Final Flush Question

• Thread starter Badwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Badwolf

Using 5 gal smart pots, soil

So when doing a final flush do you start by flushing with water 2-3X the volume of the pot and then feed only water for two weeks. Or do you only cut the nutes out for the two weeks without the drench part of the flush.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
There is soil flushing where you flush the soil with large amounts of water running through it.

Then there is a before harvest flush.
This is where you allow the plant to consume it's stores nutrients. By feeding only water for last 2 weeks.

Do you think your soil needs a rinse?
Or do you just want the plant to consume itself?

The answers can be:
•) neither
•) one of
•) or both

Do what you think works best for your specific situation.

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

I would skip the drench part. It kinda depends on your nutes I guess, if salt based then a drench to try and get that out would help, if using a non-salt based method or product I don't really see the need.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Two weeks before harvest flush with ph'd water 2-3 times volume of pot. I pour half of that in and let soak 20-30 minutes.
give water time to soak up nutes. then continue flushing.
No more nutes at this point. the plants largest leaves should start yellowing, that shows she is gathering the last of stored sugars. depending on strain, some will show colors. I lower temps and flush with cold water, to emulate fall weather.

B

Badwolf

Two weeks before harvest flush with ph'd water 2-3 times volume of pot. I pour half of that in and let soak 20-30 minutes.
give water time to soak up nutes. then continue flushing.
No more nutes at this point. the plants largest leaves should start yellowing, that shows she is gathering the last of stored sugars. depending on strain, some will show colors. I lower temps and flush with cold water, to emulate fall weather.

Interesting, I know it comes down to personal preference but some people say drench flush then water only for two weeks and others say water only for two week no drenchat the begining. I guess ill just have to try different method and see what i prefer.

B

Badwolf

Final flushing should be done with a flushing agent... You need to release the excess salts from the roots and the soil, and a flushing agent will do that for you.
..http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=....com/nutrients-supplements/final-phase-500ml/

I actually have a bottle of flawless finish though i was uncertian of how to use it, I.e follow the drections and just us FF with water during the last week or do a 14-10 flush with a drench at 2-3 times the pot volume and then use FF during the last week or a straight water 14-10day flush with no drench and then us FF during the last week.

Im certian im over thinking this, but it seems there are several differnet combinations that people suggest and of course i have cherry pick which one i deem the most logical for my grow.

ken dog

ken dog

I'm pretty much follow the directions... I use about 800 milliliters in my 50 gallon system... 1000 milliliters when it is 60 gallons.
I run it for 12 to 24 hours then dump it.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Mostly the full drench at 2 weeks before cut is to flush out as much as possible, so that the plant will use up any lingering nutes. when its used what is left in plant it will begin to show that. the leaves will yellow, eventually maybe orange and purples. At this time it will also do what I call ripening up, like fruit...
I don't understand this flushing agent stuff... The whole purpose if to rid the medium of chems in it...So why add more?
I don't trust that they say it doesn't get into plant... why risk it...?
If plain water can't remove your left over nutes... then you best rethink of what you're feeding your plant.
I believe the flushing agent is only used if you use synthetic nutrients, if your mostly organic then no need of agent.
And if he's running it 12-24 hours he is flushing hydro.
Less is more...............

Bannacis

Bannacis

So what is the flushing agent made of? that is the problem...when just water works.
Pushing all this extra stuff to use, when good ole mother nature does just fine.
If water doesn't flush it and you need a special agent...well that should tell ya something.

pacific

pacific

maybe you strip nitrates in early flush
final water would be just ph water to release salt in medium

mothhhawk

mothhhawk

@Badwolf did you decide what method to use?
Im coming up to flushing stage and have been worried about drenching my outdoor autoflower. Ive heard just feeding them plain water as normal is the way to go, but also run 12 gallons per day through my pots also.
Im Slightly confused as to what to do.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Ah, the age old Flushing thread. OMG, flush your toilets, NOT your plants. Do farmers flush their corn, tomatoes, lettuce, NO. Do they spray more shit on their gardens than most of us, YES. Last 2 weeks, just water a normal, with water only. No need to drown your plants in 2-3x pot size.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Hey Ken when should us Farmers start flushing our fields i use lots of chem agricultural nutrients and also grow GMO's product ??? since when do farmers worry about flushing ??
Flushing should be used as a last resort if you cannot figure out whats going on with your plants
usually to correct ph issues ,, and nitrogen toxicity to think that flushing last couple weeks is going to rid plant of its nutrients is absurd think about it for a second,,,, the plant is over 80 percent water to begin with
It took you what 4 months to grow it and only 2 weeks to rid the plant of its nutrients lol makes no sense ..
Starving the plant at the most crucial time out of the whole grow does this make sense ??? let plant eat up it self litterally

pacific

pacific

by just giving water to the end they eat the food that is in the medium, personally having a metalic taste to your weed is not a good thing, you want that smooth, clean sweetness.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If your getting a metallic taste, stop.over ferting your plants and or lay off the boosters and pgrs.

pacific

pacific

personal then organic and soil

?

no taper

you could test 5 crop over the year and post your results, with you own logic, opinion.
and share your results

Last edited:
B

Badwolf

@Badwolf did you decide what method to use?
Im coming up to flushing stage and have been worried about drenching my outdoor autoflower. Ive heard just feeding them plain water as normal is the way to go, but also run 12 gallons per day through my pots also.
Im Slightly confused as to what to do.

So my conclusion street talking to people here and in person about is that or doesn't matter which method you use. It's all personal preference, I'm going to flush by water only for week one then I'm going to use flawless finish in the last week. I just don't want to do a large drench flush it's too much of a hassle also cause I use a scrog and I don't have a place to drain10 gallons of water thru each plant without moving them. Since people had a good point by doing a drench flush you keep your roots wet longer depending on your medium so you don't get to add more water at regular I intervals. Point is it's personal choice, depending on your style of growing use of want for cheap, expensive,or more labor intensive methods, so as long as you flush your fine

Bannacis

Bannacis

Ah, the age old Flushing thread. OMG, flush your toilets, NOT your plants. Do farmers flush their corn, tomatoes, lettuce, NO. Do they spray more shit on their gardens than most of us, YES. Last 2 weeks, just water a normal, with water only. No need to drown your plants in 2-3x pot size.
Of course the farmers don't flush their fields, mother nature does...plus you cant compare in the ground crops with plants in pots.

Top Bottom