First Ever Grow, No Til, Documenting Every Learning Step

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ecompost

Ecompost

Thank you man. I may be getting this third cycle started soon but it'll be with different media. I spread my 25g in my backyard and I planted 3 aloes into the ground with it. Our winters are generally relatively mild. Snows a few times here or there though so im thinking of I do a layer of mulch to insulate them when it gets a little chillier and seeing if they make it.

Also I don't have them even ordered yet but I'll be running blumats just so I don't have the watering issue, a long with a quality moisture meter.

This last run was sort of me wanting to expand and grow more cannabis. This run will be dialing things in. Soil in particular is going to be my focus. It should've been my focus from the start but just a small reminder to anyone reading; this thread quite literally shows the first thing I've ever grow, so my learning curve was overwhelming. I'm learning and continuously going to share my mistakes with you guys to potentially help someone.
good man, we dont always need to know why, but we need to be observant to note change and adapt accordingly. I still mess things up and i have been doing this for so long i cant remember not doing it -)

F

FutureGrower

Alright I would really like some help. I'm preparing my 3rd cycle and getting everything sorted out. I have 11 seeds I'm planning on popping and placing in 11 separate 2 gallon fabric pots. From there I'll add them to the 15 gallon pots 1 at a time and let them grow out and flower and pick my favorites and keep cuttings.

My questions are do I add aeration to the 2 gallons? I know most people seem to like planting into pure compost and peat but I think 2 gallon pot may need some aeration.

The other concern I have is nutrition. I don't want to burn the plants by adding kelp or mbp but should I? Since these won't be their final pots do I just plant without nutrients and top dress or add teas when I see deficiencies? What about ipm? Do I add neem? I would imagine so since it shouldn't burn... any help is appreciated. Thank you all :)

F

FutureGrower

So I opted for pure peat and compost mixed with half the amendments I'm going to let it soak in for a few days before starting any seeds

F

FutureGrower

Iā€™ve been watering daily, I forgot to lay mulch down but i will soon I think laying it on top of the baby clovers may not be the best move though lol.

I was listening to a kis organics podcast with the world record pumpkin grower and he was actuall recommending to ph water even in organic systems, and said his pumpkins have greatly benefitted from it. Iā€™m considering trying a run with and without phā€™ing and see how it goes.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Iā€™ve been watering daily, I forgot to lay mulch down but i will soon I think laying it on top of the baby clovers may not be the best move though lol.

I was listening to a kis organics podcast with the world record pumpkin grower and he was actuall recommending to ph water even in organic systems, and said his pumpkins have greatly benefitted from it. Iā€™m considering trying a run with and without phā€™ing and see how it goes.
I used to ph my water, but now I don't. I haven't noticed any difference. The caveat is that my tap water has a neutral ph so I can't say for sure that adjusting ph wouldn't help plants that are watered with a higher ph water. It probably would.

F

FutureGrower

I used to ph my water, but now I don't. I haven't noticed any difference. The caveat is that my tap water has a neutral ph so I can't say for sure that adjusting ph wouldn't help plants that are watered with a higher ph water. It probably would.

Well he was also saying the record holders are doing 80% organic 20% chemical ferts. Maybe is helps the micro organisms adapt to whatever they're using.

Thanks for sharing though made me rethink what or why they are ph'ing. I'll get a itch going and do some research one insomnia filled night lol!

F

FutureGrower

This is what I have going on right now. Just clovers growing up with my light around 20% power (100ish watts). I wish I had a par meter so I could get some ppfd numbers. Maybe someday.

I placed some red cedar mulch over 3 of my 2 gallon pots, I will eventually do all the pots but for now I'm just making sure the cedar won't effect any growth.

Humidity doesnt seem like it'll be an issue. Maybe high humidity will be though. Space is going to get pretty miserable I've already decided I'm going to hang my cmh back up and veg under it to make things a little less chaotic (while vegging under my led also)

Not really going to be a comparison as I don't have a tester to see what they're pulling from the wall and the led will be turned way down in veg. Also the cmh wont be tented... ect ect ect lol

20180817 215545
F

FutureGrower

Oh. I made my frame slightly too big but it still works. The driver is rubbing against the tent, I just need to attach something to both ends of the driver to poke the tent out a little but so it doesnt get heatsoaked at higher outputs

F

FutureGrower

I was able to hang the light frame slightly different and there's a air gap between the driver and the tent.

I popped only 4 seeds because my county laws confused me so much. The sheriff of my County doesnt believe weed should be legal and sorta has taken a hardlined stance from what I can see. So I figure I'll play it safe.

The real reason I wanted to post was to share shango los YouTube channel. It's a little long format for some. Especially since he has so much content compared to tad hussey oe somebody. But I'm finding many hidden gems in some of his conversations.

Rcubed

Rcubed

I was able to hang the light frame slightly different and there's a air gap between the driver and the tent.

I popped only 4 seeds because my county laws confused me so much. The sheriff of my County doesnt believe weed should be legal and sorta has taken a hardlined stance from what I can see. So I figure I'll play it safe.

The real reason I wanted to post was to share shango los YouTube channel. It's a little long format for some. Especially since he has so much content compared to tad hussey oe somebody. But I'm finding many hidden gems in some of his conversations.
Every time I planted a seed he said "Kill it before it grows" (Sheriff John Brown)

F

FutureGrower

So after close to a month cure I decided to smoke my first buds from my second cycle. The buds have a fantastic earthy aroma and the burn is almost perfect.

It's still Larpy and I probably yielded 3-4 ounces (I don't own a scale just a guess) which isn't much but at least it's a quality smoke with good kush effects. I have a terrible sense of smell so it's pretty stinky stuff :)

My 3rd cycle is doing great just finished week 2 of being planted I'm getting ready to turn my leds up to 250ish watts but I'm gonna let them grow for another week maybe first.

In the 4x4 my light has a 100% coverage area which is amazing and frustrating at the same time! I'm waiting so much light but I don't have anything to fill the gaps up with yet lol

F

FutureGrower

So week 3 (from seed) today. I have one runt in the group but in the last week its began catching up... i have an idea that one may be Male just from its branching we will see if my hunch is right eventually lol. really nothing exciting to post but here's a few photos.

20180908 202138
20180908 201949
20180908 201928
Wishbone

Wishbone

So week 3 (from seed) today. I have one runt in the group but in the last week its began catching up... i have an idea that one may be Male just from its branching we will see if my hunch is right eventually lol. really nothing exciting to post but here's a few photos.

Whatā€™s the cover crop?

F

FutureGrower

Whatā€™s the cover crop?

Crimson clover and it's hard to tell but I have pine bark fines for mulch in 3/4 pots. The one that doesnt have mulch I hand water for what seems like twice as long.

I'm intentionally not adding mulch to the fourth because I really don't wanna add a humidifier in a 4x4 and the evaporation from the keeps the rh around 62-65. In flower I may actually add mulch to keep the rh down a little to prevent mold.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Crimson clover and it's hard to tell but I have pine bark fines for mulch in 3/4 pots. The one that doesnt have mulch I hand water for what seems like twice as long.

I'm intentionally not adding mulch to the fourth because I really don't wanna add a humidifier in a 4x4 and the evaporation from the keeps the rh around 62-65. In flower I may actually add mulch to keep the rh down a little to prevent mold.

Good idea for rh regulation.

F

FutureGrower

I don't think I ever mentioned what I'm growing lol. Bodhi seeds uplift (hells og x snow lotus)

F

FutureGrower

Does anybody know what this is? It started a day after I sprayed agsil16h (and did a poor job at keeping it to the soil. Just wanna make sure its nothing I need to worry about (hopefully) lol

20180914 194818
F

FutureGrower

Does anybody know what this is? It started a day after I sprayed agsil16h (and did a poor job at keeping it to the soil. Just wanna make sure its nothing I need to worry about (hopefully) lol

Wind stress I was prob stoned when I made that post haha.

F

FutureGrower

So I'm too lazy to check my calendar I just got comfortable but my grow has been going great so far.

Only struggle I've came across is dingus gnats and I have bt but I can't find it so I'll order some more. They got pretty bad I was gone for 3 days and noticed a couple the day before I left lol.

I ordered some sf beneficials... I'm not going to spell it correctly so I'm not going to try lol. I had them in my 25g pot but the bottom 1/3 of the soil was hard. I just emptied it in my backyard and broke up and watered into the ground with a really large amount of aloe (probably a gram of 200x cause it slipped lol)

I built a little "Veg" area also just going to hang my 315 so I can get a little closer to a perpetual grow.

Just 4 15g pots. I couldn't lift the 25gallon without messing my shoulder up for a long time. Since I'm only 3 cycles in I still am really designing whatever my "final" layout will be so I suppose I just want something manageable.

I need to take some cuttings but after that I'll be changing the lighting schedule.

Latest posts

Top Bottom