first cfl grow. need help with wattage

• Thread starter greenstreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenstreet

hello this is my first grow with cfls and im very confused about the wattage. im only growing one plant from seed in a gh waterfarm do to very limited space. ive heard that the rule of thumb with cfls is 100 watts per plant but i only have two 23 watt cfls but they say they are equivelant to 100 watts each. do i have enough lighting? this is only my second grow so any advice would be much appreciated. thank you!!

P

Producer

Ya you'll have enough bro!
Dont worry about it.
You could also get some reflectors to help a bit though if you are worried.
But you should be good.
Upload some pics too bro ;)
Everybody loves pics.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Start with one or two then as it grows you can add more but you might need quite a few if the plant gets bushy. I would say that 4 or five would be good for one plant. You know you can also get higher wattage CFLs. I have some 68w CFLs, they're equivalent to 300w with about 3900 lumens. They're also about 10 inches long and 5 inches wide ($15 at home depot), two of those would work. :bong-hits:

G

greenstreet

i definitely will upload some pics as soon as i get it setup. thanks for help man. and i got the reflectors covered but thanks. i have one for each bulb.

G

greenstreet

Start with one or two then as it grows you can add more but you might need quite a few if the plant gets bushy. I would say that 4 or five would be good for one plant. You know you can also get higher wattage CFLs. I have some 68w CFLs, they're equivalent to 300w with about 3900 lumens. They're also about 10 inches long and 5 inches wide ($15 at home depot), two of those would work. :bong-hits:

yeah i see what youre sayin but i cant run up the electric bill too much because i dont pay my own, so it cant be noticeably higher. i also live in orange county so the electric is expensive.

G

grnmountainboy

i use 2 ft. t5's they use 23 watts each and give off 2000 lumens each. also they are 6500k. they can also be switched with 3000k red bulbs for flowering. t5's (technically a cfl btw) are the way to go if you want the most bang for your buck.

Top Bottom