First Auto Flower Grow

• Thread starter bevin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bevin

bevin

So I'm on a short time constraint before I leave Colorado again. I am tryingbsome auto flowers. B I have 2 jack herer and 4 ak47's going. I usually grow regular plants but I am gonna try this out. And if it works I'm sold. I'll do auto flowers again. If not then back to the good old 4/5 month grow. I make my own soil and am about to put my plants under the 600 watt to get things movin along. Any way any comments questions let me know I'm always down to meet new and old growers.

First auto flower grow
First auto flower grow 2
str8smokn

str8smokn

Where are the beans from?they like to be started in pot they will finish in, preferably 3gallon or bigger. I grew a Paradise seeds Auto Vertigo in a 17" pot and got 86grs from her.ive got a auto Wappa and Auto whiteberry going now waiting for the day light hrs to get longer so I can move em outdoors..check out my signature.oh and good luck on your grow I'm in for the grow.
STR8

bevin

bevin

I ordered from true northern. The aks are canuc seeds and I can't remember the jacks. Out of 5 jacks I got 2 I'm gonna order from someone different next time I had some issues with them. Crushed seeds wrong seed order. I also had a 5 pack mix none of them popped. I hate wasting money on seeds that don't pop

bevin

bevin

Also 2 are in 3 gal pots and the other 4 will be transplanted this weekend maybe a couple to 5 gal pots then a couple outdoors in my hoop house

str8smokn

str8smokn

Sucks to hear about fucked up orders.I haven't had to order yet,got mine while on vac in Amsterdam.
Yeah as soon as day light gets longer than 14 hrs they will be moved.
wappa is at bottom and whiteberry is a top,with fortune cookies in solo cups.. And a scotch bonnet,and a scorpion pepper..

bevin

bevin

Here is an update. My jack herer are getting a little bigger but real short. All the ak47 are lookin good. And I have two beach bums hang in in the middle. Not a lot of vertical growth going on maybe that's just the way auto flowers are.

IMG 20150505 220508
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

I ordered from true northern. The aks are canuc seeds and I can't remember the jacks. Out of 5 jacks I got 2 I'm gonna order from someone different next time I had some issues with them. Crushed seeds wrong seed order. I also had a 5 pack mix none of them popped. I hate wasting money on seeds that don't pop

With auto fems everyone should pop it's what u pay for try seeds Netherland . Nl or Amsterdam seeds I have 100% pop ratio .

bevin

bevin

Yeah i knoe it i paid good money for those seeds had nothing but problems with tru northern. Seed order was messed up then i recieved a couple crushed seeds. I calles back asked for wgite qidow auto that i paid for and thwy sent me the wrong thing again. I wont purchase from them again

bevin

bevin

Up date. I transplanted my aks into bigger pots also trans planted the Beach bums. Jack herers are getting bigger I watered last night at full strength with my nector of the gods. Every thing is going great so far. Should see more growth out of the aks now

Toaster79

Toaster79

A reminder for you. With autos you want to start them in their final pots. Try to stress plants as little as possible since every little mistake in their short life cycle will affect yield.

Good luck and positive vibes!

bevin

bevin

My girls are getting bigger. And in pretty sure one of them is a male. They were all supposed to be feminized auto

IMG 20150604 203004
str8smokn

str8smokn

Hell yeah my dude,they look good.i can see the love.can we see separated pics of each?
STR8

Toaster79

Toaster79

Looking good although the front left shorter bushy plant is suffering nitrogen intoxication. Flush her and back of with the nutes a bit or she'll choke on the food.

If you find a male in there you could make some of your own beans ;)

Keep it green!

Quagmire

Quagmire

Nice to see another growing looking into the Auto's.. once you get them dialed in they truly are a wonderful thing harvesting every 70 days.. The worst thing you can do though is start them in the small solo cups.. it stunts the tap root and they just never recover.. Now I know people say to start them in the pot they'll finish in but I find this to not necessarily be true for me.. I don't care to waste soil and time, I start mine in 1gal pots because when your starting 12-15 plants it's difficult to start them all in larger pots.. I use 1gal nursery pots until they show sex, some show in 7 days some in 21.. the longer they take to show sex the larger the plant is my rule of thumb... so if I get a lot of females I keep the ones that take longest to show, especially when making more seeds.
Once they show sex, right into 3gal pots and within 2wks they've almost tripled in size.. but please stay away from the solo cups.. Auto's just don't like them.. I wish you the best of luck man.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Another thing is feeding.. don't give them a darn thing the first 2wks, then half strength to start out.. MJ plants have foods stored within themselves to start off and most need nothing and will actually grow better.. maybe just a rooting hormone, I start off with Root66 but I highly recommend Espoma Plant Starter Plus 4-3-3 NPK.. you simply mix the granule in with the soil and water.. Feeding to much too soon will stunt your plants and they will have a very hard time recovering and turn you off of autos... and we don't want that.. I average 2oz per plant under a simple 400w hps light ... luck

Quagmire

Quagmire

I did want to say though your plants are looking pretty darn good.. the one very tall plant in middle left, try a F.I.M. trim cut on the top of her and you'll be amazed at just how she start filling out in a few weeks or sooner.. you simply gather up the top leaf growth in one hand & then cut it all in half.. it will slow down upward growth and the lower shoots will fill out.. I found out Auto's just love this about 2wks after flowering starts.. keep up the fine work

Latest posts

Top Bottom