• Thread starter Tacoforme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tacoforme

Tacoforme

First attempt at mainline  manifold

Junk

Junk

You have the right idea. Forgive me if this sounds below your knowledge level.

Did you cut off the wrong piece on the right side? See that large bunch on the left...between the fan leaf stem, and the main stalk, when you cut the center tip off, those will grow out, so instead of one main top, you have two, or 4, or 8.

It looks like someone accidentally took off the important part, and left the fan leaf instead. Or, you could just have a weirdo plant...that happens. If you did that...don't feel silly. The first time I did it, I royally messed it up.

If you would like, wait a bit for some more growth tips to emerge, then take a clone/cut and start over.

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

Ty i only cut the top the other side rotted away for some reason .

Junk

Junk

Ty i only cut the top the other side rotted away for some reason .
You can either treat that single growth tip as the new "top", and start mainlining from there, or, cut off that growth tip to clone it and start over. But if the clone fails, you would be sol.

If I were in your shoes, I'd let what you have grow out a little so that you have more growing tips on it. Then take a cut and clone it, and start fresh. But the original will still have growing tips on it, just in case your clone fails.

xenon730

xenon730

Ty i pinched off top of new growth now i will have two pipes on v8 Manifold
i feel like you probably did sort of the same thing. you have cut the top at a point with two nodes with growth shoots started on it below that and those TWO will become the two "pipes".

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

Yes just got delayed on first pinch no second pinch is doing good . Symmetrical i dont really care just tying to get a main hub idea working .

embaks

embaks

If it just rotted away it was exposed to air, you nicked in the process of topping, which is a common mistake, I wait till there is enough space to have plenty of room in-between nodes,

how ever. the plant is still grow able, that will just become the new top, as someone mentioned wait till you get some decent structure going then cut a clone and restart. id still keep this plant until you have rooted clones don't clip one and kill it.

Junk

Junk

If it just rotted away it was exposed to air, you nicked in the process of topping, which is a common mistake, I wait till there is enough space to have plenty of room in-between nodes,

how ever. the plant is still grow able, that will just become the new top, as someone mentioned wait till you get some decent structure going then cut a clone and restart. id still keep this plant until you have rooted clones don't clip one and kill it.
That's what I would do as well. Because of the position in the cup the roots on that one are going to be a little funky even if you repot it.

Top Bottom