Fined for vapin in hotel room

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
WTF.. Fairfeild inn fined us $250.00 for smoking in hotel room. We did vape, a few hits, not like a huge pot party going on, but no smoking in room, no way, gonna fight it, they say they have evidence, did smoke outside room but no way inside... Assholes...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Damn... how do they get the evidence? I've done all KINDS of toking in hotel rooms that don't allow smoking and I've never been caught, let alone dinged. Perhaps it's time to invest in a good portable air filtration unit.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

We just use the old rolled up towel on the bottom of the door, and febreeze the room before leaving each time. Works well for me.

-TF

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
They found crumbs and 1 stem photoed it and said we were somkong

putembk

putembk

I don't understand, how can they fine you. Walk away, if they ding your credit card simply stop payment. They can't prove shit, those were my stems and shake. ha, ha.

waayne

waayne

chickenman I would make them prove that the
crumbs and stem were left by you.....
If anyone had access to the room but you and
your family IE; maids etc, they can't really prove it
was you!
I would fight those dicks on this
The burden of proof is on them
I'd tell them to kiss off as it could have been their staff as well!
They are not the PoPo.....if they try to run that $250 on your CC call your Credit card company and explain the situation and they more than likely won't pay it....

S

SSHZ

Call your c.c. now and tell them you did not authorize the charge........ and stop staying in Fairfield Inns! They have no legal right to charge you anything w/o your agreeing.

beezleb878

beezleb878

I bet he did agree in small print when he signed in/paid.

Its a big money maker for them. I doubt they did much extra other than run an ozone machine in the room to clean it.

Their so called proof, is not proof of a smoking act. If they bill you, take em to judge judy.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Call your c.c. now and tell them you did not authorize the charge........ and sop staying in Fairfield Inns! They have no legal right to charge you anything w/o your agreeing.

When you sign in small print says they can fine for smoking
Evidence 800x600

Oh my god call the FBI major quanity..They may have found on floor

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I bet he did agree in small print when he signed in/paid.

Its a big money maker for them. I doubt they did much extra other than run an ozone machine in the room to clean it.

Their so called proof, is not proof of a smoking act. If they bill you, take em to judge judy.

LOL I love Judy.. IAM SPEAKING!!!!... UHHH IS NOT AN ANSWER!!! She might just agree with us....:anim_09: no evidence of smoking!!!

putembk

putembk

Was this in Colorado? Which one. Sure won't stay at a Fairfield Inn.

DeRail

DeRail

A lot of hotels are installing sensitive smoke detectors in air duct returns from each room just for this reason. think about it $250 a pop they pay for themselves on the first fine they impose.

R

RareDanknessRep

As someone who's both paid and fought this fine a half dozen times each, first let me say I'm sorry!

Now a bit of advice: so long as you stay in a place better than a shit bag, always use the free shower cap to cover the smoke detector - the #1 way to get this fine is to turn a room into the ark of the covenant full of blunt smoke. Tip 2 is to slap that ma'fuggin 'do not distrub' tag on your door handle from the moment you walk in. Tip 3 is run the shower when you blaze and if you have a bathroom vent fan, get that rockin. Of course, open the windows is a no-brainer, but not an option in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or anywhere else people might be inspired to jump to their death after blowing their life savings. That said, in Vegas, I've had the housekeeper tastefully arrange my stash/papers/grinder/broken up bud on a tray while I was out - often, if you tip everyone well, they realize it's in their best interest to keep you there and keep you happy rather than get you fucked and get the company paid.

Sounds like you're getting fucked with though - not nearly as black and white as the smoke alarm going off. You need to call them and be painfully nice; ask for the manager and tell them (remember - stay painfully nice!) that you're extremely frustrated with some of the hotel's charges. If you're in a medical marijuana state, inform them that was your medicine and you had broken it up to make medicated tea. If not, that was herbal incense until they get a GC/MS lab test that proves otherwise.

Make sure to tell them how frequently you travel and enjoy the comfort, service, and privacy that Marriott has always provided--so much so, in fact, that you've chosen a Marriott by your home to be the location for your 200-guest wedding. To be completely honest, though, you feel that this entire process has been both invasive and embarrassing and you want to make sure that this was just a one-time misunderstanding and doesn't represent a collapse of Marriott's quality.

If that don't work, go the credit card route. If you're *really* good at playing the role, it's possible to get a free room next time you travel out of the deal, but you should be satisfied with the smoking fine being removed.

Oh - and for your amusement - most I've ever paid in a smoking fine in a hotel was $500 to the Mark Hopkins International in San Fran (smoke alarm went off, they had to remove it, clean it, reinstall it, STILL went off, then they disabled the alarm for our room and we cheefed it the hell out!)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
May have vaped no more than 5 hits...

A

AlienBoyD7

vapin is not smokin... it must have been the Mota Maids... no Corpus Delicti IE: you cant be placed at the seen of the "crime"...unknowing possesion IE: no dominion and control ... legal meds Send them a Letter of Intent to File Civil Action and tell them to "Cease And Desist" along with a fuck you muthafukkers

R

RareDanknessRep

yah - overall it sounds like they really can't prove shit other than they have a picture which they claim indicates that they found some unidentified plant material in the room you had stayed in... Until it's a $250 fine for having plant material in the room, they aint got shit on you and you need to press that point

deacon1503

deacon1503

I thought the charge was mainly bc they have to "sanitize and steriliize" the room? I ran into this in Estes Park and just denied denied denied. All with a smile.

R

RareDanknessRep

Heheheh - if there was a 250 fine for "sanitizing and sterilizing" hotel rooms, you'd think they'd be a little more focused on the crazy amount of dirty ball-slappin sex that goes on all over those things!

Latest posts

Top Bottom