First 4 Plants.

• Thread starter ifuseekamy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ifuseekamy

ifuseekamy

Hello all.

I grew up in the midwest and moved out here to california. i've been putting off giving a go at growing some of california's best export. I am a daily user thanks to an almost crippling back injury from my rodeo days and i'm glad to say i haven't had to take much more than a ibuprofen. It doesn't make the pain go away but it sure makes be forget it's there.

I'm in the middle of looking for a new house so i decided to use this time to get my feet wet and explore the community here in Los Angeles. I'm going to do some learning hands on and veg out some clones until i can set up a flower room when i move.

Right now i have them in 1 liter Air-Pots under a 4 foot 4 lamp t-5 )6500k( in Happy Frog Soil.

Waterings have been me mixing like 3 gallons of water in a bucket, with 10ml molasses dissolved in warm water and sometimes azamax as a root drench. (When i first got them)

There are the 4 strains that I have and here goes....

Last edited:
ifuseekamy

ifuseekamy

I'm pretty new and always welcome some advice, feedback and insults. I'm sure the burnt leaves are something i'm doing wrong. I ordered a PH meter and i HAD used some FF and Mad farmer 1% nd may have used to much as my guess to my brown leaves are the soil + food is unneeded. Anyways, Nice to meet you all. I'll be sure to start grow thread so i can solict some more feed back and meet some more friends. =)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello all.

I grew up in the midwest and moved out here to california. i've been putting off giving a go at growing some of california's best export. I am a daily user thanks to an almost crippling back injury from my rodeo days and i'm glad to say i haven't had to take much more than a ibuprofen. It doesn't make the pain go away but it sure makes be forget it's there.

I'm in the middle of looking for a new house so i decided to use this time to get my feet wet and explore the community here in Los Angeles. I'm going to do some learning hands on and veg out some clones until i can set up a flower room when i move.

Right now i have them in 1 liter Air-Pots under a 4 foot 4 lamp t-5 )6500k( in Happy Frog Soil.

Waterings have been me mixing like 3 gallons of water in a bucket, with 10ml molasses dissolved in warm water and sometimes azamax as a root drench. (When i first got them)

There are the 4 strains that I have and here goes....
Hi, welcome to the farm. I'm curious what you did in rodeo. I've always admired a good cutting & roping horse, though I've never had the chance to ride one.

So! Yeah, those plants... they are looking pretty rough. They look fertilizer burned to me, and what's happened to all the fan leaves on that one? It looks like they've been cut off. I must recommend not to do that right now, because you're removing the plant's ability to photosynthesize if you do that and it shows.

Good luck on the house search! I can't say I miss LA much at all, but then there's this place... :o

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Are you letting the water temp drop or feeding it to them while it's still warm? soil temp from my understanding should be 65-76 so if you are feeding them water thats 90 you're probably freaking their roots out
other than that welcome to the farm

Quagmire

Quagmire

it does look like they are struggling too.. I see lots of leaf damage and pictures aren't good enough to help ya figure out if your having PH issues or bugs, but they should look a lot healthier then they are.. but, your in the right place to get assistance as there are many a good grower here willing to help us all out.. I wish ya the best, I too suffer from multiple back surgeries from a head on car accident and chronic and constant pain sucks.. I"m sure you'll get things dialed in and you have so much to learn over the next month or 2 or 3 etc etc etc.... lol

ifuseekamy

ifuseekamy

Hi, welcome to the farm. I'm curious what you did in rodeo. I've always admired a good cutting & roping horse, though I've never had the chance to ride one.

So! Yeah, those plants... they are looking pretty rough. They look fertilizer burned to me, and what's happened to all the fan leaves on that one? It looks like they've been cut off. I must recommend not to do that right now, because you're removing the plant's ability to photosynthesize if you do that and it shows.

Good luck on the house search! I can't say I miss LA much at all, but then there's this place... :eek:

Hi SeaMaiden! lil bareback bronc and team penning, dabbled in everything else.

Those plants had a lot of rough handling and long stressful car ride from SoHo which i do not live nearby at all. Whole thing happened on a whim, they happened to have them. I had taken some bad IRL advice and yeah my IRL advice from somone was to feed them after i transplanted them and a hot bag of happy frog plus the FF & MF 1% kind of nuked some of the leaves so my reaction to that taking a couple of the burnt leaves off them. Yesterday it was so nice i took their tray outside and fed them plain water slowly (flushing?). I really appreciate confirming my fear of what i did.

Thanks its such an adventure!

Are you letting the water temp drop or feeding it to them while it's still warm? soil temp from my understanding should be 65-76 so if you are feeding them water thats 90 you're probably freaking their roots out
other than that welcome to the farm

Hi Growing Grass!

Haha, Oh man. I read some threads about guys that do that at harvest with the hot water or super cold water. Crazy. With my watering i left some words out describing the process i guess. I take an old infant medication syringe and pull it back to 5mL for each gallon (so 3 pulls) and squirt it into a 2 Liter Starbucks store tea pitcher of warm tap water. I mix it up in there and then i dump that into the 5 gallon bucket of water with the air stone in it. I try to do this the day/night before i water so it can bubble a day or so so it should be around room / outside california air temp.

Should I be testing the PH of this to see if its too high since im using tap water?

it does look like they are struggling too.. I see lots of leaf damage and pictures aren't good enough to help ya figure out if your having PH issues or bugs, but they should look a lot healthier then they are.. but, your in the right place to get assistance as there are many a good grower here willing to help us all out.. I wish ya the best, I too suffer from multiple back surgeries from a head on car accident and chronic and constant pain sucks.. I"m sure you'll get things dialed in and you have so much to learn over the next month or 2 or 3 etc etc etc.... lol

I guess i have to be fair and add that the t-5 is in a closet that is on the south side of the house. We try and keep and eye on it and watch to make sure it stays under 87 but we think it varies too much through out the day. If we can since they are small we try to take them outside for the day since they are just vegging until the next property. There are fans moving air gently in the closet 24/7.

Yeah that 818 gets some light variations in the leaves the others don't. We removed ferts from the equation for now and the PH meter in on the way so i can start seeing what goes in and what is coming out soon. Do you PH down water for soil? We try to keep a clean house like most people, and we bug bombed the house before bringing the plants in and did preventative azamax root drenches and a couple Dr. Doom sprays because of some advice we read to other first timers on this site as two very helpful preventative products.

Thanks so much for the pointers. It is really exciting to be involved even on a tiny scale in this industry. I've started to read up on these 4 strains and i guess they have really cool back ground.

The Banana OG is supposed to be a legit cut from Orgnkids and be super tasty.

The OG x SD is also supposed to be a legit Orgnkids Sour OG too (Yum! )

I couldn't find much on the Art's OG other than its supposed to be a nighttime knock out and be choclately haha. Anyone else ever try this strain solo or in bulk?

I'll admit i don't know what an 818 is. I figured out the rest with google (Please correct me if i'm wrong on any of this or missing anything. ) Anyone know anything about the 818 from soho?

ifuseekamy

ifuseekamy

Thanks guys. The burn looked a little worse today. Ran clean water through them again today for a little bit. I'm gonna prepare some new soil and perlite tonight and replant them Sunday and see how that goes. I'll start a proper grow thread at some point i suppose after transplanting them.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Hey bud.. well, I know you think your helping your plants out by taking them outdoors for full sun, BUT, this may be one of your biggest problems. The plants cannot handle that big of a variation in atmosphere change. Good growers who start plants indoors with intention of putting outside to flower will tell you thru their own trial and error that this acclimation needs to be slow. Starting out with just a few hours a day in full sun then shade/partial sun giving them time to adapt.. by having yours go outdoors on nice days they are shocking.. Invest in a hygrometer, very cheap.. good ones will store the high and low temps along with humidity giving you an idea how your grow room is fluctuating.. do you have exhaust, passive air intake or anything.. are your T-5 lights inches away from your plants, usually safe with T-5 lighting getting them close to plants with no heat damage.. an oscillating fan is a must, and oscillating is important.. having constant wind blowing on one plant will cause damage until they get much older..
PH of your water.. Take a sample of your tap water, take it to your local pool supply store, I know Cali has lots of these, I"m from Vegas... pools everywhere.. anyway, they will not only test if for free but tell you ALL the other elements you have to much or too little of.. I allow my tap water to sit opened in 1gal milk jugs cleaned for at least 4 days, rotating the 2 out, this helps dissipate chlorine and other yuckies.. just a few hints my friend.. hope your getting things fixed.. peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom