Final Days

• Thread starter Kaos925
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kaos925

What would happen to a plant switched back to veg for the last few days of flowering before harvest? Seems like it would only benefit the yeild. Perfect time to add super strong sweetners and what not.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What has happened that I've seen is that they stop building bud, start popping out new leaves, bud gets less and less dense, basically it's a good way to fuck a decent grow up. No benefit to doing this, opposite IMO.

K

Kaos925

I see. Anyone ever thought about lengthening days? Creating your own schedule like 48 hours on and 48 off? Not sure the results but also seems like something that would only benefit.

D

dank_

Your suggestions are abnormal and unnatural for the plant. There may be a good reason why no one does it. But knock yourself out, maybe you'll find something.

R

ReDLuBE

i have wondered about this too, about lengthening the day cycle, why cant the plant think that the day has say 30 hours, 15 dark 15 light???

K

Kaos925

Thats what im sayin, manipulate the enviorment and trick it into longer days and nights. Sounds weird, dont have the budget to try it out, but always curious.

sky high

sky high

Folks who have been on the Farm for awhile will tell you that a light manipulation schedule such as this will >>>only<<< work if you use black lights.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see. Anyone ever thought about lengthening days? Creating your own schedule like 48 hours on and 48 off? Not sure the results but also seems like something that would only benefit.
While flowering or to help increase yield? I don't know how that would work, the plant's physiology sort of forces you to respect the 12 hour dark period of its daily photoperiod. The moment you cause the plant to stop flowering once it's begun it's going to spend a lot of time in hormonal confusion. That's when the single-, then triple-bladed leaves occur, and they'll start popping through the buds doing it that way just as surely as a light leak or broken timer will.

I'm not at all sure how it seems playing around with the plants' hormones would be beneficial. We're trying to work with them, not against them.

Here's a suggestion for you before you go off half-cocked. Look up circadian rhythms. They are deeply, deeply ingrained in everything that lives above-ground on earth.
Folks who have been on the Farm for awhile will tell you that a light manipulation schedule such as this will >>>only<<< work if you use black lights.
You made me choke and it's a good thing I wasn't drinking any coffee! :giggle

R

ReDLuBE

can you please point me towards a thread by anyone that's been on the farm awhile has started, or talked about this topic?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Honestly, I think I have to say that the best blacklight threads are probably on Rollitup.

K

Kaos925

Yea i gotcha bro. My thinking was having plants on 24 hours veg for a while then switch to 48 hours darkness then 48 hours under the light and repeat, see how the harvest varried against just a regualar 12/12

but im sure when the science is broken down, its not a very natural/good idea haha

however this black light thing interested me, just did some online searching to see how hot they got, there sell 150 watters for a few bucks. Another question, if a plant was vegged in regular light and flowered in strictly black light conditions, and i was growing a urkle or granddady, would i have amazing results?? i'd let temps get down so purple could kick in, but thats easy. wondering if the black light enhances??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you're trying to increase vegetative growth, but I don't see how breaking the 12hr dark period during flowering is going to do anything other than break flowering, which isn't the goal, at least not in my world. My suggestion is to calculate power costs associated with this whacky schedule, get it written down or graphed or whatever.

UVB (I'm pretty sure blacklights are UVA) is associated fairly closely to increased trichome production. But it's not even close to the spectrum required for flowering.

You have a lot of basic reading to do, in my opinion. Learn what PAR is (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) and how it relates to terrestrial plants. Then you'll start to get an idea of what wavelengths do what, and maybe you won't have to re-learn what's already been learned (and much of it posted here) before.

Top Bottom