Finishing in 1 gallon pots? Coco

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I was listening to a podcast recently and some growers were talking about how they all love 1 gallon pots for coco. They made it sound like they even flower in 1 gallons. These are large scale successful grows but I was thinking of switching from 2 gallon pots to 1 gallons. I'm auto feeding and planning on using straight coco this round. Good idea to make the switch?

DanC520

DanC520

I’m testing 1 gal vs 3 gal right now. 70/30 mix. 1 gals only slightly behind. I did some heavy defoil this past weekend. Back left one hardest to get at, so needs a little more. 3 gals on left, 1 gal on right.
AF92F117 9C22 480C AE94 5DA4E88DA982

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I’m testing 1 gal vs 3 gal right now. 70/30 mix. 1 gals only slightly behind. I did some heavy defoil this past weekend. Back left one hardest to get at, so needs a little more. 3 gals on left, 1 gal on right.View attachment 1218011
Very interesting and looking good! Thanks for the input. I could use less crowding in my tent so maybe I'll give it a go this run. I'm liking your results! What week are they on?

DanC520

DanC520

Very interesting and looking good! Thanks for the input. I could use less crowding in my tent so maybe I'll give it a go this run. I'm liking your results! What week are they on?
Like 17/18 days since flip. They’re clones and I didn’t veg long since mom stretched a lot. Clones were cut during the week following Xmas. So what, 7ish weeks ago?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
In my current grow i'm using 1 gal pots in coco and it's working extremely well. Obviously you will need to automate your feedings. I'm in the 4th week of flower and am feeding 9 times a day. No problems so far.

Last edited:
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Awesome, appreciate the input everyone. I'm going for it!

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Awesome, appreciate the input everyone. I'm going for it!
How’s it coming along? I’m debating on doing 1 gallon coco this run. Usually in the 3-5 gallon range but I have flowered a plant in 1 gallon coco here and there along side the 3-5 gallon. And got great results. Less media to buy and deal with so….

Top Bottom