First dryback after transplant in rockwool?

• Thread starter justice8965
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justice8965

justice8965

Hey All! Been growing in coco for a few years, giving rockwool a try this run. I cloned in the grodan a-ok plugs and placed them into 6" hugos once rooted. I'm using a Teros 12 to read wc/ec. The Hugos read 80% WC after initial soak, which from what I'm reading is the field capacity I was expecting. It's now been a week since transplant and I haven't watered once. The Teros is still reading 80% WC on the side of the block that's on the drain side of my table, which is where Aroya says to place the sensor. Higher in the block is reading 40-45% WC, which makes sense.

The clones look healthy, although I do see some spots on the leaves, maybe a mag def. Dankumhunter's feed chart says the initial drydown should be to 45% WC, which is what I'm waiting to see on the Teros. My question is, is it normal to not water for over a week on initial transplant? My worry is mostly pushing fresh o2 to the root zone through watering. Thanks to any rockwool pros who give advice!

Transplant Day:
First dryback after transplant in rockwool

Today, one week later:
First dryback after transplant in rockwool 2
First dryback after transplant in rockwool 3

Teros reading:
First dryback after transplant in rockwool 4

W

WickedGummyBear

They look healthy, but would also like to know.. From experience I know RW stays wet very very long though..

justice8965

justice8965

They look healthy, but would also like to know.. From experience I know RW stays wet very very long though..
I ended up not watering for 12 days I think. The Hugo's do hold a ton of moisture so the roots have plenty to drink when they're just starting to spread. The grow ended up incredible, once I got the hang of irrigation.

W

WickedGummyBear

Ah glad to hear you had an incredible grow! You have any pictures?

justice8965

justice8965

Sure here they are on chop day. My current grow I'm trying 4x4x2.5 blocks on slabs. Definitely not going as well, will be using Hugo's full time after this one

Screenshot 20230629 132727 Gallery
Screenshot 20230629 132716 Gallery
Screenshot 20230629 132646 Gallery

W

WickedGummyBear

Damn yeah they look chunky AF hahaha.. well going back to other blocks is a good idea. At least now you know right. Most of the time its experimenting anyways, seeing what works better and what doesn't..

Top Bottom