First coco/flood run coming up, few questions

• Thread starter click80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
click80

click80

First off what kind of coco would be best for grow bags? I plan on doing SOG so another question is what size grow bags or would square pots do better?

Does the coco need to be rinsed and ph'd? What is best method?

I will be cloning in RRooters, and I don't have much space, for the few days I am going to veg should I go into 4x4 rockwool then into the growbags?

I have gone through the threads but couldnt really find anything that was in depth describing a coco in flood table grow, if someone could help i would appreciate it...

I was planning on Pureblend pro or CNS17 and thoughts?

homebrew420

homebrew420

Greyskull was doing a coco ebb and flow. Dont't know the details though. I would think that 1 gal should be good enough, always precharge my coco with cal mag and pHed water. Keep in mind this is a hydro grow, pH around 5.8-6. Botanicare makes a good product that is pretty stable. Skip the rockwool all together. flooding the bags will keep it very saturated and roots will grow out to fill the space. Hope this helps.
I too will be doing one of these here Real soon.

Peace

click80

click80

Greyskull was doing a coco ebb and flow. Dont't know the details though. I would think that 1 gal should be good enough, always precharge my coco with cal mag and pHed water. Keep in mind this is a hydro grow, pH around 5.8-6. Botanicare makes a good product that is pretty stable. Skip the rockwool all together. flooding the bags will keep it very saturated and roots will grow out to fill the space. Hope this helps.
I too will be doing one of these here Real soon.

Peace

Thanks man, I have had to change my mind for the second...I don't really have enough room to veg in on gallon grow bags...I could for the first table but then my room would be on 12/12 and i dont have enough room in my veg room for sure, since I have 3 more tables that presents a problem...If i was not so scared of running into a conflict between the rockwool and the coco I would just veg in 4x4 rwool blocks and then transfer but i am a little leary of that...plus I have to get things going, i am kinda behind and running low on what i am holding for my patients...

I am going to experiment with this soon enough but for now i am going to copy what DS did in a thread titled New Room...which is nothing groundbreaking, it is Rockwool cubes on slabs, but then the slabs are on top of a lighting diffuser panel or cloning tray inserts. i think this is kinda cool and will maximize root growth...plus I will be looking at his nute regimen, for now i will be using Botanicare probably, but i do want to get a little more flexible and give one of the Gen Hydro nute regimens a go...

thanks for the response I will definitely keep this in mind

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
CNS17. Using it right now on tables with coco and its tits for sure.

click80

click80

CNS17. Using it right now on tables with coco and its tits for sure.

hey how did u veg? rockwool? thats where one big problem is, but this morning i was thinking about net pots and hydroton in plastic trays...eventually anyway, I am still going to have to get started with rwool and the slabs for now, but yeah i was going to look at the CNS 17...what is the CNS17 claim to fame over the PureBlendPro for instance...

and thanks to both of you for the responses

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Im in coco. They have a hydro formula also I think. Cleaner and cheaper. Has lots of calmg in it. Havent even opened my bottle on calmg this round.

1 gal bottle has lasted me about a month with 2 40 gal res and 1 20 gal. at 25 bucks you cant go wrong. Using CNS17 and sm90 thats it.

I'm pretty well versed in PBP and I'm gonna say I think I like these nutes a little better. Just seem to be a little healthier.

click80

click80

Im in coco. They have a hydro formula also I think. Cleaner and cheaper. Has lots of calmg in it. Havent even opened my bottle on calmg this round.

1 gal bottle has lasted me about a month with 2 40 gal res and 1 20 gal. at 25 bucks you cant go wrong. Using CNS17 and sm90 thats it.

I'm pretty well versed in PBP and I'm gonna say I think I like these nutes a little better. Just seem to be a little healthier.

okay...thanks man that really helps. I must be a dolt or something but everytime i try to find something specific on here I never can...I am not complaning this is by far the best forum, its just me..plus i get migraines if i am on the computer too long...

Anyway, yeah thats really good information...now see that is another question i think you may can answer, are you using bennies? I just started using SM90 on my last run of Deathstar in Sure to Grow and liked it. I am wondering about using the sns217 with the hydroplex and the Aquashield? I have not researched it yet but i have heard good things about the aquashield and using that with great white in veg and beginning of flower...

I have been using Technaflora but want to get away from it.. nothing bad about it but i just want to be more in control of my nutes...

Plus i just have heard great things about botanicare.

Top Bottom