Final weeks....any tips or advice?

• Thread starter Flowerpower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Flowerpower420

Hi folks im week 7 and 2 days, (Day 43 flower) from budletts NOT 12/12,

So my girls are doing pretty well, but buds haven't bulked up as much as i wanted, im running Mimosa Evo x Orange punch from Barneys farm and i honestly cant complain. Im just not seeing these BIG colas that are well sought after and im aware that genetics and pheno types play a major role in that department. Ive got LOTS of flowers just pretry small ones. This particular strain is a 55-60 day or 8 week flower cycle, 80% of pistils have turned brown but the buds are still throwing white pistils out.
Trichs are mostly still clear with about 10-20% turning milky. No amber as of yet.

Set up....

5x5 grow tent,
4 plants in 11l pots,
70/30 coco perlite,
Manual watering 3x per day,
I topped each plant once,
LST since early veg,
6 week veg,
Lollipoped,
Defoliation,
Mills nutrient range,

Has anyone got any tips or tricks on how i can finish up these girls to get MAX size and weight?

Im running a LED gavita 1700E at a distance of 20inch from canopy.

Day temps...80-82°F
Night temps....68-72°F

RH fluctuates between
50-55%

Any tips and advice on how to finish professionally and pack size and weight would be greatly appreciated 👍

Cheers growmies,

Peace out ✌️

Final weeksany tips or advice
Final weeksany tips or advice 2
Final weeksany tips or advice 3
Final weeksany tips or advice 4
Final weeksany tips or advice 5
Final weeksany tips or advice 6
Final weeksany tips or advice 7
Final weeksany tips or advice 8
Final weeksany tips or advice 9
Final weeksany tips or advice 10
Final weeksany tips or advice 11
Last edited:
F

Flowerpower420

I correct myself its week 6 and 1 day folks not week 7.

✌️

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I agree, looks great.

Based on what I am seeing, you did the best you could with the chromosomes you started with!

I don't know if you are new to growing, but I have seen this "problem" with some new growers and their expectations. This is an over-generalization, but IMO stay away from the latest fruity whatnot fru fru whizbang crosses being put out and stick with the classics if you want solid production. At least until you get really good like budgoodman and kanzeon and trustfall and so many others here that smash it on the weird stuff. This may not apply to you tho, it is a generalization.

F

Flowerpower420

r u joking…. buds look great!
Thanks mate im still inexperienced and not sure what to expect fully. This is my first grow on my own from start to finish and im a little unsure what to expect in terms of bud size and shape. Thanks for your comment mate 👍

F

Flowerpower420

I agree, looks great.

Based on what I am seeing, you did the best you could with the chromosomes you started with!

I don't know if you are new to growing, but I have seen this "problem" with some new growers and their expectations. This is an over-generalization, but IMO stay away from the latest fruity whatnot fru fru whizbang crosses being put out and stick with the classics if you want solid production. At least until you get really good like budgoodman and kanzeon and trustfall and so many others here that smash it on the weird stuff. This may not apply to you tho, it is a generalization.
Yeah mate i am a beginner, ive been involved in 2 previous grows but this is my first run on my own from start to finish, the strain im running is a fancy fruity type from feminized seed and have been cloned. A little research in that field and i have found that cloning from fem seeds can cause a "Drift" and can cause a whole load of genetic problems. I only found this out when they where cloned and vegging.

Yeah maybe i am setting my expectations a bit high as some pics online people grow baseball bat sized colas all over and mine are staying more like golf balls. Ive just got plenty of them so im thinking im doing something seriously wrong as i cant achieve those big, fat colas you see. But like you say experience is key and that will only come with time. Thanks for your help mate 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom