First Dwc Autoflower Grow I Have Mutiple Questions !

• Thread starter YoungJ2k17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YoungJ2k17

These are my plants and I was wondering if they look good or if they look like they are growing slow ? It's been 7 Days Since I planted the seed in a Rockwool cube It's a white widow auto that I have in a 5 gallon dwc system under a BloomSpect 300W Led Panel I Will Be Using advanced nutrients Grow Micro Bloom I Just Need Some Advice and some help so if you have some good advice for me and could help me I would really appreciate it !
FIRST PICTURE 24 after germ
First dwc autoflower grow i have mutiple questions

SECOND PICTURE day 3
First dwc autoflower grow i have mutiple questions 2

Next to pics are day 6
First dwc autoflower grow i have mutiple questions 3
First dwc autoflower grow i have mutiple questions 4

Y

YoungJ2k17

How do you know it's sick ? What's telling you that ? And what can I do to make it better ?

H

heisen

Check out the video I made on starting plants in DWC.these are t he same plants 7 days old from when i made the video.

20171012 091829

H

heisen

These are my plants and I was wondering if they look good or if they look like they are growing slow ? It's been 7 Days Since I planted the seed in a Rockwool cube It's a white widow auto that I have in a 5 gallon dwc system under a BloomSpect 300W Led Panel I Will Be Using advanced nutrients Grow Micro Bloom I Just Need Some Advice and some help so if you have some good advice for me and could help me I would really appreciate it !
FIRST PICTURE 24 after germ View attachment 749387
SECOND PICTURE day 3View attachment 749388
Next to pics are day 6View attachment 749389 View attachment 749390
I can tell the way it looks.ive grown enough plants and seen many many seedlings.being a pro active grower instead of a reactive one will put you ahead of the game

Y

YoungJ2k17

So what should I do ? Could it be I added nutrients to soon ? Here's a better picture and I mean I did half to take it out and put it into a new Rockwool cube so could it be growing slow because of that ?

IMG 20171012 102441
Y

YoungJ2k17

And this is the second one I have its more green but what are your thoughts on this one ? It's in soil

IMG 20171012 102450
Y

YoungJ2k17

It's only been 7 Days Since planted and germ all together I've had people say there seeds took up to 3 days to germ

Y

YoungJ2k17

Could it be they just haven't grown so much because I accsedently ripped the cube and had to transplant it to a new one ?

H

heisen

Yeah your leaving out alot of details.what nutes did you mix.did you have a good tap root before u put the cubes on the rocks.did you have plenty of bubbles in the rocks.without knowing whatbu did it's impossible to pin point your issue

H

heisen

I personally have seen Rockwool kill more seeds than any other medium.some people love them but tghey are definitely not for an inexperienced grower.they are naturally on the high alkaline side so unless you phed it down than that could also be an issue.your plant will come around if the roots can get down to some cool highly oxygenated water.otherwise it will continue to show signs of stress eventually leading it to expire

Y

YoungJ2k17

Yes I did have a good tap root when I put it in but then being to curious I took the cube out to see if roots where coming out the bottom and I ripped it so I had to transplant the seedling with its root to another cube and put it back in and I use advanced nutrients grow micro bloom ph perfect and yes the bubbles are doing pretty good its close enouth to constantly soak the rockwool

Y

YoungJ2k17

I'm kind of thinking because I had to transplant to another cube i kind of slowed the growth or something I'm not sure

Y

YoungJ2k17

How does this one look ? It's the Same type of plant according to the seed bank but it's in soil and I kind of messed up tryna look at the roots on this one and had to transplant it to but it's way greener

Y

YoungJ2k17

Hopefully if I just leave the one in the dwc system alone for a lil to grow some roots out the net pot into the resivor it will do better

Y

YoungJ2k17

What do you think ? This is another better picture showing the cube and all

IMG 20171012 110852
H

heisen

Yeah you dont want the rockwool to stay soaked.They absorb alot of water and if its to close to the bubbles it will stay soaked.The only thing you really want to get wet is the roots.I stopped using rock wool a while back because just to many issues with it.
Another thing is its ok to give the plants nutrients but not full strength,I dont know much about advanced nutes just seemed like over priced bullshit when i always got stellar results with gen hydro.Than when i saw the side by test with remo involved it really looked like some bullshit and now remo has his own line.Ive always thought AN was just alot of market BS.
I always mix around 1/3 strength of gen H to start off with and never a problem.
You really need to do yourself a favor and do some reading.Instead of asking us to give you a quick fix after you have jumped in with hands and feet.Its better to go on the autoflowers section and read other peoples post and journals.I explain alot of the issues you are having in my grow journals and videos i made.You have to do the research on your own and get the answers to your questions.All of the answers can already be found using a search

Y

YoungJ2k17

I've done a lot of research but I thought post in picks for a expert to see would be easyier

H

heisen

Also you didnt need to put that plant back in another cube.Once the plant has a good tap root you could have just set it down to where the root was barely over the bubbles and just put the rocks around the stem to help support it.No more need for the rockwool once it was up.Ive had to do this to plants before when something went wrong with the peat pellets.Its not a death sentence for the seedling if you have to remove it from whatever substrate its in.

H

heisen

I've done a lot of research but I thought post in picks for a expert to see would be easyier
yeah your roots need oxyegen and sitting in a soaked piece of rockwool is not giving it to the root.Once the root grows into the bubbles it will start to improve if the plant doesnt expire before that happens.Autos are on a time clock and every day counts to get the most from them.A shitty start and being stunted for 2 weeks or even 3 before they get going will effect how much they yield.next time forget the rockwool to germinate.They are a pain in the dick and there are other ways that are better for more in experieced grower.even for experienced grower that can be difficult.

Top Bottom