First Attempt at growing multiple strains in the same hydro system need help!!!

• Thread starter dagosfinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dagosfinest

Good evening farmers!

Trying to grow multiple indica strains and I'm afraid I've run into some serious problems and I am baffled as to proceed to fix my babies but first some background:

Strains:
Purple platinum kush
Master kush
Lemon og

Week 5 of flower

Using house and garden nute line.

System : power grower 8 pack

Situation: I am currently in week 5 out of an 8 week cycle, and after adding nutes in the beginning of week 5 ( aqua flakes a+b, drip clean, bud xl, shooting powder, budswel, calmag and nitrogen boost as needed) it first started appearing that the lemon og's began to pray for magnesium so I added more calmag after two days it began to worsen and the leaves began to dry up and wilt the master kush also began to yellow from the middle out but I was hesitant to add more nitrogen boost since everyone is feeding off the same feed. Now on day 5 of week 5 it has gotten worse lemon og looks dead and master kush is completely yellow. The only strain that seems to be thriving is the purple platinum kush. I have begun to isolate the lemon og in separate buckets and air pumps that I am going to try a day of clear water and calmag then restart nute regime. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Much love and respect!

First attempt at growing multiple strains in the same hydro system need help
First attempt at growing multiple strains in the same hydro system need help 2
First attempt at growing multiple strains in the same hydro system need help 3
First attempt at growing multiple strains in the same hydro system need help 4
First attempt at growing multiple strains in the same hydro system need help 5
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Overfert

Go with half strength nutrients over just water

Toasted them pretty bad

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Yeah clean them out with ph water low 6 is for water I think and a few plants look like they can recover, may delay harvest a week.

D

dagosfinest

Thanks for the responses!!I actually pulled one of the lemon og's last night the worst looking one. Added clear ph water 5.6 for a day and now back to half regime going to see how that is going to work the other lemon appears like it might make it through to harvest hopefully. Still no change with yellowing in the master kush. Any suggestions how to fix that without risking the integrity of the plants that are actually going to turn a good harvest?

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Some damage will be perminent, but give them a break and in a few days should be doing better. Go easy on the nuts maybe 1/4 strength to bring them back online.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Your using great food but just adding to many boosters and stuff. Plants get their nutrients easier and faster in water so you need to cut some stuff if adding all that into the water. I would just go with the Cal-mag and A and B till they come back.

I would stop using the N boost, and Budswel. Shooting powder is a PK booster that's all you need. I would also cut the budXL to .5 g per liter.

You might want to get some Canna Rhizotonic and foliar feed, this will help save them. You want to spray the undersides of the leaves.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Why don't you give us an update, if you are still around on this site. I have a bunch of different advice. Give more info, first. How many plants, the size of your grow tent, light, temp and humidity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You have some fundamental flaws in your growing system, use of growing space, nutrient regiment, plant diagnostic skills and solutions implemented. Looks like you are trying to harvest a nice crop of algae and salt, too. You do not have any true nutrient deficiencies in what you are feeding them - you are actually jacking them up with that concoction you got going on, and when you do things like throw more Cal/Mag at them because you think they are showing you a Mg def., it only jacks them up more.

Those plants cannot, in their present state, handle any PK boosters or any other heavy nutes.

Couple week old thread, if you want to update it, let us know how it turned out, maybe some of us can get you going in the right direction for your next harvest, because this one, well, you can't fix it at this stage of life by throwing a bunch of stuff at it, a course of action that was one of the things that got you where you are at to begin with.

Being honest, not a douche, and willing to give my honest, blunt advice if you are still interested.

D

dagosfinest

Why don't you give us an update, if you are still around on this site. I have a bunch of different advice. Give more info, first. How many plants, the size of your grow tent, light, temp and humidity.

You have some fundamental flaws in your growing system, use of growing space, nutrient regiment, plant diagnostic skills and solutions implemented. Looks like you are trying to harvest a nice crop of algae and salt, too. You do not have any true nutrient deficiencies in what you are feeding them - you are actually jacking them up with that concoction you got going on, and when you do things like throw more Cal/Mag at them because you think they are showing you a Mg def., it only jacks them up more.

Those plants cannot, in their present state, handle any PK boosters or any other heavy nutes.

Couple week old thread, if you want to update it, let us know how it turned out, maybe some of us can get you going in the right direction for your next harvest, because this one, well, you can't fix it at this stage of life by throwing a bunch of stuff at it, a course of action that was one of the things that got you where you are at to begin with.

Being honest, not a douche, and willing to give my honest, blunt advice if you are still interested.[/quote Sorry for not updating recently. I ended up pulling the lemon og's early as well as 1 of the master kush. The other master kush and purple platinum kush are going to finish looks like I will attach some pics shortly. Being that this was my first hydro grow I think I bit off more than I can chew. Already have a next run tstarted only doing soil this time though soil is a lot more forgiving. Here are pics of the master kush and purple platinum kush both are about 4 days from flushing. I appreciate everyones advice. Not offended at all if you have been doing this longer I respect what you have to say. I do have an algae problem which I have been trying to correct but it's an up hill battle.

IMAG0339
IMG 20131028 224152
IMAG0339
IMG 20131028 224152
IMAG0342
IMAG0355

D

dagosfinest

Sorry for not updating recently. I ended up pulling the lemon og's early as well as 1 of the master kush. The other master kush and purple platinum kush are going to finish looks like I will attach some pics shortly. Being that this was my first hydro grow I think I bit off more than I can chew. Already have a next run tstarted only doing soil this time though soil is a lot more forgiving. Here are pics of the master kush and purple platinum kush both are about 4 days from flushing. I appreciate everyones advice. Not offended at all if you have been doing this longer I respect what you have to say. I do have an algae problem which I have been trying to correct but it's an up hill battle.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I think I bit off more than I can chew.

Don't look at it that way. Hydro is way easier than people like to make it. There is also a bunch of incorrect information about it out there and satellite grow systems, like yours, that are designed to farm money out of your pocket more than they are to farm Sweet Lady Jane out of your grow tent.

Hydro is more precise and things happen faster, both good and bad. I would suggest next time, just doing a normal Ebb & Flow, not a satellite system. The only satellite system I will run is RDWC, and only then if it is a vertically lit room.

Keep reading, and growing. And then don't be nervous about trying hydro again. A square E&F tray would fill a horizontal light footprint well. If you go that route in the future, PM me your grow tent size, light size and plant count you can deal with and I'll give you a super easy nutrient regime that will give you a relatively good harvest your first time around, if you follow it, and walk you through all you need to do to avoid posting in this, or any other Infirmary forum.

Now, whether I'll be around this site to get that PM, well, who knows.

Top Bottom