First coco grow. Just trying to make sure I'm doing it properly

• Thread starter Weedmavin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weedmavin

Hey growers. Just wanting some confirmation on my coco grow to make sure I'm on the right track.

My medium is botanicare readygro aeration formula. Coco/perlite probably around 50/50.
I'm using regular plastic 1 gal pots.
Under 1 600hps
21 plants in a 3x3 tray

I'm using lucus style right now. I have gh grow too but do I need it?
I'm adding roots excel at 1ml/gal
I've already inoculated with Heisenberg tea. Will use weekly 1 cup/gal
I'll flush with that and 1/4 nutes weekly.

I'm feeding once a day by hand.
.8ec or 400ppm on my fresh rooted clones.
6.0ph (5.8-6.2)

Does this sound like it should work ok? For veg anyway. We'll get to flower later

Should I get a cal mg supplement?
Should I use epsom?
Or will lucus work fine?

From my research it seems that if I am going to hand feed once per day I should have plenty of run off (30%) and use a higher ec or ppm.(400ppm for one watering vs 200 in a drip system, sound correct?) Dtw (What I'm doing now)

With drip feed I should water less strength more often with no run off(what I'd like to do in flower) dtw

Most the threads I've read (at least the ones showing impressive results) all seem to favor canna aqua flakes with Epsom and canna coco with no perlite.

I will be using both when I transplant into 3 gals for flower. I will drip feed then too. Adding drip clean.

Any advice is hugely appreciated!!!
Veg advice preferably just to be on the same page. I'll have plenty of questions I'm sure when I flower. (Or hopefully I find all the answers by then, we'll see)

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey Weedmavin,

It sounds like you are on the right track. I've never ran Lucas, so maybe someone else will chime in on that.

My experience is water everyday, get some run-off, and add CalMg at 3ml per gal. Small containers work really well, especially if you are watering everyday. I have plants in flower in 1/2 gal pots and they look great.

I do a feed, feed, water schedule. When I water, I don't use plain water. I either add molasses or CalMg and it seems to act well as a flush. I run Canna coco or Botanicare PBP.

Good luck.

W

Weedmavin

Thanks JD
It seems the advice in coco seems pretty in sync thread to thread. That's pretty reassuring.

Going from Dwc to coco is nuts tho. I would never run my ec over 1.2 in Dwc. I would started at .4! I made a 7.5/10 mix m/b and the ec was 1.8! I freaked and watered it down to .8 lol
I probably shouldn't do that lol
It seems like peeps have no prob running 6/9 on rooted clones. I saw one guy suggest 3/9? I think for the first 3 days then up to 6/9.
It seems so hot to me. Dwc habits tho. Look where that got me lol

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I never check EC or PH. I let the plant tell me if it's having problems.

I run my nutes at the recommended rates and don't have issues. If I did, I would just flush the shit out of them with CalMg and water, and go from there.

Another thing to consider is the rise in RH with coco. I grow in tents, so I have problems keeping humidity down.

You'll do fine. Keep it simple.

W

Weedmavin

Simple is good, that's for sure. The Lucas style is working great. My new clones are starting to kick ass. It took a week before they did shit but now they are cruising. Greening up real nice and the leaves getting bigger and bigger. They are also stacking better then they ever have done for me before. I think in gonna use my re once a week. Any thoughts on that?
Tea once a week as well.
I just flushed yesterday with .5 ec. They looked great this morning.
I'm about to top the new clones. The Dwc transplants are cool but not as vig as the fresh clones.
So I'm probably just going to stagger going in to the flower room. Give the transplants more time to regain some strength. I don't mind harvesting a light every two weeks.

If you have any advice on when you up your ec and in what incraments that'd be cool.

I started the rooted clones at .8 to start for three days then to .9 now at two weeks in at 1.0. Now they seem to really be moving now. Not sure if that's because of the time or the ec tho. Probably both I'm sure.

W

Weedmavin

Not sure where I should stop raising the ec. I guess I'll just go up by .1 every week till week 4 of flower. Make adjustments as needed.

W

Weedmavin

So this forum is just dead huh?

For peeps researching, this technique is awesome. Just follow h3ads instruction on icmag and you should be good to go. Kiss all day! 2 nutes and coco is all you need. No joke.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

So this forum is just dead huh?

For peeps researching, this technique is awesome. Just follow h3ads instruction on icmag and you should be good to go. Kiss all day! 2 nutes and coco is all you need. No joke.

Dude, you started this thread. You got the info you were looking for. So unless you have more to add then yes, this thread is done.

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Personally I think 21 plants in 1 gallon pots in a 3x3 is a waste of space......especially with lucas.

I'd say your much better off growing 99 single stem plants topped never housed in rainbow color coded shot glasses from Ireland. (....you know, for good luck ;))
Oh and dont forget to add blumats .... cant forget them summabitches.

W

Weedmavin

Helpful. They were hard to find but I got the shot glasses. I think I'm gonna amend with cat shit, old tampons, dead pigeons, and squirrel testies. Old fam recipe from our unicorn farm in Tuscaloosa

W

Weedmavin

Oh and I do have more to add....

I dropped the worst performers and kept the best 12. The fresh clones def doing better (awesome in fact) then my rescues but they are coming along. Starting normal growth. Can't believe how bushy they have got in 2 weeks.

W

Weedmavin

Btw I was talking about the entire coco forum being dead, guy

Top Bottom