First Aid for Over Watered Plant?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Both girls in the photo are sour grape with the same feeding and watering. The foreground plant is perky the one in back droopy. The only difference may be less drainage for the plant in the background. So I'm guessing over watered. Is there any first aid to help make her happy again. I've cut back on water but no change over a week's time.

First aid for over watered plant
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Plants also droop when there underwatered, so if the soil dried out and its still drooping over a week later then it may not be overwatered because plants usually recoup quickly from over-under watering. I'm not able to view pics, but if the droopy plant is bigger then the other one that means it probably has a bigger root system so needs more water, not less. It's very hard for me to tell without looking at your pics, but it could be underwatered. just my 2 cents.

650homegrown530

650homegrown530

I agree with Lex0415, I always stick to the 70% rule that Tom Hill taught me. Your never going to be able to stay at 70% so it is a continuous balancing act. Your ladies have 2 different types of roots... Feeder roots which are staying within the top 4 inches of your soil... and you have your Tap roots which will reach down as far as they can. Bigger plants/Seeds are going to have a more developed root system and there for have deeper roots (seeds especially) so if one is a seed and the other a clone, the seed will want more water to penetrate deeper for its tap root. It looks like the front plant is doing well but looks smaller than the one in the back. If they are receiving the same amount of water then I would start watering the plant in back a little more heavily. Ive learned that if you see yellowing in the bottom leaves then your feeder roots are not staying saturated enough. If the top of the plant is droopy like the one in back it can mean that your feeder roots how ever deep are not staying saturated enough. I would stop watering the sour grape in back for one day... if it still looks droopy then i would do a heavy heavy water and see how it looks the next day, if it looks better problem solved. Outdoor watering is not easy, good luck and happy farming.

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

:eek: In my Smart Pots & Oregon Breathers all I do if I over water is set'em on a towel or something absorbent to wick out the excess water, works great for me every time, 'cause I tend to over rather than under my girls. :rolleyes: o_O
Also, I only feed my girls once a day at the same time, they are in 5 gal pots so they get 5 gal's of feed daily (plenty of run off), when flushing once a week they get 5 gal's of filtered, PH'd and loaded with molasses water.;)

:eek: Oh and are your plants located on a slope? If so then the one in the back IMHO may need more frequent watering. Does one plant receive more light each day? if so then it (the one in the back) may also be receiving less light due to it's location, so the aforementioned may be incorrect & it may need less frequent watering.:confused:

Latest posts

Top Bottom