20180916 100347

Skunk
20180916 100455

Malawi x Panama
20180916 100539

Last edited:
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Day 57 Skunk #1 was just chopped. Replaced by a beautiful Northern Lights. Malawi x Panama are blooming fast again after taking a break, LOL. The plant in the back-right, has been overfed. It is growing much slower than the other 2. Big learning curve with these Sativa's.

Day57

Day57 2

Day57 3

Northern Lights
Day57 4

Malawi x Panama
Day57 5

Malawi x Panama Biggest Cola
Day57 6

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Day 74, 2 of the plants show signs of turning, the one back left is still mostly green, with mostly white hairs.

4x4tentDay74

Malawi2and3

Malawi1

MalawiCola2

Bubblegum Automatic
BGAuto

Mazar, just beginning to flower
Mazar

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

The first Sativa plant has yielded 7.9 oz's, and it should be the lightest of the 3. Harvested another plant Tuesday, and it is heavy. Shrinking much slower. The final plant is nearly ready, and will weigh the most. I will take pics of the final plant before the chop. This has been a very interesting experience growing pure Sativa's. I will certainly be doing it again in a few months. I've learned that they can stand much higher humidity than Indica's, so will always grow them during hot weather. I will update with final weighs when the time comes as well. The buzz/stone from the first plant is happy/laughing, head high, some psychedelic effects going on, alert, clear, munchies. Reminds me of the best of the 70's.

I tried a pic with my macro lens for the first time on the plant I just chopped, didn't turn out very well. Posting it below.

I have moved on as these plants were maturing, and currently have 1 NL that haired up on me, and is going to be harvested early and as soon as I can get her to turn. A Bubblegum auto nearing chop. A Mazar in 3rd week flower, another NL that also has issues but will finish on normal time. An OG Kush starting week 2 of flower. A Green Gelato just put into flower. A White Skunk that will be ready to flower soon. And in veg, a Gorilla Bomb, a Super Sweet Tooth, and a Jack Herer. Pics of them later.

CloseUpDay78

centralcoast

centralcoast

Maybe I missed it earlier, but could you explain what your nutes and feeding schedule is for these beauties? I’m interested in learning what you’re using with the FFOF soil.

Looks great, btw. Kudos.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Maybe I missed it earlier, but could you explain what your nutes and feeding schedule is for these beauties? I’m interested in learning what you’re using with the FFOF soil.

Thank much for your kind words. I have been using Advanced Nutrients ph perfect base trio. This time I also experimented with Big Bud and Overdrive in flowering at different stages. However the nutrients were mixed weaker for Sativas than others, esp. early on. I really don't follow a schedule. I been doing this so long, it's usually easy for me to see when to add nutes, and some plants will require (or take) more than others, same strain. It's usually every other watering, but it was less on the Sativas if that helps.

Ps. Trying Megacrop free sample on a couple plants in early flowering now.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Mint grow bro weldone what was the final wiegh up??
Thanks dude. I don't know yet as that one is still standing. I just today got done jarring the 2nd one I chopped. I filled 9 jars to the brim, so they have at least an ounce each in them. That comes to right at 17 ounces for those 2 plants. Now I can better guess at the yield of the remaining plant. I'd guess 10 or 11 coming up yet from it. It's the biggest. I am amazed at the yield. The buzz just keeps getting better. It's just as physical as mental.

I am going to predict a total yield on the Malawi x Panama of 27.5 ounces. Will update when it comes in.:cool:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks dude. I don't know yet as that one is still standing. I just today got done jarring the 2nd one I chopped. I filled 9 jars to the brim, so they have at least an ounce each in them. That comes to right at 17 ounces for those 2 plants. Now I can better guess at the yield of the remaining plant. I'd guess 10 or 11 coming up yet from it. It's the biggest. I am amazed at the yield. The buzz just keeps getting better. It's just as physical as mental.

I am going to predict a total yield on the Malawi x Panama of 27.5 ounces. Will update when it comes in.:cool:

I use the quart widemouth Ball mason jars for storing. They hold two oz (up to 2.5oz for extremely dense nuggs). I use the pint widemouths, that hold an oz, when go somewhere or for small trades. I have two 1 gal kombucha jars, that hold .5lb for short term holds while trimming or storing popcorn buds.
31ikw9F4DNL AC SL1500

It's a trip that they hold those volumes so perfectly. I wish I could find 1-2gal jars with actual mason jar seal lids.

Have fun harvesting. I'm having a blast this year, all the nuggs have been fire.

Top Bottom