First Coco Hempy Bucket Grow... Advice Needed

• Thread starter cerronech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cerronech

Hey guys,
I am just about to begin my first grow, and have decided to use a hempy bucket to grow a single feminized plant (Nirvana's Ak48). I have been researching a great deal about the "best" approach to growing this way, and have decided to use a mix of perlite and coco coir (most likely in a 1:3 ratio).
As far as the seedling stage goes, I was thinking of starting it in rockwool, or some other type of seedling pellet,and then placing it into a solo cup once roots develope a bit.

Basically, I am unclear about 2 things:
1) What medium would be best for seedling stage? 100% perlite, or a combination of coco and perlite? As I will ultimately be growing in a mix, I feel like a combo of the 2 would reduce transplant stress. Also I was thinking coco would offer more support?
2) how should I go about the transplant? I was thinking of cutting the bottom of the solo cup after a few weeks and simply allowing the roots to extend once put in a ~2 gallon bucket. Or, should I just pull the plant out of the cup and place it directly into the larger bucket? If so, how EXACTLY would i go about doing either of these methods?
Thanks in advance!

Also, if I plan on growing only a single plant can I count on germinating one seed, and having it develope without any issues? Or should I germinate a couple, in case of any problems that may happen along the way.

J

juicymeow

Hi! I m nearing the end of
My first coco grow that has this far been successful. Before that I had one grow in soil. Coco is soooo much better. Ok. So,for seedlings I did 70/30 coco/ perlite. I put her in a solo cup straight from the towel after it sprouted. After that I didn't water until the cup was almost dry. I transplanted once I saw the pretty roots sticking out. I waited until the coco was pretty dry and loosened it by squeezing gently around the cup. I had my bucket ready with the moist coco/perlite. I loosened the cup a bit, slapped that mofo upside down onto my palm (roots up) and gently put it into the Coco. Covered it, watered the top. And waited until almost dry until my next watering. There didn't seem to be any transplant shock . I m six weeks in and my plant is healthy and thriving, even after I accidentally snapped off the main cola.

Top Bottom