Finding a Rental home

• Thread starter iscrog4food
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I would like to relocate closer to the slopes of CO. I am thinking SUmmit or Eagle county or really anywhere I can find a remote property near the slopes. My problem is that I cannot find rental properties in these places period. Does anyone know any good websites or real estate agents that could help me out? There is nothing on craigslist and My manual searches have yeilded little to nothing. Ideally I would like a place with a barn or large out building and I am willing to drive a bit further to the slopes if I can find one. Can anyone help or maby even reccomend a town that would be good? Today I looked in Alma and Leadville and Alma is all houses for sale. Leadville is just a plain creepy town. Thanks in advance for any replies!

sky high

sky high

Vail Daily/Summit Daily online might be a resource.

LOL, re Leadville....'er...as we've called it for years, "Little Humboldt".

good luck in your search

s h

B

Buddy Flowers

start looking in a month or 2. ski season will be winding down and more houses will become available.

R

Rednick

Mountain housing sometimes is hard to fit in your ladies, so consider how much room they need. You might be looking for a place where you can put an extra shed up, or where no one will notice that shipping container painted in mountain digital camo.

Yeah, it is MUCH easier to find the kind of home you want if you are looking to BUY the property. Plus if you plan to be there for at least a few years, you might as well. Think of all the money you spend on maintenance and upgrades to houses you don't own, just so your ladies can sleep well at night.

If you credit/bank account doesn't lend to you 'buying', try maybe pulling in an 'investor' with good credit to help secure the loan. Of course they may wish to not 'know' anything, as they are simply helping you get the financing you require to own a home.

Seriously, as far as rentals go, I have never seen anything in the mountains that 'fit the bill' like homes in the Front Range.
Don't get me wrong, I grew up in the mountains, love em. But sometimes you have to live in the dirty city awhile for work reasons.

G

gettogro

summer time is the best to find a rental around here, good luck with your search

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess it will be easier to find a place in summer. I would love to buy a house but I dont have any claimable income so i suppose that is out. What a twisted world we live in!

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

You can show a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.

Are you saying that you are an "Investor"? If not then I suppose you are more saying "If your thirsty then drink." I completely agree with you and I would love to buy a house but most of my friends are broke students and networking is not the easiest thing to do in my line of work. You do have a good idea in theory but in reality it is a bit easier said then done. :anim_09:

mr. bojangles

mr. bojangles

He's saying claimable income is the least of your problem. Pretty easy to set up a dummy corp, and next thing you know that credit is lookin real good, at least as far as creditors are concerned. you can even do it with out breaking any laws, technically anyways. B safe

sky high

sky high

So, how many houses do you >own< in Ski Country, Red? Maybe he can rent one of yers where the horses are drinking?

shit walks, money talks.

iscrog.....if you decide you wanna be West of the divide/in EC shoot me a PM and let me know what yer looking for and I'll be on the alert.

happy huntin'

s h

R

Rednick

Just saying don't let a little thing like your credit keep you from moving where you want. Maybe all your friends have shitty credit, that sucks. But you know more people than just your friends. Relatives, friends of friends. Or you can go the route that Bogangles detailed.

I just never see mountain RENTALS that fit the bill. If you rent out there, you seriously need room to be able to put in a shed. 'For Sale' I see all the time in the mountains.

I love the mountains, but the urban sprawl of the frontrange makes for lots of basements.

No, I am not an investor. Just a closet hack who hated being an accountant.

Not trying to squash your fire,
just my 2 cents.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

It is not my credit that is bad it is my lack of claimable income. I have a credit score over 700 I just cannot finance anything without claimable income. I guess the route to go is to setup a dummy corp as discussed. What is the best place to begin for something like that? Is it something I could Do my self or will I need to talk to a Lawyer/ accountant? Thanks again for all the help guys, this forum ROCKS!

R

rocky high

Set up a corp? Find a decent accountant, maybe someone here can suggest one with an open mind. Start a S-Corp I would think because of a more relaxed regulations concerning pay. But I am not the expert, I just closed my corp of over a decade because of change in occupation and that is what I used.

Good place to live in the mountains...Park County around Hartsel or Fairplay......I lived for quite awhile years ago growing with a side job to look good, consistently had 75+ days a year skiing. North over Hoosier Pass to Breck or south to Monarch. There are homes to rent, I would search park county rentals.

R

Rednick

Really any good MMJ lawyer should be able to point you to the proper tax accountant to help you file all your shit Legit.
HB12-1084 put a bit a of twist on it, but that was really just trying to close loopholes for large Co-ops, IMO.
No one should give a fuck about a homegrower trying to pay taxes, least of all the IRS. They encourage it with the tax laws regarding disclosure to other agencies.

My only point about mountain homes, was that it is easier to find a 1,000 sqft unfinished basement RENTAL in the metro/frontrange area. I also find it easier to find Landlords who don't give a shit about even seeing you, as long as the rent comes in. Many times mountain homes are someone's SECOND home, and thus, just like the people who brag about upgrades to their home, you will probably be seeing more of them than you would like.

Park County? Really. I avoid that county like the plague, but I guess if you lived there, then so be it. Very 1860's out there with the Sheriff, no? I guess if you ARE one of the good ol' boys, then you got nothing to worry about.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
My worry about depositing Medical Cannabis money in the bank is that since the sale of mmj is still illegal, federally, you are opening yourself up to a money laundering charge. Shit, they charged Ed Rosenthal for three $500.00 grocery store money orders! They (FEDS) will stoop pretty low to bust your ass.

sky high

sky high

Definitely easier to find a rental home in Denver/FR.

But then...um...he's still in Denver and no closer to the mountain/mountain lifestyle.

"Location, location, location." Ya gotta pay to play one way or another.

if I hear of anything worthy I'll pass the word on, iscrog.

s h

sky high

sky high

I like Sputnik's approach of a house in each area. Double the fun!

Homes up here in Ski Country are about 1/2 the price of what they were 3 years ago.

>IF< anyone has CASH in hand...you can pretty much call the shots.

can you say "bank owned"??

good luck folks

s h

R

rocky high

Park County? Really. I avoid that county like the plague, but I guess if you lived there, then so be it. Very 1860's out there with the Sheriff, no? I guess if you ARE one of the good ol' boys, then you got nothing to worry about.

The best part about Park county was the rumors and reputation...rumors overblown and reputation no where near to what was really going on back in the day.

Was it the most corrupt local government? Well I worked skilled construction in the summer to help appearances in how I could afford to ski all winter. I saw numerous times county inspectors never get out of their truck on a new house construction inspections, just take the envelope out of the permit pouch, sign off and drive off with never setting foot in the house. And yes you did not want to cross local law enforcement.

Was I one of the good ol' boys....no. But I did not stand out. I rented a A-frame on a 6' cement foundation on about 3/4 of an acre for $900 a month. Owner never visited in years while I rented and other growers did, perfect growing situation. Rent probably the same considering mountain home value these days.

Unless there is some local jihad against growers in and around Park county I am unaware of, I still would suggest it a great place to lie low, have great access to the high country and produce. If you want to be in Summit or Pitkin county, around Crested Butte or Steamboat whatever just know you will pay more, have less options and be much more visible.

Top Bottom