Finally Growing For The First Time (canna Coco)

• Thread starter HerbHighman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HerbHighman

HerbHighman

I've since cut of the leaf which seems to be problematic. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Excuse any ignorance I may showcase in this first exhibit. I take criticism well and I'm a fast learner. Thanks for viewing.

CK cut 1
CK cut 2
Riddle Cut 2
Riddle Cut
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Good start off. Then they got hungry, looks like you might have it corrected.

I'm mostly proficient in soil.
Best of luck.
Peace

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Try feeding them around 1.2-1.4 ec or 600-700 ppm on the .5 scale. They just look a bit hungry. What ph are you feeding at? And how often are you feeding? I like to vary my feed a bit each day when I'm still hand watering. One day I will hit them with 5.7ph, next 5.8, then 5.9, and up to 6. Then back down the scale to 5.7-5.8. I like to let the cups get a little dry before watering again for the first week or so to make the roots expand. But never let it dry out completely. Do the same when you transplant, and do NOT go too big of a container to transplant into. Coco works best when you let the plant get root bound and feed daily. For instance, I'm running 1 gallon pots from the second week of veg on.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

If your going to use canna nutes you need to increase the ppm's and also your RH id to low for seedlings. Mist them at least once a day or your growth is going to slow due to the stomata closing so the plant transpires less bringing photosynthesis to a halt. And they're hungry seymour. Best of luck to you.

hermit186

hermit186

If your in coco and using canna for coco then you will need there cannazyme. Also Risotonic as a foliar spray with the riso and just water would perk them right up. They look a little wet more drain holes might help Canna lit. says to add the enzyme after 2nd or 3rd week every reservoir change and the riso is used in decreasing dose till flip and not used after that. Cannazyme is used till 3rd week of flower and stoped right before the PK 13/14 is started. Canna has some good chemistry but is a hook I use both of the two in this post. I use moab instead of pk/13/14 I use the riso as a clone spray and the first few weeks of plant life. The zyme I add to dissolve dead or dying roots is a must and you will have very good leaves with out problems. Big one with coco after you water the run off should be fast and then stop you can't leave them in a bowel or tray with the water standing it the coco for more than a few mins mine has finished draining in 10 min.
I use Jacks and mixture of what I have learnd to make here. I used to spend about 300 a month on canna with Jacks is about 9 bucks.

HerbHighman

HerbHighman

Thank you both @Mr.Xagain @hermit186 I ideally wanted to start with canna everything but it was too costly. I'll get them as I go. It was a long thought process but decided to go with the rapid start (already had gh flora kit) until I can afford the zyme and boost (which I feel I'll probably really need) but I'm working on it and hopefully I'll have them in a few days others I'll just have to run this GH. When it comes to feeding I usually water them til them they drain out the bottom well in the sink (dont want them getting too dry) then place them back in the container. At times I flood the whole container they're in for about 15 min then drain out the container. These are my first girls so I know I'll probably overthink and be overcautious a lot but I'll do my best to treat them accordingly so they can give me premium produce. Thank you all for following me on my first time and I'm learning each day so feel free to keep helping me. It's much appreciated. Cheers 420!!!!!:smoking::cool:
**************DAY 20 update************** (I plan on topping soon so don't hesitate with your thoughts)

IMG 0289
IMG 0290
Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Thank you both @Mr.Xagain @hermit186 I ideally wanted to start with canna everything but it was too costly. I'll get them as I go. It was a long thought process but decided to go with the rapid start (already had gh flora kit) until I can afford the zyme and boost (which I feel I'll probably really need) but I'm working on it and hopefully I'll have them in a few days others I'll just have to run this GH. When it comes to feeding I usually water them til them they drain out the bottom well in the sink (dont want them getting too dry) then place them back in the container. At times I flood the whole container they're in for about 15 min then drain out the container. These are my first girls so I know I'll probably overthink and be overcautious a lot but I'll do my best to treat them accordingly so they can give me premium produce. Thank you all for following me on my first time and I'm learning each day so feel free to keep helping me. It's much appreciated. Cheers 420!!!!!:smoking::cool:
**************DAY 20 update************** (I plan on topping soon so don't hesitate with your thoughts)
Over watering is practically impossible with coco, another great thing. What you do wanna maintain your tds/ppm's/ec low. GH is great, i use the flora series all through my grows. Use hygrozyme, if you can afford it switch to koolbloom liquid on when you flip gradually upping the ppm's, drop the veg. Inthe 4th week switch to koolbloom powder for 3 weeks and then flush for 1 or 2 weeks. Should be all right. Best of luck bro.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

I would transfer to a larger pot. And get a bit more light if possible. Other than that, they look great man. Nice lush veg. Looks prime to top them and start training. Best of luck to you.

HerbHighman

HerbHighman

Thanks @Mr.Xagain i just transplanted them from 24oz Dixie cups to the 1 gal pots pictured. I'll move them into their final 3gal pots within a week. Yea im having an issue with this galaxyhydro led, it was functional but now my girls have outgrown them and I need something a lot more powerful. I'm gonna throw some Agrobrite's on them as supplemental til I get my hands on a Platinum led within a week or two. I already topped them at the 5th/6th node. Should I top them again? Finally got my hands on the canna additives set so I should begin the regimen within a few days. Thanks for checking up

hermit186

hermit186

I have s suggestion you will think I am a little out there but please try this use paper cups they are wonderful and cause no root disruption when the transplant comes. Put an empty cup in the new pot fill with soil don't pack it down a loose fill and just enough packing to keep it shape. Then take the empty cup out and use a set of scissors and cut the bottom off the transplant paper cup and then cut the side your plant will slide into that hole and not bother the plants I do it to the plastic ones but paper are easer.
Old man thing but it will take the transplant shock to no shock at all. This is a must for guys who grow Auto's as they don't like root disruption at all.

HerbHighman

HerbHighman

I've had some issues keeping humidity down around or below 50% and they were put to flower two and a half weeks ago. About a week ago, I noticed what I thought was spider mites and I've began a neem regiment every 3 days. I'm due to neem tomorrow. I noticed some leaves in the bottom yellowing and dying and some have brown spots as pictured. Any suggestions and what I can or should do would be highly appreciated. I'm looking forward to getting a dehumidifier or exhaust fan within a few days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom