Finally took the plunge and bought new lights

• Thread starter JimfromA2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JimfromA2

JimfromA2

I just purchased the Spider Farmer SF4000 for my 4x4 tent. Replacing my old burple lights. So excited! My plants just started into bloom a couple of days ago. Hoping this is as good as I have heard.

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Yes more then doubled your light output . Those old purple were not the best . Compare them to halogen . They worked good for direct under neath veg . For flowering they worked but not so well. You may get a hell of a lot more yield . You should buy a lumen meter so you know how much light your giving the plants .

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

Yes more then doubled your light output . Those old purple were not the best . Compare them to halogen . They worked good for direct under neath veg . For flowering they worked but not so well. You may get a hell of a lot more yield . You should buy a lumen meter so you know how much light your giving the plants .
Thanks, just ordered one

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

Awesome info! Thanks! Just went and took readings with my new meter. I am supposed to be at 15,000 lux for bloom and my highest reading was 3900 lux. That is not going to get it done. That is with the old Burple lights. Can't wait to get the new one.

Last edited:
JimfromA2

JimfromA2

Got them today, awesome. It is nice to see them how they really look and not purple

Top Bottom