First Dwc Grow, What Ya Think So Far?

• Thread starter HiGro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Very Very Cool HiGro, the start I was seeing my 1st run and then it was like a blink of an eye and your Ladies Exploded into Princesses Way To Go grow grow green green
I would bet some nice numbers off them and some great smoke you can say ya grew your way . . .
Super Rocking the Buckets Vibes to ya Higro
FlyJ

HiGro

HiGro

Thanks brother! Yes they are booming, Its amazing how fast these girls are growing loving the hydroponics set ups. Lots of new ideas and improvements to come for the future grows. Really appreciate the good vibes brother!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I dont have much experience with the DWC or bubble buckets but what I have seen is some monster trees can be had and yours are well on there way to being just that

My space is limited to very low super topping and Manifolding the plant so I am always a month or so longer in veg than Most would be, I could only dream of a 5 footer LoL even a 3 footer...

Please don't mind me say-in IMHO the heavy wilting and droop at the start is RH issue and air movement under base of leaves and it appeared that your air pump is in the room with your CO2 maker and may be suck-in in some of the nastiness and givin your super beautiful roots a bit too much of the wrong type of bubbles if I am wrong about the air pump I say try movin more air inside or by all means introduce air transfer in the space...
Just thoughts to see ya reach monster high.
peace and great thread

PS just to clarify the leaves should be dancing a bit with a fan going back and forth lightly not hurricane just a nice breeze to move the new O2 out and the CO2 in under to the stoma

FlyJ

Last edited:
papapayne

papapayne

Yea I suspect more aeration is going to be your ticket! More O2 to the roots is always a good thing.

HiGro

HiGro

Yeah I didn't really expect for these girls to get this big this fast, This was kinda my Experimental and learning grow just to see how I did. I feel pretty comfortable to expand my grow op now. I have a 10x12 shed that I'm currently converting to my new grow room, Probably mainly flowing room. And use this one to veg and I have a couple clone boxes 24"x24"x36" that i made myself, with bubble cloners in them which I also made too for about $10 bucks!

I will defiantly take in consideration of moving my pump away from any possible CO2, and bring up my RH in Veg.

Those new 9" AIT Spiders really got it bubbling in those pots, but yeah I agree more O2 is always great! Im building a RDWC system with the WaterFall effect and top drip a "Hybrid" of mine I'm going to try. Should be tons of Dissolved O2 constantly circulating!!

HiGro

HiGro

0219151534a
0219151536a
0219151535a

HiGro

HiGro

Update: Great new growth, the more I water with RO Ph'D at 5.8 the better they look. So with that said Im going to cut back the Nitrogen cause the Lemon Skunk is still showing a little clawing. The LSD seems to like a little more! Both are showing beautiful flowers!

Just wondering though their getting real bushy should I prune a little? (2nd week of flower)

Lemon Skunk:

0221150905c

0221150911b
0221150912a
0221150905b

LSD:

0221150905a
0221150912b

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Gorgeous. I swear, I'm going to quit coming to the hydro forums. Get that urge every time I'm in these parts, to do something that would probably result in a flooded house lol. Good lookin system you have there, sir!

ccWTF

ccWTF

Plants look great.
Each bucket is its own system? They're not connected with plumbing? 3 gals of water per plant?
I was looking to do something similar, but i connected several buckets into a system. I was up to 50gals and seemed like too expensive for the nutes.
I see youre using very little nutes though. Is that 1/2 strength?

HiGro

HiGro

Yes each Bucket is its own Res, not connected to any other buckets. A little time consuming changing and cleaning but I got it down now.

Now the nutes I would consider it around 1/3 strength. So if it calls for 1tsp/gal then I put 1tsp/3gal. Don't know if thats legit but it works for me.

Im using Foxs Farms hydro line and their a little hott! I went by their schedule and it was way too much. Less is More!

And it all depends on strain, Like the LSD is hungry! She gets a little more than the Lemon Skunk she tends to claw more after res changes.

Oh and the buckets are 5gal and i keep the water level at the 3gal mark, I really wish I had 10gal buckets because their root mass is almost coming out the buckets now!

ccWTF

ccWTF

i have the same problem with roots getting too big. I bought 2- 27gal totes and have 2 plants in each. About $10 each

HiGro

HiGro

Do you keep those plants in there through flowering or do they start to overlap each other?

I have a similar set up with 18gal totes and two 3.75" net cups but never run it yet.

ccWTF

ccWTF

I suggest you keep your plant in the Netty and Lid and cut a 7" or larger hole for the roots in the tote. this way you can remove the plant easily without scraping the roots. I did that with one plant and it worked out well

papapayne

papapayne

Don't cut tops once you start flowering removes bud sites, once they finish the stretch they don't grow back more sites. You can, and most do, remove the lowest bud sites that don't receive much light. I tend to leave more then most people do to make hash/oil with the popcorn,
they look great man!

I am about to start my flower cycle here myself

Latest posts

Top Bottom