Finally some nice weather

• Thread starter PDX420Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

So, like the title says, the weather is finally nice. For years I've wanted to grow outside but cant due to were I live. If anyone has any current or previous outdoor (Oregon preferred but not limited to) pics, please post em. I love seeing them in the sun. Thanks -PDX

S

Sea Of Green

That's too bad. Because it grows AWESOME outdoors in the Willamette Valley. Provided you don't have a strain that takes too long to finish. You generally need to be able to get them chopped by no later than the 1st week of October. Any later than that is gonna risk getting moldy.

I've done my fair share of it in the last 20 years, and know many people who've been doing it as long or longer here in Oregon. Success has been hit-and-miss for me though. It's a challenge to find a secure place to grow some decent size plants that are worth the hassle. But it can be done. Oddly enough, I've seen more kick-ass plants grown in people's backyards in the city than in more clandestine areas.

Sadly, I have only one pic that's worth looking at. The rest are all babies of a recent crop that was stolen pre-harvest. Mainly because I haven't done much outdoor since I got my digital camera ~6 years ago. I've been too busy with my indo op. However, being fully aware of how much easier/bigger/better it grows outside, I will always have ambitions to grow my super-outdoor-crop-of-a-lifetime someday.

Sorry, I tend to be a bit loquacious at times...so back to that pic I was talking about...

This top was a clone of my Shiskaberry that I put in the ground on July 31 and harvested October 4 of 2004. It grew insanely quick, shooting to 6'+ in ~2 months. Yielded approx. 4.5 oz. Not too shabby. What was also interesting about it was the smell. It was surprisingly different than I've been able to achieve indoors with it. It smelled strongly of pure grapefruit for whatever reason. Mmmmm..I can smell it just thinking about it. Fantastic! Shiskaberry is widely known for it's distinctly berry aroma. Some have labeled it identical to a gooseberry. To me it smells/tastes just like it should. Hash and blueberries(Blueberry x Afghani).

http://i173.invalid.com/albums/w66/MrGeniusA/Outdoor.jpg

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Man, I gotta take back what I said about this weather. Seems like summer took forever to show up and once it got here... Damn. So it looks like its either gonna be hotter than sh!t or cold and gloomy. Feels like Portland has bi polar.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Summer was like a celebrity.. Arrived late and left quickly. Cant waste my plant count on outdoor with weather like ours. Too bad... My dreams of open outdoor trees are morphing into visions of outdoor guerilla gardens.. Gotta love Portland! I do and always will. -PDX

Top Bottom