finishing a hermy in the basement

• Thread starter anti
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anti

I have found six hermies in my grow so far the first three i chopped and hung up but they weren't far enough to be of any use as far as I can tell its all hairs. so the next two are sitting in the basement with a standard 50w or something light bulb on them in the hopes that I can finish them out enough to at least be smokeable however there is ambient light around them for more than 12hrs theres a window and right now theirs more than 12hrs of light. so who knows whats gonna happen with those.. but now I find ANOTHER plant in my tent producing dicks and I want to move it down with the other two but if this is going to seed all future grows i need to just kill them even if it does mean loosing 4-6 ounces of bud I guess. so the question is even if I keep taking all the bananas off that I see I would think undoubtedly some will mature and pollen will be spread. these plants are in the next room to where my central air inlet is if they are gonna jizz all over my house and ruin all the plants I am going to flower soon as these are done then I need to kill but if its feasible to finish them in basement please let me know :)

j wizzle

j wizzle

wouldnt even waste the 50w on them if im honest. why risk a seeded run for some shit herb? best you can do is make hash with it.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Hermi smoke just like any other weed?
Remove the seeds an smoke it?

Grow the free fem seeds they provide.
Put em outdoor around a pond or somthing next year.
Give em to freinds for first grows.
Ive grown fem hermi seeds an not had hermi emerge.

Ps-
Many believe that Lightly Seeded bud is better quality than Sensi.
The presance of UVB makes the trics go into over drive to shield the Flowers an seeds.
Ask any old stoners if the best weed they ever got had seeds in it.
Seed dont make your weed bunk.

K

Kief Stoned

If I were you, the FIRST thing I would do is check for light leaks and/or any other source for the cause of so many hermies. That many hermies in one grow does not sound like its from a trait in the strain.. Even if they were fem seeds..It sounds like its from an enviromental factor ( IE- light leaks etc ).. That would be my MAIN concern and first priority. Not what do do with the herms. Also, check your timer really well and make sure the lights arent coming on in the middle of the dark cycle for any amount of time. GL and sry about your hermies. Its a shame and a disgrace to female plants everywhere.

S

StrikeitRich

Not trying to get off topic to much here, but is that true...? I would think seeing as how the plant isnt using energy to produce seeds it in turn creates more bud and more trics. i hear what ur saying about the protection thing, and that is true, but to say that that natural defensive mechinizm is actually strong enough to provoke that much of a response in the plant vs. just not allowing the plant to seed period is sorta hard for me to swallow...or u saying just lightly like 4 seeds in the whole plant....? Cause that is sorta Sensi in my book just with an added bonus to continue on her line. just my .02

Sorry to interupt reg. programming.

Hermi smoke just like any other weed?
Remove the seeds an smoke it?

Grow the free fem seeds they provide.
Put em outdoor around a pond or somthing next year.
Give em to freinds for first grows.
Ive grown fem hermi seeds an not had hermi emerge.

Ps-
Many believe that Lightly Seeded bud is better quality than Sensi.
The presance of UVB makes the trics go into over drive to shield the Flowers an seeds.
Ask any old stoners if the best weed they ever got had seeds in it.
Seed dont make your weed bunk.

K

Kief Stoned

If its for selling ,seeds=dramatic price droppage.. If its for smoking, who gives a shit. Just take the seeds out. IDK if its a myth or not but ive always heard that seeded weed is less potent because the plant puts energy into making seeds instead of flowers/trichs etc.. But IDK im no expert.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I smoking my HeShe dope right now and its every bit as potent as my plants that didnt herm. Not as big of buds but great smoke none the less. Pluck the boy parts and spritz with water to neutralize the pollen and finish them out. At first i freaked when my shit hermed on me but im not selling it so i dont mind the extra seeds. Best of luck. :)

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

The way I hear it the pollination changes the Plants hormones so that it will have greater trick production than the sensi Plant.

It knows it needs to protect the seeds from uvb with it's natural sunscreen.
But UVB is required an it's not produced by HPS.

K

Kief Stoned

The way hear it the pollination changes the Plants hormones so that it will have greater trick production than the sensi Plant.

It knows it needs to protect the seeds from uvb with it's natural sunscreen.
But UVB is required an it's not produced by HPS.

Thats a helluva statement lol. Im not touching that one.. I dont know enough about the issue.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I believe it's mentioned in Robert Clarke's " Marijuana botany.- an advanced study."

S

StrikeitRich

I have read that book (As best u can read something like that not really a sit down and get lost in it sorta book) and unless u know of a page and paragraph numbers to tell me to refrence all ill say is congrats on knowing the title of a book.

U r wrong. With ur statement that Seeded Plants are stronger then Non seeded plants due to this natural def mechanizm. this mechanizm does exsist and ur correct there. U can even use a ultra violet facial tanning light to do the same thing. And then u dont have the plant wasting energy on seed production.

If u can show me a document showing different please reference it with a link or atleast a page number in the book ur referencing. I will gladly pull it out my library of cannibis grow journals. Cause if u r correct I will start seeding all my plants and have even better smoke, and seeds to shoot the boot with. lol.

again my .02

Peace,
S i R

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I dont have a copy of R.Clarks Masterpiece around anymore.
Srry.

I could say the same an Demand Proof that seeds make your bud weeker.

Im not a 100% sure seeded is stronger I have no lab proof.
But the science sounds good to me.
Tricks block UVB from seeds, When Seeded the plant needs more Trics To block harmfull radiation. More tricks more THC.

Next time you find a seed in your bud, ask your self was this bud made bunk by it.
Nope, its at least equal to the unseeded bud / My grow guru says prolly better.. If grown on the presence of UVB.
Despite the black market rumors of ruining its quality.

PS
Also sensi can cause hermis.
Our plant prepares and hopes for a male, none shows up she gives up and dies, or as a survival mechanism it produces late "nanners".

johnursery

johnursery

when a plant gets pollinated it turns its energy into producing the seeds, thats what the plants goal is, thats why breeders often pollinate into the 3rd week of flowering so that the buds can get a head start so its not just little popcorn buds full of seeds...also if youve ever had to try to get realy immature seeds outta a bud theres no way its real easy to pull mature seeds out of dried/cured bud but those little f'ers that sit and hide and ruin the taste and leave me a little headache, also inhaling pollen isnt awesome either but those are just a couple reasons why herms are bad....and the plant being well well well past maturation throwing a couple nanners is way different than plants that do it durring flowering with no noticable stress issues...this is a decades old topic and it gets talked about every couple days on this board and the same "save those hermy seeds" things keep popping up? its beyond me why anyone would want to promote the use or even tolleration of herms in there grow

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I want free fem seeds.
I have grown them an not had hermis show up
Id get em up outdoor or share them or grow them.
I would not throw away 4-6 oz of bud on 6Th week flowering cause a few seeds.
Even if they are immatue you got hash makins.

K

Kief Stoned

No one said throw away the bud. But I surely would throw away the seeds. But thats just me.

S

StrikeitRich

No one said throw away the bud. But I surely would throw away the seeds. But thats just me.

Agreed.

Much better stuff round worth the time, money and anxiety involved with growing a plant to full maturation.

S

StrikeitRich

Proof of seeded bud being weaker then non seeded bud.

Okay.

First time i seeded a plant the plants name was Turtleisious, dont ask me why the girlfriend called her that. It was seeded doing a BX from a run done to find the male to use. I flowered buds that were not seeded from the same run same strain same tent everything. The buds that were seeded Where Weak bro. Seriously they where dif tasting and all around not topself, the buds grown from the same strain right next to the seeded female where 10X stronger then the seeded one.

I dont know maybe it was just this strain i guess.

And when i am talking seeded plants here im talking when u grab the bud and twist it seeds start to pop out of it. 50 plus seeds a top cola.

Why anyone that actually has grown a seeded plant and compared it to a non seeded plant of the same strain would think the seeded would get them More medicated than the non seeded is confusing me... Seriously.

If my top cola had say 2 seeds in it i wouldnt call that really even seeded. Def decreases the value of the buds, but doesnt noticably change its potency. 50+ seeds would def have a change on ur potency and taste of ur top cola bud.

I know that its not scientific, but its first hand experience talking here.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

I will do a grow log down the road when i use one of my Illegal Alien males to BX a female with or do an IllegalWiFi cross for u all. I will do like i always do and make hash from those seeded females and compare that hash to a run of hash from straight buds of a non seeded female. U will see the difference in the hash very clearly.

Peace,
S i R

K

Kief Stoned

And when i am talking seeded plants here im talking when u grab the bud and twist it seeds start to pop out of it. 50 plus seeds a top cola..

If my top cola had say 2 seeds in it i wouldnt call that really even seeded. Def decreases the value of the buds, but doesnt noticably change its potency. 50+ seeds would def have a change on ur potency and taste of ur top cola bud.

< Cosign +1

Top Bottom