First custom organic soil, any help appreciated.

• Thread starter TreFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

So i started this thread at the Mota side as a Herijuana thread. I have now added a few girls, 5 DGT G-13, and a GDP. The rest will remain anonymous to protect the innocent:character0035: But the main reason for coming over here is it is my first 100% organic. Any organigurus hit me up with some thoughts... please:)
Girls got new shoes and are in under 1000w MH. They are a little rough around the edges. The dry heat and windy conditions around my place was really doing a number on them.
Gone 100% Organic for this round! No fox farm, no shortcuts!!! Mota, this one's for you!
Here is the soil "build-out": I will list from bottom drainage layer, through to the top layer one step at a time. Listed in "parts" unless stated.
Bottom layer-
2 perlite
1 Happy Frog soil coditioner
1/2 cup Fantastic 5 Fert. (F5Fertilizer.com) 4-4-4
Pinch of Mexican guano 10-1-1
1tbs Down to Earth Guano 3-10-1
1tbs bone meal
Middle layer:
2 Roots Organic Big Worm EWC
1 Happy Frog
1 FF Ocean Forest
1 perlite
1 Gardner & Bloome potting soil
pinch Mex. Guano
1/2 tbs DTE guano
2 tbs F5
1tbs Bone meal
Toplayer:
1 perlite
1 G&B
1 OF
Pinch Mex guano
1 tbs DTE guano
1 tbs bone meal
1 tbs blood meal
1 tbs alfalfa meal
To avoid a monochromatic soil:
--- layers were stirred but not blended leaving pockets of love and irregular layering---
Additives were added between layers and covered, not mixed in.
UPDATE: Ohhhh yaaa! one more turned female, she had "balls" yesterday I swear! LOL Tranny;) hehehe
3 F 2 M.
Keeping one for IBL with other 2 males. Flower and pollinate seperate from the sinse populous.
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE! as the sun came onto the boys outside, the one that had "gone female" had opened up and are now round again. I wish I would have snapped a photo earlier this morning, its like a rose closing at night I guess. Its the first time I have noticed/realized it happened.
So its 2F 3M still.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I thought I was losing my mind when I saw that before, I literally comb the branch when I went back to try to find it, it was gone.
The layers have everything covered for the plant in separate environments where the roots, bacterias, and fungi can flourish. Just like nature.
I've done a layered mix and loved it! You will too ,Good luck.

K

kolah

Do you have a rough estimate on what that would cost to whip together?

T

TreFarmer

I thought I was losing my mind when I saw that before, I literally comb the branch when I went back to try to find it, it was gone.
The layers have everything covered for the plant in separate environments where the roots, bacterias, and fungi can flourish. Just like nature.
I've done a layered mix and loved it! You will too ,Good luck.

I looked again this morning but they have started getting bigger, they are beginning to flower.
I am super stoked on the super soil!! Thanks for stopping by!

Do you have a rough estimate on what that would cost to whip together?
I did not shop around needed them asap, you can cut this by finding cheaper pricing. I have it layed out for bloom so if you are doing a full run look into more N early etc.
120 in root pots
35 for HF
22 for perlite
9 for G&B
10 for OF
and about 7 each on amendments
So about 125 or there about.
IMG_20110724_212943.jpg
IMG_20110726_001401.jpg

The frog was free. He jumped off the bag o Happy Frog when I opened it the second day. In it or on it hows that for awesome?

T

TreFarmer

IMG_20110801_123626.jpg
this is a few days after tplant, looking real nice! Ill snap a new one today. Flippin 12/12 tomorrow:)

Top Bottom