Fire Alien Kush male

• Thread starter ElManiaco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ElManiaco

ElManiaco

This is the stud I'll be using for a few projects. He's very vigorous & loud in veg.
If you use big bushy males like this, what's the easiest way to collect pollen?
Fire alien kush male

Fire alien kush male 2

Fire alien kush male 3

Fire alien kush male 4

JAWS

JAWS

This is the stud I'll be using for a few projects. He's very vigorous & loud in veg.
If you use big bushy males like this, what's the easiest way to collect pollen?
View attachment 405493
View attachment 405494
View attachment 405496
View attachment 405497

if your not planing on doing an open Pollenation with him then id start removing the bigger fan leaves, at this point you can either start hand harvesting your pollen or you can just do the SHAKE tech.

to do the shake tech just lay some wax paper down and slightly lay your male over the paper and shake it until the pollen stops falling.

if your not going to use the pollen right then make sure you FULLY dry and CLEAN your pollen before storing, if you don't in two days time you will have molding pollen which is a killer.

BTW beautiful male you got there.

good luck:)

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Boy am I ecstatic you stopped by @JAWS!! Yeah I'm going to have to collect it via shake tech. I'll go ahead & trim the bigger fans to make the job a lot easier. I've got plenty of wax paper but I'm going to have to research the drying method. Don't want it to go bad:( & I think this is a special male too! I couldn't explain the amount of stench that overtakes even my flowering girls while he's vegging! Crazy! I'm trying to get ahold of Raskal over @ another forum which the admin said he would get ahold of him for me... Sweet!
Again thanks Jaws, I know u know your shit bro, peace!;)

JAWS

JAWS

Boy am I ecstatic you stopped by @JAWS!! Yeah I'm going to have to collect it via shake tech. I'll go ahead & trim the bigger fans to make the job a lot easier. I've got plenty of wax paper but I'm going to have to research the drying method. Don't want it to go bad:( & I think this is a special male too! I couldn't explain the amount of stench that overtakes even my flowering girls while he's vegging! Crazy! I'm trying to get ahold of Raskal over @ another forum which the admin said he would get ahold of him for me... Sweet!
Again thanks Jaws, I know u know your shit bro, peace!;)

if you have a cut of him and now know how he grows and performs then next time you can scale his big ass down to a more manageable size.

drying your pollen is not hard just take a little time, once you get your pollen on the wax paper DO NOT scrape it into a pile just leave it lay where it is. keep the wax paper in the dark with NO air flow to speak of for at least 12 hours. prior to leaving it lay to dry REMOVE ALL sac pieces as well as and soil or leaf let overs.

once this is done you can just round fold the wax paper and pour your pollen into what ever container you have chosen to use as a storage piece.

TWO MAIN THINGS clean and throughly dry your pollen before storage.

not a hard thing here my friend just follow common sense and you will have viable pollen in no time.

good luck:writing:

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

@JAWS so ya know how when ya move a branch lightly, ya can see some pollen fall on the leaves but only like 5%-10% of the sacs are open. Do I jus go ahead and take what I can from those open ones OR wait for over 50%, or more to harvest the pollen? Bcuz it seems like no matter what, there's gonna be some pollen coming of by themselves. I'm concerned about how much I will lose when I move the plant in order to shake & collect on wax paper. You must lose some no matter what huh? Appreciate your help bro!

JAWS

JAWS

@JAWS so ya know how when ya move a branch lightly, ya can see some pollen fall on the leaves but only like 5%-10% of the sacs are open. Do I jus go ahead and take what I can from those open ones OR wait for over 50%, or more to harvest the pollen? Bcuz it seems like no matter what, there's gonna be some pollen coming of by themselves. I'm concerned about how much I will lose when I move the plant in order to shake & collect on wax paper. You must lose some no matter what huh? Appreciate your help bro!

ya good question umm but trust me the amount of pollen your going to get from that monster will be enough to work projects for the next two years.

me personally once my boys start dropping pollen i work them every single morning until i have what i want you they finish up, 95% of the time i get plenty before there finished with there process and they get sent to the can.

if this is your first pollen collection your going to be floored at how much pollen one plant can give, it takes very little pollen to breed a plant so you will have enough from that one plant to do multiple dozens of plants over the next year or even two.

so like i said earlier proper pollen collection cleaning and storage is imperative so PLEASE take your time do your self a favor and follow my tips you wont be sorry.

peace:)

JAWS

JAWS

ohh ya i don't have to much pollen loss mainly because i keep my males fairly small so i have the ease of moving my guys around safely.

iv'e never had a male even close to the size you have in hand, now and then i get a male that just grows really fast and puts me in a bind but nothing i cant handle.

good luck:)

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Alright, sounds like ya gave me the info & confidence to approach this the right way. I know I'll make a lil mistake here or there but believe me, I'm a very quick learner & mistakes are learned from. I'm also patient & very aware of my every move. So I think I'll get this with a 80-90% success rate, if not 100%. Thanks Jaws, your advice is priceless to me. I'll keep ya posted & takes pics. Peace bro!:)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Looks good EL ! Hope you took a cut ,,,and pics so when u create a killer cross everyone will want to see what the stud looked like...Aand change your clothes before in to your ladies room .. little pollin goes along way... Fun HUH!!! plus the man came by and gave ya personal consult !

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Thanks M, & I will make sure to be pollen-free when visiting the ladies. Don't wanna have his goo getting all over the ladies, lol!;) .... This stud reeks like a smelly, sweaty, sack of .... Ummm, onions & garlic! Lmao! ..... And I know... Jaws is the man & I'm grateful to have him giving me advice like he did. Much respect!

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Alright, so I harvested enough pollen & it wasn't even half done, lol! That was a monster & a pain to harvest what I did. No pics... It was too much work but now I know how to deal with his big ass, lol! Paul Bunyan f'ing plant! So I got enuff for my needs & happy with it. Do have a cut of him just in case. Thanks again bro @JAWS !! I'm stoked for some bean making!!!
First up.....
(Chemdog D x Fire OG bx3) x FAK
Rosetta Stone f2 x FAK
Then after that...
Fire Alien Master x FAK
(Deadhead OG x Nepal Indica) x FAK
(Cherry AK47 x Gorilla Gush x Emperor Kush) x FAK
(Lavender x PPP) x FAK
All persy beans, yay! I'm sure there'll be much more!

JAWS

JAWS

Alright, so I harvested enough pollen & it wasn't even half done, lol! That was a monster & a pain to harvest what I did. No pics... It was too much work but now I know how to deal with his big ass, lol! Paul Bunyan f'ing plant! So I got enuff for my needs & happy with it. Do have a cut of him just in case. Thanks again bro @JAWS !! I'm stoked for some bean making!!!
First up.....
(Chemdog D x Fire OG bx3) x FAK
Rosetta Stone f2 x FAK
Then after that...
Fire Alien Master x FAK
(Deadhead OG x Nepal Indica) x FAK
(Cherry AK47 x Gorilla Gush x Emperor Kush) x FAK
(Lavender x PPP) x FAK
All persy beans, yay! I'm sure there'll be much more!

ya i figured he would be hard to work those big boys usually are. good thing though you got a cut so next round you can keep him smaller and still get plenty of pollen for a few projects.

also those tips i gave you were only a starting point to get you going and for your own liking you will need to ajust things to make them work better for you and your personal style.

good luck on the seeds making my friend.

peace:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom