First Butane extraction

• Thread starter robz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robz

Well I did the 5.99 baster option for my first run with the oil. It turned out good but man is it sticky! Is it supposed to be so sticky? I've never even smoked oil. How nuch do you all reccomend? And what's the best storage for this sticky goo? I just scraped it off my finger back onto the blade and plan on leaving it out to dry.

Butane 007
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

yup that's the stuff- super glue x mozzarella...
nice work. it's most convenient to smoke the bho on top of buds.. easiest to take a straightened paper clip and get a small glob of goo on the end. using a lighter, heat the middle of the clip. As the heat travels to the end, the goo will roll right off the paper clip and on top of a fresh bowl. Use flame sparingly when igniting the oil; you don't want it to flame up. It should bubble and melt into the buds and knock your socks off. Enjoy!

I use pyrex containers with plastic lids for storage; don't use anything too small or you'll never get it all out to use. :) Peace

G

Green Supreme

Sounds like a further purge is necessary. Maybe look through Hashmastakuts info for the how toos. Peace GS

R

robz

Sounds like a further purge is necessary. Maybe look through Hashmastakuts info for the how toos. Peace GS

I was going to smear it out one more time on the pyrex and heat it up. What you all think? That is how to purge it yes?

G

Green Supreme

I would put it in a glass pan, then put that pan in a frying pan 1/2 filled with water. Warm the water as warm as you can hold you finger in. Scrape the oil into a pile and whip the pile{I used a glass rod but any metal probe would work}. Exposing as much surface to the air as possible. It will turn hard enough to handle by hand. I am not sure if this is the method currently used. It's just how I did it in the past, when I made it. Good luck. I still recommend checkin with hmk. Peace GS

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
I would double boil it again in the glass with very low heat. (i.e. 120-130 F) I would spread it out a little and let it sit at that heat for at least 2hours I like 4. And always keep your eye on it so it doesn't get to hot. That's not to good for flavor and potency.

I do a couple torch licks over the oil to pop bubbles. I do not whip my oil. What I do is after the dbl boil I take the oil and scrape it up and put it into a small container with a razor. I then take the small container and put that on top off my home theater receiver box with it's top open. (a cable tv box will work too.) I make a little cover of tin foil that loosely "domes" around the container with the oil in it. That will allow the oil to get fresh air and it will hold some of the heat on the top of the oil to allow the top to keep a soft viscosity; all that lets almost every scrape of butane to be purged.

The temp on top of my HT box is like 97 degrees F which is perfect for a longer slow purge. I like to leave it there for about a full day and every 6 hrs or so I take it off and use a paper clip to gently displace the oil from the edge of the small container and drag the clip across the middle of the oil to break up the bubbles that will form. After a day or sooner you will have oil that much much less sticky, more like play doh. It will burn taste and effect you better.

I friggin love Oil. :bongsmi:

G

Green Supreme

If only the outside is exposed to air how does the butane on the inside escape? Always wondered. Same with water extracted hash, if only the outside is exposed to air, how does the inside dry? Peace GS

JH420

JH420

If only the outside is exposed to air how does the butane on the inside escape? Always wondered. Same with water extracted hash, if only the outside is exposed to air, how does the inside dry? Peace GS

I think the any trapped butane rises to the top while purging, and then just give em a little touch of the torch.

Robz have you read HMK's tutorial? A lifesaver if ya aks me...

Top Bottom