cool makes more UV. I like to keep one going. (I've read some people like to do all warm, and sooner.).

(It didn't even occur to me the broken off part could provide clone cuttings. It will be interesting if they produce anything.).

Bema

Bema

Attached is an old video showing the modified lights, I have three sets of four18w bulbs in each unit.
The plant labled dazy in the video, the one that now has the broken stem.

Top Bottom