Finishing with a funny smell????

• Thread starter Madboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Madboy

I'm growing in Promix HP using various fertilizers, first I was using Tiger Bloom, then Beastie Bloomz, now I'm only using only guano, this problem has occured with all fertilizer types, so I think I've eliminated the fertilizer as the source of the problem. Here's the problem when the plants have reached the end of their cycle they have a strong pungant smell, almost like ammonia. You can't smell the sweet sticky goodnes like you should. It effects the taste as well. It does not effect potency however. It has happened with several different strains over the last 6 months. It happens to about 75% of my harvest one or two plants will be okay, and smell and tatse normal but all the others have this strong pungant smell. I flush all plants the last two weeks and I still get this smell. This is very frustrating, I would appreciate any input that might help.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
At what point does this smell emerge? IF it's after they've dried and are curing, then I fear something may be going wrong during the cure. Otherwise, I would be looking to the strain itself, as I've grown some girls that reminded me of stuff like "onion skunk" and urine. I no longer grow those.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Yeah man if it's only after dry then it's your dry do you dry in a basement, is it damp? Before harvest if you rub a nug and smell your fingers what does it smell like?

Melvan

Melvan

I think the problem is the flush. Stop doing it. Do you know why you do it?

You do realize that the last 2 weeks, when a plant is finishing, is when it does that last bit of bulking, & secretion of additonal essential oils occurs. Why do you cut off her food during this important time? All you're doing is screwing yourself out of dankness. Feed her until the day you harvest her.

People say, "it's for the flavor". Flavor is fleeting, the buzz is what lasts.

I've grown in Pro-Mix BX, or the equivalent of, for more than 10 years and have never flushed a plant except for nute issues. I have noticed when using the seabird guano that as it breaks down it puts out a mild ammonia smell. I think the flush is causing a rapid break down of the guano, causing the odor and bad taste.

M

Madboy

It emerges while the plant is still alive during the last 2 or 3 weeks. The smell stays after being dried and cured. It's not mold or anything happening as it dries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom