Final Humidity In Jar Curing

• Thread starter brownred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownred

brownred

Hello,
If you have a constant 60 RH in your jars is that good for final storage.

I guess what I’m asking is what is the correct RH in the jars and not have to burp any longer or very seldom.

Tjanks

DismalDude

DismalDude

Hello,

I guess what I’m asking is what is the correct RH in the jars and not have to burp any longer or very seldom.

Tjanks
You'll get a lot of varied info on this I believe.Personally for long term mason jar storage I use the 58% Bovedas and then forget about it.So far all is well and very nice.

Madmax

Madmax

They should b around 95% dry before you put them in jars.you would think at 60% humidity it will sweat and probably go moldy and smell abit like hay.??but ive never checked humidity like that.mine is just about near dry before it goes in jar..

Reactions: Ina
brownred

brownred

It’s been in jars now for a few weeks and I at a constant 60 RH. And doesn’t smell like hay at all.
Was just wondering is do I still need to burp or can I leave it alone with it keeping a constant 60 RH.

Last edited:
DismalDude

DismalDude

It’s been in jars now for a few weeks and I at a constant 60 RH. And doesn’t smell like hay at all.
Was just wondering is do I still need to burp or can I leave it alone with it keeping a constant 60 RH.
It's good to go.

V

vitaminG

Hello,

Tjanks
It should be fine. I go down to 62% and have no issues. Just check the buds for moisture once a month or so in case. I freeze mine after 6 months of curing.

Top Bottom