First Ever Grow --- Day 4

• Thread starter Htownextracts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I have not started nutes yet. Was considering doing 1/8 on next water (tomorrow) but wasn't sure! Its 50/50 peat verm with some dolomitic like and pelletized gypsum.

Yeah do that, I wouldn't start this early in soil, but I would if I were growing in plain media.

Htownextracts

Htownextracts

SEP 1st Update

Well... onto the next! From my understanding, they are in pre flower and arent going to yield anything cause of how small they are. Going to just start over. I'm going to attempt these autos one more time and then resort to a photoperiod if it fails again.

AUG 24: One of my lights went out. Switched all plants under one light. I figured this might not be a huge problem as I knew that I was blasting them with too much light anyways

AUG 25: Watered with little nutes for the first time! 1/8 amount. Left town early due to possible hurricanes.

SEP 1st: First day back in town. Had a friend water once while I was gone. After opening the tent, I initially was like FUCK YEA cause they finally looked like they got some solid growth until I noticed that most of them have began to flower...

I understand that they are many variables that could have caused the stunted growth etc...... BUT I am wondering if one light going out could have shocked them into flower?????

Last edited:
Htownextracts

Htownextracts

Image0 18
Image2 5
Image3 3
Image4 1

Madbud

Madbud

They flipped under 24/0 light schedule or did you lose power?

Htownextracts

Htownextracts

They flipped under 24/0 light schedule or did you lose power?
They have been on 24/0 throughout. Never lost power that I know of... One of the lights went out though so I moved them all under the remaining light

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I don't think it was the one light going out that caused them to flower, but I have never grown autos. IMO it will be worth growing these ones out more, for the learning experience, before jumping into your next run. Next thing I would start trying to figure out is that purple growth at the top.

Htownextracts

Htownextracts

I don't think it was the one light going out that caused them to flower, but I have never grown autos. IMO it will be worth growing these ones out more, for the learning experience, before jumping into your next run. Next thing I would start trying to figure out is that purple growth at the top.
Yea forsure good idea thanks! I'll keep growing them for the experience and to see what happens.
And the purple growth is the flower, this strain is solid purple buds and I can see some pistols on there as well

Htownextracts

Htownextracts

SEP 3rd:

Gave a good watering with 1/2 nutes.

It looks like about 9/15 plants are showing signs of pre flower. I am going to grow them out see what happens! As soon as my replacement light gets here, I will plant some more and make a new thread for my 2nd grow attempt.

BREAKING NEWS:
The person who watered my plants finally admitted to using water straight out the tap to water while I was gone. ***Note I didn't ask them to water my plants, they did it because they "figured they needed water"... and they didn't tell me that they did until I noticed that the pots weren't completely dry when I got back... Immediately they said they did with pHed filtered water... BUT after a few drinks last night they finally admitted they poured straight from tap 🙃. I measured the tap water and it was at .78EC and 8.something pH and it even smells like bleach/chlorine lol...

Now I am not certain that this one watering could have done this... but still... C'mon man!!!!!!

I know that there are many things that I have written down to do different next grow and to enjoy the learning process

I know the importance of pH balance and that is one of the main differences that will take place on my next grow!!! I didn't check pH every single time in the beginning either which is what I believe is the main factor that initially stunted them.

Image0 21
Image1 15
Htownextracts

Htownextracts

OCT 16th:

Harvested all 15 of the autos. Of course, didnt yield much as the average height was only 1ft tall. However the buds really filled in and got some massive nugs!!! It looks like possibly some of dankest “HEMP” Ive seen yet!!! Cant wait to smoke it. Just had nasal surgery so I can’t smell them unfortunately, but Im sure they smell amazing...

After speaking to another 2 people growing this strain Indoors... Both said their plants ended at around 2ft tall.

I got them hanging to dry. Temp and humidity great. Will update on final weight and pics!

We are currently on the hunt for clones, as I would like to fill up the room! Got a dimmer as well, and fixed many of our problems throughout our first grow. Im gonna put a couple of the same autos again with different variables to really experiment and compare and learn!!! Thanks for everyones help and for telling me to grow em out!!! Gonna loose money on this first grow but it’s not even about the money, Im just happy for the experience!!!!

Top Bottom