S

slow06gto

4x4 closet space
Grobal 315w ballast
315w Philips Elite Agro bulb
Rock Nutrients
Tupur
No Co2

This is my first grow with the guidance of some friends...The plant is Golden Goat grown in smart pots (in a 20gal now) with Rock nutrients...I work in the industry and was given the CDL bulb and Grobal 315w ballast by close friends and owners of Grobal...From what I have seen so far I'm really happy with this setup...Feel free to comment...Enjoy!!!

1st week is picture one...The rest of the weeks follow with 2 pictures for each week give or take a few days

First closet grow 315w cdl
First closet grow 315w cdl 2
First closet grow 315w cdl 3
First closet grow 315w cdl 4
First closet grow 315w cdl 5
First closet grow 315w cdl 6
First closet grow 315w cdl 7
First closet grow 315w cdl 8
First closet grow 315w cdl 9
First closet grow 315w cdl 10
First closet grow 315w cdl 11

Coir

Coir

I am now a huge fan of these 315W CMH bulbs. I have been testing one for the last few months and am amazed at the results. Looks like you are seeing the same thing as I am. Incredible growth for such a low wattage bulb.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Wowza ur first grow? Gonna have to research these bulbs...

Nice gto

Swany

Swany

Hey GTO - You say you know the owners of the company that sells the ballasts. I am starting a Recreational grow op up here in WA and am looking for 72 of these lights. Can you connect me with somebody at the company or do I just need to call them up like any Joe Customer..? Not that I'm any different than any Joe Forum Poster to you but it doesn't hurt to ask ;-} It's expensive to set up a 1600 sq ft operation!

Swany

Swany

Sure look like they're the ticket. Problem is getting the number I need to fit into my budget. Other companies want $500 each for the Phylips 315W setup. I'm hoping this would be less...

Coir

Coir

Sure look like they're the ticket. Problem is getting the number I need to fit into my budget. Other companies want $500 each for the Phylips 315W setup. I'm hoping this would be less...

If you are mechanically inclined, you can actually buy all the components and put them together yourself at a great savings. They won't be the nice little self contained units like Sunlight Supply has but they will cost a lot less. There are some 330W CMH bulbs that run off a 400W MH ballast that will give the same light output and spectrum as the 315W bulbs.

Swany

Swany

There are some 330W CMH bulbs that run off a 400W MH ballast that will give the same light output and spectrum as the 315W bulbs.
I am mechanicaly inclined, I just can't spell ;-} It seems like all the fancy units (sunlight, bolder light, etc) use the same 315w bulb so I was a bit focused on that. If you have a part number for the 330w I would love to know it, or I'll just start searching PAR graphs. Another ?, do you mean 400 MH magnetic ballasts? I would love to stay away from those, but finding low frequency electronic ballasts is not easy either.

Swany

Swany

thanks for the info Coir and Dennis. The primary owner vetoed the idea of starting out with an 'unknown' lamp config. I guess I can't argue, seeing as how we are going to drop both of our savings into getting this business started and we need to reduce risks. I will be running an experiment though and hopefully swapping over at some point soon.

urbanfog

urbanfog

love my 330 cmh, runs off my 400 mag ballast and is used for all my vegging plants! Looks great my friend

Grobility

Grobility

GTO where you at?

We have been using and testing these 315w CMH bulbs for about 8 months and although we offer every piece of equipment for your facility, these take the cake (right next to water cooled HVAC of course). As an experienced cultivator it has been very easy to see the superior results of this lamp compared to conventional HIDs. The test results with a quality par meter, a spectrometer, a uva and uvb reader are also greater then HPS, MH or even LEDs.

These bulbs operate off of a low frequency electronic ballast. High frequency ballast can crack the ceramic disk in the bulb. Philips produces only one bulb that is designed for horticulture. There are many bulbs that resemble this bulb but the elite agro is the only one with the proper color spectrum and UVA. The other bulbs do not even come close to comparing and if you are to use the wrong bulb you WILL be turned off of using these lamps.

Tests on the other wattage CMHs do not compare either. According to our par reader, only digital 1000w ballasts put out more par (although there are LEDs that can compare as far are par goes). It is all about light spread though and we know that we can achieve better spread of light with multi points. That being said, two of these will out perform one 1000w digital without a problem.

There are many companies out there selling any bulb they can find and it is hurting the reputation of this bulb. For example, the infamous 860w CMH (also referred to as the 900w CMH). This lamps output is almost entirely in the green spectrum, useless for horticulture. These are just all commercial lighting bulbs, including all the other 315w. Philips has developed a bulb strictly for horticulture and this multi billion dollar company proclaims that in the description of their bulb. http://www.usa.ecat.lighting.philip...cdm-t-elite-med-wattage-agro/928601172201_na/ Product #415216

So, back to GTO's closet. His final weight was 260g. As we see, there was a lot more space for him to work with and he will be putting 4 plants that are near the size of this plant in the same space. So he harvested over .82 grams per watt. That is over 1.84 lbs per 1000w. No CO2 and many sqft of canopy not being used. Not bad for a first grow, can't wait to see what he pulls from his closet this time.

We have run many side by sides on commercial levels with incredible results. With both HPS, MH and many LEDs. Both yield and resin content are much higher with these 315w lamps. Every commercial or residential grower that we have introduced to these lights falsl in love with them. We are so sure that these are the best lighting systems that we are currently working out a money back guarantee for commercial facilities that are already up and running but looking for a better option over HPS.

We just got the hood we designed UL listed and we should have them within the month. Our whole package including hood, bulb, ballast, adapter, and a 240v 8" (120v available) cord is only $350! We are currently selling a package without the hood for $280. Ballast has a two year warranty and bulb has a one year warranty.

S

slow06gto

Hey GTO - You say you know the owners of the company that sells the ballasts. I am starting a Recreational grow op up here in WA and am looking for 72 of these lights. Can you connect me with somebody at the company or do I just need to call them up like any Joe Customer..? Not that I'm any different than any Joe Forum Poster to you but it doesn't hurt to ask ;-} It's expensive to set up a 1600 sq ft operation!
So sorry for the delay man...Apparently I've been slackin...HaHa I posted the same thread on Grasscity and nobody commented so I didnt even think to check progress on here...All the info you want to know is in the post above...That's the man you wanna talk to when it comes to CDL's...Hit him up for any questions...Thanks man and sorry it took so long

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Reeeeally interested in checking out CDL / CMDs myself - How did this end up working out for you? Do you still grow with it? Does anyone have a recommendation for a SAFE UL-listed ballast that operates at 110V / standard household current? Thanks!

S

slow06gto

Reeeeally interested in checking out CDL / CMDs myself - How did this end up working out for you? Do you still grow with it? Does anyone have a recommendation for a SAFE UL-listed ballast that operates at 110V / standard household current? Thanks!
Still run them and will never stop...I'm actually a sales rep for Grobal Distributors...Hit me up and [email protected] and I can send you tons of info

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I've also been testing a similar bulb. Mine is the Phillips 860w CMH. Its a retrofit for the mogul socket that runs off a 1000w MH ballast. I only use solid state ballasts anyways as the electronic ones are prone to failure at which point they go in the trash. A solid state gets the soldering iron, or, at worst, a trip to the metal recyclers.
What I've noticed so far is that primarily, the 860w CMH bulb degrades as a slower rate than the old 1000w HPS eye hortilux that I had been using. That is a big deal to me as you get more life at a higher intensity as opposed to a more rapid degradation of power.
They seem a bit hotter, but they have a much more full spectrum, and I dont exactly use a thermometer anymore. I can feel if its hot or cold in there... I know what they like.
I've also noticed a bit more frost and slightly tighter internode spacing, but the buds cannot get as close to the lightbulb as I'm accustomed to.. reinforcing my belief that they are hotter.

I got some more CMH bulbs for when this one goes out.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

do these lamps run on a standard high frequency electronic ballast? has anyone run them on a dimmable ballast turned down to the 400w setting? That would certainly be an inexpensive way to test them, just plug them into my current setup and move the lamps a little closer.

The 315W CDLs only run on low frequency 220v electronic ballasts specially designed for them.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Please check this one

Thanks for the headsup! Those look like the Welthink ballasts which have, as far as I can tell, horrendous reviews. I decided to go with a standard Phillips 220V ballast + a step down transformer. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom