Fine, I'll say it, I don't know why the hell you put holes in top of Rez, WHY!?

• Thread starter smokey_waters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokey_waters

I'm connecting my RO to a float valve on the SIDE of my Rez, toward the top. At the bottom of the Rez, I have a rez adapter that connects to the float valve in my epicenter. What's up w/ holes on the top? Wouldn't it be better to keep that bad boy air tight like lindsay lohan on a whore binge?

Thx!

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
For water to flow freely from the res you need a hole to allow air to displace the water.

F

fatganjagrower

why do you poke a hole in a beer can for a "shotgun"? same principle

S

smokestack23

I hate to admit it but I'm not even sure what an epicenter IS.
Anyway...I don't have holes in my res lids...but I have the pump cable going in under the lids so they aren't an airtight seal.

If you have moving water (for oxygenation) you want it somewhat exposed to the atmosphere so that air can get to the water...and you kind of want fresh air on your res water even without waterfalls and stuff...but you don't have to keep it open or punch a pile of holes in it as far as I'm concerned.

I have airstones in my totes though and each plant/tote gets a constant pour feed so my water is always "fluffy" anyway.

Maybe a Gore-Tex lid would be best. Lets air in but not water or anything bigger than air.
IDK...I like to keep a lid on things for the most part. I don't want anything "landing" in my res.

S

smokey_waters

Excellent! Not poke the hole in the beer though, you do that anyway, but now I see, it's why you open the tab. Cool! So if you guys could continue to explain everything to me in terms of beer, in no time I'll have this shit on lockdown.

S

smokey_waters

Now that I have two holes on the top of the lid to allow venting, what about light getting in, will this cause algae? Is there a way to cover it partially, and still allow for venting??

Top Bottom