First 4x2x7 Tent Grow: Need Some Help In Week 5 Flower :p

• Thread starter CAfreeNclear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CAfreeNclear

CAfreeNclear

Hey guys,

First time posting.. Please don't go too harsh on the noob here.. ;)

Growing 6 plants( Crystal kush x2, Critical kush x2, Mango kush, Kosher kush) from clones and just started week 5 of flower(See pictures at the bottom).

My problem is listed at the bottom but I thought it would be dumb to ask for help, without giving the run down of where I am at.. lol.

Grow setup : Grow tent 4x2x7 tent in a closet, using a 6'' passive intake. For outflow using 4'' inline fan connected carbon filter connected with ducting to my hood reflector for my lights and out the top of the tent. I have to small fans running on the top and bottom on the tent.
Lights : 400 watt mh/hps Apollo horticulture
Soil type : Fox farm and happy frog mixed soil (4x5gal 2x3gal pots)
Nutes : Didn't use any nutes for veg(35days), when flowering started using nutes: FF big bloom, FF tiger bloom, and beastie bloomz(Feeding every other watering with half the recommend feeding from the charts)
Water : Ph 6.5-5.8 - using arrow spring water
Temps : 67-71F lights off, 77-82F during lights on
Humidity RH%: 50-60% when lights off , 40-50% when lights on

So after all that here's the problem.. My bottom leaves are starting to die and I am very confused as to what it could be. Could this be heat issue? Bug problem? Looks like a nute problem but I'm not really sure. All these photos online are pretty hard to distinguish between what applys to me and what doesn't. Worried this will really affect my yeild.. but then again, I am hoping for the best here for my first run.

Here are some pictures.. From the top they lookin pretty good to me, but I am worried about the bottom parts(Sorry my HPS lights are on in the photos).

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Cheers! :)

First 4x2x7 tent grow need some help in week 5 flower p
First 4x2x7 tent grow need some help in week 5 flower p 2
First 4x2x7 tent grow need some help in week 5 flower p 3
First 4x2x7 tent grow need some help in week 5 flower p 4
First 4x2x7 tent grow need some help in week 5 flower p 5
First 4x2x7 tent grow need some help in week 5 flower p 6
First 4x2x7 tent grow need some help in week 5 flower p 7
iKharon

iKharon

Only one thing I can see wrong in my opinion.. you got a fuckin forest bro. Trim out that shit that doesn't get light and those plants will rage. You're wasting energy. The shit that isn't getting any light needs to get the chop

iKharon

iKharon

Prune some.. will look badass in there. Great run by the way. Everything about your grow is solid bro. Well done! :)
Happy growing and let us know when you harvest!

CAfreeNclear

CAfreeNclear

God.. I wish I had someone to tell this to me earlier.. I don't know how to trim these beasts.. lol.

I am scared to take it off anything at this stage.. It won't stress them out this late in flower? Just trim the bottom?

Thanks so much for the comments.. I really didn't know it's not supposed to look like a forest.. haha

CAfreeNclear

CAfreeNclear

Only one thing I can see wrong in my opinion.. you got a fuckin forest bro. Trim out that shit that doesn't get light and those plants will rage. You're wasting energy. The shit that isn't getting any light needs to get the chop

Hey, so when trimming this late in the game.. can I take off a whole branch with small popcorn nugs from the bottom or only leaves?

iKharon

iKharon

God.. I wish I had someone to tell this to me earlier.. I don't know how to trim these beasts.. lol.

I am scared to take it off anything at this stage.. It won't stress them out this late in flower? Just trim the bottom?

Thanks so much for the comments.. I really didn't know it's not supposed to look like a forest.. haha
Lol.. you're good bro.. that side pic where we can see them like a profile shot.. you see the light penetration?... if it were me, I'd take about 1/4 to 1/3 up the plant.. looks like about 12 to 14"... just don't cut any main branches.. everything else can go. I'll try to show you my vortex before and after 2nd topping and cuttings...first 2 pics is before. All bushy and different heights on 3 shoots.. 3 pic is bottom pruned and cuttings taken.. 4th pic is profile after topping her..just to give you an idea.. post pics when you're pruned up bro! I'm curious to see those girls

IMG 0574
IMG 0570
IMG 0577
IMG 0579
iKharon

iKharon

Hey, so when trimming this late in the game.. can I take off a whole branch with small popcorn nugs from the bottom or only leaves?
You can take those popcorn nugs if you want.. the main colas and buds in the light up in the canopy will make up for what you take down low :)

CAfreeNclear

CAfreeNclear

Oh my.. I feel like that's raping her.. but I will follow through as soon as the lights turn on. I will take some photos after so you can tell how bad of job I did.. haha:P

Thanks my friend for the advice and photos, I have a much better idea of what to do now. Next run I will trim a little better. Just didn't want to stress girls.. I am excited about them but I also know they are clones from the club. From what I have seen.. most of the genetics from the clubs are dumb-down genetics. I have some great seeds from some good breeders already poped/sprouted, and waiting to be the second run;). But either way these girls are looking good so I am crossing my fingers :P

Lol.. you're good bro.. that side pic where we can see them like a profile shot.. you see the light penetration?... if it were me, I'd take about 1/4 to 1/3 up the plant.. looks like about 12 to 14"... just don't cut any main branches.. everything else can go. I'll try to show you my vortex before and after 2nd topping and cuttings...first 2 pics is before. All bushy and different heights on 3 shoots.. 3 pic is bottom pruned and cuttings taken.. 4th pic is profile after topping her..just to give you an idea.. post pics when you're pruned up bro! I'm curious to see those girls

hermit186

hermit186

I grow in a conex. I made most of your mistakes coupla years back. You have good looking plants.
After you have brought 10 or 15 grows to harvest the bottom 1/4 of your plant will not produce anything of use.
In my case because of height and heat I have to be very careful not to over heat. In that space your flowering in you have room for 4 plants to much plant to plant and plant to wall the plant themselves no to slow growing.
You will have one or two more plants and if you had thinned that out the four would produce more weight then 5 or 6 crowed undergrown plants.
More opinions. When you thin out, right about a day two max I feed those plants with a 25% nut mix + an enzyme to dissolve the roots you just killed. The enzyme adds to the roots dissolves the dead roots and the plant soaks it up right then.
Keep your PH in line with your feeding most enzymes will affect the PH.

CAfreeNclear

CAfreeNclear

Interesting.. so basically on the next run I can trim better and maybe fit two more plants in there and cut down on heat issues as well. Even a degree of two would be great plus not having them stuffed on side walls and bunched together.

So when taking off excess leaves and small stems on the bottom will kill roots too? And giving an enzyme to the root will help dissolve it quicker. Very cool stuff, never even thought about that.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I never touch a thing past week 3, week in dire emergencies. I've had plants hermie on me in the past, and it's no fun spending all this time and money on a plant that hermies. Not saying all strains will hermie if you trim, but I always error on the side of caution.

CAfreeNclear

CAfreeNclear

I never touch a thing past week 3, week in dire emergencies. I've had plants hermie on me in the past, and it's no fun spending all this time and money on a plant that hermies. Not saying all strains will hermie if you trim, but I always error on the side of caution.

So it does stress them out a bit.. I was worried about stressing about chancing getting hermies week 5 into flower.. I wonder if the trade off is worth it...

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

All solid info you're getting. I'll add my lil tid bit. I don't chop anything a week prior to flower. That's usually when I take my clones.

And I usually chop 2x during flower. Once around days 14-16 and again around 30-34. If I took clones I only chop once in flower around days 27-34

I believe people run into problems when they chop too much at once in flower. That's why I do it twice, spaced out. I give her time to bounce back.

As stated you do this so your gals don't waste time and energy producing flowers in spots that can't mature fully by adequate light. You want your mains taking full advantage of what's available. Also to stop you from having to trim batches of popcorn buds and larf...youll see after this first grow ;) lookin good btw

CAfreeNclear

CAfreeNclear

Alright, so I will just leave them be this time around and maybe just take off some of the dead stuff tonight..

I honestly didn't want to stress them too much and since its my first grow.. I probably wouldn't be able to tell a hermie before it's already too late.. ;)

Thanks bud for the words of encouragement.. I'm worried anything I do right now is going to result in negative/positive effect that I can't predict the outcome of, because of my overall noobness here.. But hopefully after the first couple of grows this feeling should subside.. Atleast I hope :P

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

So it does stress them out a bit.. I was worried about stressing about chancing getting hermies week 5 into flower.. I wonder if the trade off is worth it...

Yeah for the critical probably isn't worth it. It's like an 8 weeker I believe. Depending on how long you flush. The kosher is a 9 weeker I'm pretty sure. That one you could probably trim a bit. Some strains pack on their weight last couple weeks.

hermit186

hermit186

If you keep growing in a tent add a bit of silic to your veg about the middle on to flip. The plant looks good a bit stretched but needs the Stem structure to be a bit heavier for inside grows. I use 1/2 strength and add to my resivor. Dose nothing to taste but makes your Stem structure heaver. In mother nature the wind dose it fans help
but are not a change for Ma nature.
Looking at what your showing in pictures you are headed for a holey shit moment.
Your close but in the near future you will all the ducks in a row.
The Nugs will need to be supported. It's a pain but has to be done They will get so big it bends the stem over and kinks it use the wood securer from grocery store duck tape but narrow strips.
With small amounts of silic you can hang street lights on them.
Most folks I would say get a book but your way down that road already.
If your going to move a weed into a tent you have to get very close to Idea Ma nature.
You might read about Sea of Green or SOG. I have used that in a 3x3 tent had 3 plants trained into the netting.
It takes a lot of watching and trimming. Per/sq/ft was my biggest grow for that amount of light.

Top Bottom