• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Srenots

Srenots

Houser rockin the babies

Houserbabies112517

King Julien

King Julien

I used to grow with 1000W magnetic ballasts as well as with 8 bulb 4' t5s AND even further back in the day CFLs. Still got all of it and all of it still works.

I use digital ballasts and in my location now 1000 watters are just too much heat so I use 600s now instead but if anything ever goes dead I've got stuff that can replace it for as long as needed be as long as I'm willing to adjust some things.

I also keep no less than 2 extra air pumps, 2 extra swivel fans, 2 extra bulbs of each type and wattage I'm using, 1 extra digital ballast, and 1 extra inline fan on hand just in case something goes tits up. I could have my entire operation wiped out overnight by lightning and be up and running immediately.

If I ever scaled up I'd scale up my reserves as well. The way I see it that stuff won't go bad sitting in storage and you'll need it all eventually anyway. To me it's my insurance policy for something like a lightning strike or blown transformer and it only costs investing in your future grow. Win win.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I used to grow with 1000W magnetic ballasts as well as with 8 bulb 4' t5s AND even further back in the day CFLs. Still got all of it and all of it still works.

I use digital ballasts and in my location now 1000 watters are just too much heat so I use 600s now instead but if anything ever goes dead I've got stuff that can replace it for as long as needed be as long as I'm willing to adjust some things.

I also keep no less than 2 extra air pumps, 2 extra swivel fans, 2 extra bulbs of each type and wattage I'm using, 1 extra digital ballast, and 1 extra inline fan on hand just in case something goes tits up. I could have my entire operation wiped out overnight by lightning and be up and running immediately.

If I ever scaled up I'd scale up my reserves as well. The way I see it that stuff won't go bad sitting in storage and you'll need it all eventually anyway. To me it's my insurance policy for something like a lightning strike or blown transformer and it only costs investing in your future grow. Win win.
Wheni was running for production25 lights all i used was 600s they are great

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

or 2 300 LED disco lights hehe
tell ya this much ,i was at a stand still for 3 weeks in my veg,and when i got that rack built and that one 300 led light,the bitchs have grown 2in in 2 days,so i might be on something here,mama like that rack so much she wants one instead of a cabinet now for all her kitchen stuff,,the eyes to hold the light up aint worth shit,but i figure something out getto style were i can get it up higher,right now 12in over tallest plant

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

get the bell bottoms out...and big collars for the dance off hahaha
forgot platform shoes,i never could understand how folk walked in them god awful things,lmao now back then i did have hair down middle of back,still there just inside the shirt now,neck and all the other places,but i think my hid lighting burned a permant spot on top my head ,and wont grow no more,maybe a new line of nutrients maybe,hahaahh

Top Bottom